Thread: Map of Racism

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Seriously... Just stop going off topic.

It doesn't matter how Wells, or anyone else, replies to a quote or someone else, everyone is entitled to respond how they want, as long as it doesn't break MMO-Champiom's rules.

Remain on topic. Thanks.
    Soooo.....the mods still haven't caught on, that damn near every "black related" race thread degenerates into some "Stormfront-lite Circle Jerk"?

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Also you are derailing this thread, Since the Subject is Racism in America and you are not even in America.
    Really? Did you really just go there? So non Americans on this forum shouldn't be allowed to participate to discussions concerning an American issue?
    I don't care about it myself since I consider it a non-issue, but I don't see how people outside of the US can't have a valid opinion on the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    I don't really get how Bloodlust fits Shamans...

"I need to calm the elements, and through our sacred bond we will - wait, is that a fucking boss? I'M SO FUCKING ANGRY! I'M GOING TO KILL HIM! NO, WAIT! I'M GOING TO RAPE HIM THEN KILL HIM! WITH SPOONS! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Boretom leats to apadhy, apadhy leats do lazy, ant lazy leats do obesidy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Soooo.....the mods still haven't caught on, that damn near every "black related" race thread degenerates into some "Stormfront-lite Circle Jerk"?
    I noticed.

As someone who is visually the Aryan dream, I really have grown to hate white people. Because they will slip into racism in-front of me because they think I am 100% white. Frankly I am proud of both my German ancestors and my Jewish ones.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 04:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    Really? Did you really just go there? So non Americans on this forum shouldn't be allowed to participate to discussions concerning an American issue?
    I don't care about it myself since I consider it a non-issue, but I don't see how people outside of the US can't have a valid opinion on the subject.
    No having an opinion on the topic and talking about it is fine and welcome, derailing the tread with complaints about how a person posts their opinions is not. And when you do this and have no stake in the argument you are the worst type of troll.

So mister troll please stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by raechuul View Post
    I think this is interesting, but I don't think judging from Twitter really gives us accurate numbers.
    Ya, that's like judging how stupid people are from Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    I'm guessing this doesn't count racist blacks who expressed happiness at continuing to have a black president.
    Do you have any idea how much nonsense is in your post? Unless they are saying "yay we got the black man not the cracker" or "fuck you cracker romney" not it's not racist to celebrate the candidate you wanted. Is it racist for whites to celebrate Obama or any other race? To think that blacks can't celebrate Obama without being racist in of itself is a ridiculous notion.

I find it interesting that northern utah is not lit up like a damn christmas tree. I mean geez there is just covert racism and there is OMG ITS A <insert term here> racism which I have been a witness to at least 10 times in northern utah lol. But on topic...really? map of racism?
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy." -Alexander Tytler

Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    *Snip huge map*
    Not only is there a racist in North Dakota... There is a racist with INTERNET in North Dakota!
    God help us all.

I noticed.

As someone who is visually the Aryan dream, I really have grown to hate white people. Because they will slip into racism in-front of me because they think I am 100% white. Frankly I am proud of both my German ancestors and my Jewish ones.

No having an opinion on the topic and talking about it is fine and welcome, derailing the tread with complaints about how a person posts their opinions is not. And when you do this and have no stake in the argument you are the worst type of troll.

So mister troll please stay on topic.
    I said I would refrain from further posting but I cannot resist. A forum ban is well worth what I am about to say. How dare you speak of trolls as if your words are so sacred. Look at what you just said. You are just as full of hatred as anyone else you claim is a bigot.

I am not interested in forum rules, I don't know what gave you the impression that I was. The fact that you think I actually care about the over-zealous moderation of this board is proof enough to me that you missed my point entirely. I have no desire to cause offence to anyone, but make no mistake of this - I have zero regard for the rules of this forum, because I have my own code of conduct that doesn't involve shying away from difficult issues and spamming sanctimonius rehtoric in response to difficult challenges and questions. Should the two conflict and I get banned, so be it, I am not concerned - also, I do not seek to censor anyone, I only challenge the motivations and credibility of people who resort to smart comments that give no actual insight.

Above all else, you should realise that I am not putting this amount of effort into my post here to antagonise anyone. I am trying to find some way in this sea of chaos of gaining some knowledge and insight. Breaking forum rules and insulting people is not something I seek to do, and if people think that is what I am trying to do then you misunderstand me greatly, but I am afraid you are the one has just offended my senses with your latest two posts.

You just posted a picture congratulating me on being a "douche-bag", why? because you disagree with me? You didn't provide a counter-argument, you didn't fight me with logic, all you did was post a silly picture. Then you somewhat ironically quoted my location (funnily enough it is not the first time this has happened) as if it were relevant to anything. Not only that but you suggest my entire opinion is irrelevant simply because I do not reside in America. Of course there is a comment about how arrogant I am and how I am not worthy of a "John Lennon" avatar. If I were insecure enough to feel the need to defend myself as a person to you no doubt I would become just another mindless flaming idiot, but instead I invite you to look at what you posted and then come back to me and honestly say that your post was not as ignorantly dismissive as the posts you claim to combat.

It amuses me that you can freely admit to approaching hatred for white people, and you will be neither infracted 'nor villified for it, while I stand here with a post I have tried to construct intelligently will be taken as off-topic or worthless shit that will probably get me banned by a moderator that spends no time trying to comprehend what I've said. There is more to being virtuous than meets the eye, remember that.
    Last edited by Tuvok; 2012-11-11 at 12:44 AM.
    "The truth, my goal."

I noticed.

You're flattering yourself, what makes you think you're "visually the Aryan dream" ? Last time i checked, people such as Candice Swanepoel would be considered that much. You say you're both German and Jewish.... how does that not make you 100% white ? What are jews ? Black ? Hispanic ? Asian ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    You're flattering yourself, what makes you think you're "visually the Aryan dream" ? Last time i checked, people such as Candice Swanepoel would be considered that much. You say you're both German and Jewish.... how does that not make you 100% white ? What are jews ? Black ? Hispanic ? Asian ?
    Jews aren't all white... Jews have quite a bit of Arabian blood.

The stereotype of how a Jewish person looks, curlier hair, bigger nose, and all that. It's because a decent number of Jews indeed look like that because they are part Arabian.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Jews aren't all white... Jews have quite a bit of Arabian blood.

The stereotype of how a Jewish person looks, curlier hair, bigger nose, and all that. It's because a decent number of Jews indeed look like that because they are part Arabian.
    What determines the race of a Jew ? If i where to pick up the jewish religion tomorrow, does that not make me a Jew ?

What determines the race of a Jew ? If i where to pick up the jewish religion tomorrow, does that not make me a Jew ?
    kind of one of the dangers of associating race with religion imo. just like not all muslims are arabic, etc, though im sure plenty of people believe otherwise

I live in the US, in the southeast, and it is my personal experience that Hispanic and African American people are far more racist than white people, particularly towards each other. I experience 'reverse racisim' (really a stupid term, racism is racism) almost daily in my dealings with people across many different cultures.

I do not think tweets are a reliable source. Even the topic of racism is hard to discuss because everyone has a certain bias towards it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Monkey isn't derogatory towards black people.

It's derogatory towards saiyans.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

A person who identifies as Jewish by race has a mother who is Jewish by race and as such are part Arabian. A person who becomes a follower of Judaism is also called Jewish.

Going to make a quick reply, honestly the John Lenon guy caused me to get 8 points, which I am going to fight.

Wookeh = You're flattering yourself, what makes you think you're "visually the Aryan dream" ?
    The Aryan dream is tall fair skin, fair haired, light colored eyes with an atheltic build and nature. I was all of these things until I hit 40, I'm no longer Athletic looking.
    Wookeh = Last time i checked, people such as Candice Swanepoel would be considered that much.
    She is all of that sure.So? Being the Aryan Dream doesn't mean you have to be a super model, it means you are German and good at sports, both of which I am.

Wookeh = You say you're both German and Jewish.... how does that not make you 100% white ? What are jews ? Black ? Hispanic ? Asian ?
    Jews are Semetic Peoples, that means they are from the Middle East so technically Asian. I'm just lucky that my Jewish side came from Scottland.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    kind of one of the dangers of associating race with religion imo. just like not all muslims are arabic, etc, though im sure plenty of people believe otherwise
    Being Jewish means your mother has to be born Jewish, mine was, and so were all of her mothers before her, ie my direct maternal line is Semetic which is a fancey way of saying Arab.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    A person who identifies as Jewish by race has a mother who is Jewish by race and as such are part Arabian. A person who becomes a follower of Judaism is also called Jewish.
    You realise the we don't convert people to Judaism, you have to be born one, sure if a goya wants to marry a Jew we have a way for them to join. but it is really hard and generally it never happenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Monkey isn't derogatory towards black people.

It's derogatory towards saiyans.

Yah, actually Monkey orignlly was a German Insult to both the English and French, about 1000 years ago it literally meant Small man. the word Monkey has always been used as an insult. Only in the last 500 years has it meant the small tailed primates. which look like small men, hence the usage.

Going to make a quick reply, honestly the John Lenon guy caused me to get 8 points, which I am going to fight.
    "The John Lennon guy"?

As long as you take this dismissive stance towards me instead of trying to understand what I'm saying, we're not going to get anywhere. I have tried to explain what I believe in to you, but you won't have any of it. I have no desire to engage in any futile battle with you, I just appealed for understanding so that we could progress. I am not looking for a "fight", why can't you see that? You have misunderstood me so greatly, if your reply is going to be what I think it will be, I will simply give up. Maybe you will surprise me, I don't know, but for the time being, I think I am done with this.
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by Rifter View Post
    I live in the US, in the southeast, and it is my personal experience that Hispanic and African American people are far more racist than white people, particularly towards each other. I experience 'reverse racisim' (really a stupid term, racism is racism) almost daily in my dealings with people across many different cultures.
    Of course, your mileage may vary based on region. Here in the DC area, it's just so multiracial that I'd be absolutely confused by someone expressing open racism towards much of anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    So you admit that race is grounds to treat people differently and to judge people by different standards? White people have a responsibility to be "less" racist? Does that mean it is fine for black people to be a little bit "more" racist? But wait, I thought racism was the very thing you were fighting?

Fucking idiotic hypocrisy. People who use the line of reasoning that you have shamelessly dismissed with ridicule have one thing over you, and that is that they stand for the principle of equality, whereas you are on nothing but a crusade.

I will not reply to your trolling, but I will reply to this post which is on topic.

As someone who is visibly white, but of mixed heritage I have witnessed first hand both sides of institutionalized racism. For starters, My teachers in public schools always treated me better than the obviously non-white students, even if the teacher was black. The reasons where simple my father made a lot of money in the film industry, so I always had clean new clothing. I also lived close to my school which made it easy for me to do my homework and study. My black and Hispanic friends had to wake up 2-3 hours everyday earlier than me to take a bus to the school, of course that meant they had the same 2-3 hours on a bus to get home every night. So while I had time to study, and do other things they where on a bus. When I did poorly on a test it was usually one or two questions missed, my friends couldn't even get into the same classes as me because of their grades. Oh the only kids in the AP classes where White or Asian from middle to high middle class families. There where no black or Hispanic kids in AP when I was in school. Ohh, and the School population was 1/3 black, 1/3 Hispanic, 1/3 everyone else. This might be a case study of what life was like in high school in the 80's living in the San Fernando Valley. But looking at the census reports on education in America it is clear that the same issues may still be in effect.

If you are poor and Black or Hispanic you have very little opportunity for higher education. The adding of additional benefits to encourage them to get the degrees is just a way to get the 13% of Americans with African ancestry the incentive to do something better than just be poor laborers. At this moment in time these funds are not offered to Hispanic's because of the fear of illegals using the money. Oh and where does this money come from? people always assume it is from Federal taxes, it is not. The additional money for African ancestor Americans is from private non-profit organizations, whose goals are to equalize the population. The Federal government only sets guidelines how this money is given, and dispersed.