Thread: Map of Racism

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by raechuul View Post
    How many of the Obama threats do you think are credible? What about the life-size replica dolls of Obama that were hung from trees near the election time? Is that just some racist kids having fun or is that credible?
    and all that stuff got media and police attention didn't it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rt7 View Post
    and all that stuff got media and police attention didn't it?
    I read one article about it. I read one article about this Romney thing. Weird!

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavol View Post
    A few thoughts on this...

1) I immediately LOL'D when I saw the greyed out states (Montana, etc)! Do they even have electricity there yet?

2) I live in AL and am apt tell anyone who will listen to me (very few people + my cat), "Don't believe the lies! Racism is still prevalent in the South!".

3) I was just listening to a podcast where someone was saying how once you leave Portland, Oregon, there's an alarming amount of racism in the rest of the state. Neo-nazis, white supremacists, etc. I don't imagine they would be very techno-savvy, though. Or at least I hope not. /shudder
    then you know that huntsville was voted "best place to raise a black family" by a magazine a few years ago. leave alabama, racism is the same there as everywhere. it's verbal, it's rarely directed at anyone who can hear it and it's a non-issue in day to day life

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post
    Hey, white folks can get that too if they step foot into a minority neighborhood. The difference? It's not 90% of the damned country! So yes, white people, you do have to put in that little bit of extra effort to not be racist. I know it's such a terrible burden. But with great power comes with great responsibility.
    You don't seem to get it. People are pointing out that people who voted for Obama JUST because he's black are equally racist as those that didn't vote for him JUST because he's black. And that's very much true. When you totally disregard the other candidate and automatically vote for a black candidate, you're being a racist towards whatever group the other candidate is because you obviously don't hold the same group to an equally high regard as the one you voted for.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    You don't seem to get it. People are pointing out that people who voted for Obama JUST because he's black are equally racist as those that didn't vote for him JUST because he's black. And that's very much true. When you totally disregard the other candidate and automatically vote for a black candidate, you're being a racist towards whatever group the other candidate is because you obviously don't hold the same group to an equally high regard as the one you voted for.
    I don't remember the exact number, but something on the order of 94% of blacks voted for Obama in 2008. But I'm sure that had nothing to do with racism, they just all agreed with his stance on issues. Yet somehow the ~60 of white males that DIDN'T vote for him chose not to because he was black. Riiiiiiiight.

As others have already said, a sample size of 365 is nowhere near enough to show anything statistically significant (especially when you are distributing those over 50 states)

Hatred has embedded itself in our culture very deeply, even in places where it really ought not be. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    People that support things like BET and black history month are just as racist as people that call Obama a monkey.

And people that voted for Obama because of his skin color are just as racist as people that didn't vote for him because of his skin color.
    Goes both ways.
    Racist?? Hahahaha... it's called looking out for your own self interests. What the hell does Mitt Romney offer African Americans??? It would be like a Jew voting for a nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Highly unlikely. I don't know if you're being deliberately obtuse, of if you're literally just unable to grasp the concept that law enforcement only worries about credible threats, and that this is codified in law.
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/06/justic...est/index.html

Doesn't seem much different from what was posted earlier.

Threats to the President are taken very seriously:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threate...es#Other_cases

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Hatred has embedded itself in our culture very deeply, even in places where it really ought not be. Very sad.

that's very dramatic. hatred isn't calling a black guy a nigger when the black guy can't hear it. hatred was the 60s, hosing down black protesters in the streets with hoses that can literally break the skin. that was hatred. it's a slap in the face of teh people who lived through hatred to call this kindergarten level "abuse" racism. biggest problem today is shit like you just said, drama. drama sells. calling everything racist or sexist or abuse or whatever the media runs with sells

what we got today is like everything else, VERY watered down version of a real issue. average black person in the SE usa lives their day to day life without racism affecting them at all. everyone needs to live in a shitty country a while so they know what real problems are. if you can get online and complain about your problems, your problems aren't as problematic as you think.

why do you think it's privileged little pussy ass suburban kids who have youtube accounts who are killing themselves and not the impoverished folks who have to work their shitty job just to avoid going hungry?

if anything, this country needs more real problems to satiate the hunger all these people above the poverty line who seem to crave on a daily basis. fuck, i guess you guys are all bored
    Last edited by fizzbob; 2012-11-10 at 12:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    I don't remember the exact number, but something on the order of 94% of blacks voted for Obama in 2008. But I'm sure that had nothing to do with racism, they just all agreed with his stance on issues. Yet somehow the ~60 of white males that DIDN'T vote for him chose not to because he was black. Riiiiiiiight.
    No, who says the 60% of whites that voted for Romney did it because he was black? They did it because Romney's policies fitted them better.

10+ Year Old Account
    ROFLMAO!! The only reason my state didn't get more racist tweets is because the older people don't know what tweeting is. XD

Deleted
    so racism is only when white on black amiright !??
    jeeezz america...

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    racism got obama elected. the blacks who voted for obama because he is half black are as bad as the whites who didn't vote for obama because he's half black
    You are half-right. Racism DID get Obama re-elected. Racism of his opponents. Black people didn't vote for Obama because he is "half-black", they voted for Obama because the alternative are racist bigots.

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-11-10 at 05:41 AM.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Well you have to take into account that the majority of the population in the nation lives in those areas. Hence most of the tweets are going to come from the east, south-east, California, Texas ect ect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    No, who says the 60% of whites that voted for Romney did it because he was black? They did it because Romney's policies fitted them better.
    There was less than a 5% difference between voting for Kerry and Obama. There was a greater jump in the Latino vote. In fact, unlike Obama, the only demographic Romney won, matched his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.1199402

Interesting. Also note they called him a monkey, since some people had no clue monkey can be used derogatorily towards a person whose black, appears black, or is mixed.
    Where is the map of all the black people who said they were going to loot, beat up white people, or say other things racially charged toward white people, before the election if Romney won?

Looks like someones doing some tweeting off the coast of Florida.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    You are half-right. Racism DID get Obama re-elected. Racism of his opponents. Black people didn't vote for Obama because he is "half-black", they voted for Obama because the alternative are racist bigots.
    Their crap only works if they focus on the black vote, ignore that every minority voted this way. Now, what would make one ignore that minorities vote for democrat and only focus on the black vote. A vote that saw less than a 5% shift...

Looked at former RNC in Micheal Steel and presidential hopeful Herman Cain. Why is it that Obama got the support, but the same could not be said for republicans of the same race? It might just be them...

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    so racism is only when white on black amiright !??
    jeeezz america...
    Yeah, didn't you get the memo?