Thread: Map of Racism

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    Where is the map of all the black people who said they were going to loot, beat up white people, or say other things racially charged toward white people, before the election if Romney won?
    Same old place they were in the first place, racist imagination.

You can almost taste the victim complexes.

I like how people are pointing towards black people voting for Obama as some kind of 'win' for their argument, newsflash; black people already voted mostly democrat anyway, I think there was like a 2% jump in black voters voting for Obama. It's not so much 'Oh hey he's the same colour as us' (which is a ridiculously moronic way to dismiss an entire demographic and pretty insulting) but more 'Oh hey, the Republican party is still rife with racism whereas the democrat party isn't and they seem to be looking out for us'

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    You are half-right. Racism DID get Obama re-elected. Racism of his opponents. Black people didn't vote for Obama because he is "half-black", they voted for Obama because the alternative are racist bigots.
    stop acting like EVERY ELECTION EVER wasn't about popularity of one thing or another. they're all as deep as the average HS elections

people vote for people they like. blacks who weren't into politics suddenly had "their guy" to like and vote for. this year whites who weren't into politics voted against him so "that nigger don't rurn the country"

polarization has been used in media forever. polarizing topics garner ESPN a SHITLOAD of money over the stuff most people like or most people dislike

there has to be some type of argument to draw attention. elections are polarizing now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    You can almost taste the victim complexes.

I like how people are pointing towards black people voting for Obama as some kind of 'win' for their argument, newsflash; black people already voted mostly democrat anyway, I think there was like a 2% jump in black voters voting for Obama. It's not so much 'Oh hey he's the same colour as us' (which is a ridiculously moronic way to dismiss an entire demographic and pretty insulting) but more 'Oh hey, the Republican party is still rife with racism whereas the democrat party isn't and they seem to be looking out for us'
    It's hard not to point at racism when peope blame the black vote. When Obama wins every minority demographic, with the largest jump being Latino voters. Yet, you ignore all of those minorities and pick on one that didn't even have a substantial jump. It should be easy to see, that minorities vote democrat, regardless of his race. Obama didn't just win his own demographic, he won all but the one Romney is.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    stop acting like EVERY ELECTION EVER wasn't about popularity of one thing or another. they're all as deep as the average HS elections

people vote for people they like. blacks who weren't into politics suddenly had "their guy" to like and vote for
    Sure, but maaaaybe Obama is popular because he isn't representing a party of white racist bigots? I think that had more to do with their votes than his actual race.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    It's hard not to point at racism when peope blame the black vote. When Obama wins every minority demographic, with the largest jump being Latino voters. Yet, you ignore all of those minorities and pick on one that didn't even have a substantial jump. It should be easy to see, that minorities vote democrat, regardless of his race. Obama didn't just win his own demographic, he won all but the one Romney is.
    Mmm, it's always amusing to see them grasp at straws to reshape reality though. 'It can't be because we don't appeal to minorities, it MUST be because black people suffer from group think and vote based on skin' and the fact that that's considered a socially acceptable opinion to hold by some is just mind boggling. If I was to insult white people's intelligence in the same way, the amount of people coming out of the woodworks to express the horrors that the poor(!) white man has to go through would probably be multiple pages-worth lol.

10+ Year Old Account

people vote for people they like. blacks who weren't into politics suddenly had "their guy" to like and vote for. this year whites who weren't into politics voted against him so "that nigger don't rurn the country"

polarization has been used in media forever. polarizing topics garner ESPN a SHITLOAD of money over the stuff most people like or most people dislike

there has to be some type of argument to draw attention. elections are polarizing now.
    But, if you look at the actual numbers, that's not what happened. There was no huge jump in African American vote over previous years of democrats. If this was all upto chance of people picking cute pictures, Nate Silver would not be able lend the predictions he did. The voting public is not as frivolous as people make them out to be. The poling shift after the first debate should have clearly shown that plenty of people pay attention. The only problem here, is people have troubles believing that the outcome is not of actual reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by trognar View Post
    Finally, someone who actually understands the full meaning of the word racism. Anyone who thinks that discrimination only goes one way is completely ignorant. Treating those of another race in a derogatory fashion is just as bad as giving them special treatment just because of past wrongs. Racism will contine to play a major role in society until people realize that fact and just treat each other as equals.
    Honestly, I think most people who voted for him didn't do it because he's black. They voted for him because they are sick and tired of the insanity coming from the right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Racism's protection lies within free speech and freedom of religion.

However, neither of these acts are allowed to have power, which is why people who try to exercise this (openly) are shut down.

You're allowed to have an opinion of someone (exercise rights), but you're not allowed to do anything about it (exercise power). So technically, if someone says something racist about someone, and that person gets penalized, it's technically unconstitutional. However, there are terms, agreements, and contracts in place in environments that are basically fencing for when you can't rely on the walls laws create. If you choose to engage in something (say, a forum) you enter an agreement and they have every right to penalize you if you break their rules. Just pretend it's a game (because it basically is) and if you want to play you have to play by the rules or risk not being able to play.

We just like to play favorites, and be hypocrites. Cynicism ftw I suppose.

(Not that I think Racism is Good, but to claim it's Bad you need to look at your own moral agenda before you criticize.)
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Mmm, it's always amusing to see them grasp at straws to reshape reality though. 'It can't be because we don't appeal to minorities, it MUST be because black people suffer from group think and vote based on skin' and the fact that that's considered a socially acceptable opinion to hold by some is just mind boggling. If I was to insult white people's intelligence in the same way, the amount of people coming out of the woodworks to express the horrors that the poor(!) white man has to go through would probably be multiple pages-worth lol.
    What should be a great example of that whole ideology, is how crap like 'I cannot believe no one is saying it' is usually the lead in. It's like yes, people often avoid saying things that make no sense.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 02:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Honestly, I think most people who voted for him didn't do it because he's black. They voted for him because they are sick and tired of the insanity coming from the right.
    Because if they did, Micheal Steele would still be the republican chairman and Herman Cain would just have lost to Obama. People don't just vote on race or else those two would have made it a lot farther. At some point, at looking at every demographic, you have to recognize it's not race but policy. What will make them look at policy and not race? Maybe if we started looking at policy, we wouldn't be as divided.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeseye0 View Post
    Racist?? Hahahaha... it's called looking out for your own self interests. What the hell does Mitt Romney offer African Americans??? It would be like a Jew voting for a nazi.
    No.

That would be comprable if Romney was actively calling for African Americans to be removed from social service positions and forbidden from owning businesses and the like until he could get around to killing them all.
    Saying Mitt Romney has nothing to offer any African Americans is to imply that all African Americans are the same with regards to where they live, economic status, education, etc etc.
    Implying that Mitt Romney is an enemy to African Americans because he is an enemy to the poor is also to imply that A)All African Americans are poor and B)All poor are African Americans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Racism's protection lies within free speech and freedom of religion.

However, neither of these acts are allowed to have power, which is why people who try to exercise this (openly) are shut down.

You're allowed to have an opinion of someone (exercise rights), but you're not allowed to do anything about it (exercise power). So technically, if someone says something racist about someone, and that person gets penalized, it's technically unconstitutional. However, there are terms, agreements, and contracts in place in environments that are basically fencing for when you can't rely on the walls laws create. If you choose to engage in something (say, a forum) you enter an agreement and they have every right to penalize you if you break their rules. Just pretend it's a game (because it basically is) and if you want to play you have to play by the rules or risk not being able to play.

We just like to play favorites, and be hypocrites. Cynicism ftw I suppose.

(Not that I think Racism is Good, but to claim it's Bad you need to look at your own moral agenda before you criticize.)
    That's the thing. I believe in absolute free speech, because the best reaction to ignorance is speech showing how ignorant it is. People should be allowed to say what they want, but don't cry me a river when your shit gets a reaction you don't like. That's the inherent punishment of free speech... The free speech responding...

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by rt7 View Post
    how come you didn't make a thread about all the pre-election death threats and riots against romney

hmmmm

[IMG ]http://static.prisonplanet.com/p/images/october2012/231012riot3.jpg[/IMG]

[img ]http://static.prisonplanet.com/p/images/october2012/231012riot5.jpg[/img]

just a few, actually was way more than that

And you can't find the same thing being said about Obama? I have 2 face books, one is for my very conservative Southern Baptist family and one for my friends. You should see what southerners are saying when only family can hear them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    No.

That would be comprable if Romney was actively calling for African Americans to be removed from social service positions and forbidden from owning businesses and the like until he could get around to killing them all.
    Saying Mitt Romney has nothing to offer any African Americans is to imply that all African Americans are the same with regards to where they live, economic status, education, etc etc.
    Implying that Mitt Romney is an enemy to African Americans because he is an enemy to the poor is also to imply that A)All African Americans are poor and B)All poor are African Americans.
    It doesn't have to be like that. All you can relate on, is the look you get when you go into a store. Share the same experience of people assuming your vote depends on race. Have the same experience of being the only kid who looked like you in class. There is a lot more to assume as having in common than just social status and wealth.

It's a lot easier to assume someone of your race has gone through your experience and it has nothing to do with socio economic status. I do not fit most stereo types of my minority, but regardless I would find kinship with those who were the same. But, that does not mean everything I do is a result of it. I never eat gifilta fish and will never vote for Liberman.
    Last edited by Felya; 2012-11-10 at 02:59 AM.

It doesn't have to be like that. All you can relate on, is the look you get when you go into a store. Share the same experience of people assuming your vote depends on race. Have the same experience of being the only kid who looked like you in class. There is a lot more to assume as having in common than just social status and wealth.
    I'm not...sure... what?
    I was saying that an African American voting for Romney is not equivalent to a Jew voting for the Nazi party, and saying that Mitt Romney has nothing to offer any African American anywhere is not a sound claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    No, who says the 60% of whites that voted for Romney did it because he was black? They did it because Romney's policies fitted them better.

I LOL'd sorry, really, what policies? He wants more money so he wants to lower tax on the richest Americans, and remove any restrictions for large businesses.

Oh are you talking the double talk and lies he would say to different groups to get them to vote for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I'm fairly sure you're correct.

What should be a great example of that whole ideology, is how crap like 'I cannot believe no one is saying it' is usually the lead in. It's like yes, people often avoid saying things that make no sense.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 02:45 AM ----------

Because if they did, Micheal Steele would still be the republican chairman and Herman Cain would just have lost to Obama. People don't just vote on race or else those two would have made it a lot farther. At some point, at looking at every demographic, you have to recognize it's not race but policy. What will make them look at policy and not race? Maybe if we started looking at policy, we wouldn't be as divided.
    herman cain got hit with sexual harassment charges, i wish you'd stop using him as an example. he lost the popularity contest early on because he was a piece of garbage

10+ Year Old Account
    herman cain got hit with sexual harassment charges, i wish you'd stop using him as an example. he lost the popularity contest early on because he was a piece of garbage
    Was he ever leading with the same numbers as Obama? How is the minority numbers for republican party registration? At least no comment about Steele...

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 03:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    I'm not...sure... what?
    I was saying that an African American voting for Romney is not equivalent to a Jew voting for the Nazi party, and saying that Mitt Romney has nothing to offer any African American anywhere is not a sound claim.
    Yeah, my bad. I misread something and went off on a tangent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    so racism is only when white on black amiright !??
    jeeezz america...
    Well technically yes, however with very few exceptions 'Blacks' could care less what your skin color is.

I'll use an example that we can all relate to.

Street gangs revolve around drugs, racketeering, and prostitution. Membership in these groups starts young and is usually based on where you live and go to school. Because of this 'Black' gangs will have both Hispanic and Caucasian members, the same is true with Chicano gangs which often have White and African-American members. Meanwhile the White Street Gangs usually recruit by common interests and seldom are based on location and schools. It is highly uncommon for white street gangs to have any 'colored' members, occasionally a Hispanic might join but for the most part they are all Caucasian as a rule.