Skada+Healing Done

So my guild and I have been working on HoF (and by working on I mean wiping to bosses we've killed and not spending very much time on new stuff...) and last night I was pretty stoked because I was simply atonement healing on Blade Lord. Skada (with absorb module) had me about 10k HPS higher than the other healers on the fight and I just chalked it up to atonement being a smart heal and I was keeping bubbles on the tanks. However, after the night was done someone posted logs and I was the lowest healer on the charts.

So I guess what I'm asking is, has anyone else noticed a huge discrepancy in numbers like that?

Quote Originally Posted by hopezero View Post
    So my guild and I have been working on HoF (and by working on I mean wiping to bosses we've killed and not spending very much time on new stuff...) and last night I was pretty stoked because I was simply atonement healing on Blade Lord. Skada (with absorb module) had me about 10k HPS higher than the other healers on the fight and I just chalked it up to atonement being a smart heal and I was keeping bubbles on the tanks. However, after the night was done someone posted logs and I was the lowest healer on the charts.

So I guess what I'm asking is, has anyone else noticed a huge discrepancy in numbers like that?
    you were the lowest healer overall, on that boss, on an aggregate of all boss attempts? no idea what the answer could be without more info. Ideally, post the logs themselves.

I have found skada to be consistantly accurate to world of logs, though I havent been focusing on healing lately

I was the lowest healer on our kill attempt. Skada had me ahead by a mile, WoLs had me behind by quite a bit.

I would worry about keeping everyone alive and not how much healing you do. If everyone is alive at the end of a fight, then you did your job well or the dps stepped in bad stuff. Skada already tracks absorbs (but only when they are absorbed fully i think) so no need for an extra module. WoL is the most accurate you can get though.

Do you have the absorbs addon installed for Skada? If you do, it is counting your DA procs and your shields twice.

WoL is all about HPS and HPS(e)
    So... when you are atonement healing... you wont get active time on heals and the hps(e) will go down and wont rank you as high....
    Thats how it works i think

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyroneus View Post
    Do you have the absorbs addon installed for Skada? If you do, it is counting your DA procs and your shields twice.
    IIRC, was a thread a few weeks back having the the same problem and it was in fact the absorb addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyroneus View Post
    This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. Should I remove the module for Skada absorbs, or is it just when I'm atonement healing?

Skada has always been so accurate outside of this fight, I was trying to figure out why on this fight I was so far off the actual number. And I understand that numbers are just numbers and i should be happy that we killed the boss but I like to know I'm pulling my own weight.
    Last edited by hopezero; 2012-11-14 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Forgot key question.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Skada "as is" already shows absorbs, and is pretty similar to WoL, so no need to install the outdated absorb module.
    You don't need to worry about atonement, it perfectly managed by both.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you. Should I remove the module for Skada absorbs, or is it just when I'm atonement healing?

Skada has always been so accurate outside of this fight, I was trying to figure out why on this fight I was so far off the actual number. And I understand that numbers are just numbers and i should be happy that we killed the boss but I like to know I'm pulling my own weight.
    Yea, just go ahead and remove the Absorbs module. The "Healing Done" module already accounts for Absorbs.