New character selection screens?

So this morning at the character selection screen, each character had the racial background. This afternoon, all alliance characters had a Stormwind Castle type background and horde had an Orgrimmar type background. Now they are back to the racial type background...We getting new backgrounds based on faction soon and it was accidentally shown for a bit this afternoon?

I think it is only different when you create a char versus using a character that already exists....I could be wrong tho.

Those were actually in the beta for all races before release, but I think they are only used for human and orcs at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaucus View Post
    I think it is only different when you create a char versus using a character that already exists....I could be wrong tho.
    This was for all my existing characters. But after you said that I went and created a new one, and the screens I was seeing before on teh existing characters is exactly the same screen on character creation. Guess it was a momentary glitch showing the wrong background.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    I believe it's just a sever glitch. Normally only happens after a patch or extended server maintenance. I don't think it's indicative of new screens being made since we just got new character screens with MoP, or was it the patch before MoP?

Either way, no on new screens, probably just a glitch. You said it was back to normal now, so all is right on the screens we spend all of 5 secs on. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Those are the default backgrounds that appear before the game finishes loading the real backgrounds.