Thread: Map of Racism

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Was he ever leading with the same numbers as Obama? How is the minority numbers for republican party registration? At least no comment about Steele...
    obama likes basketball. he's a chicago native who was going to bulls games before he was a presidential candidate. obama's strength is his ability to relate to black people without actually being ANYTHING like them. i'm more like the average black guy than obama. politicians aren't normal people, aren't like normal people and are only like other politicians

obama's people made him appeal to folks who hadn't typically been voting. blacks of any blackground weren't all about some bush or kerry. a lot of the ones who voted for obama didn't vote before, didn't WANT to vote.

why didn't other black candidates end up in office? because obama related to blacks better than they did, it's that simple

and stop saying blacks didn't vote for obama, he got 95% of the vote in 2008 http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/09/opinio...ote/index.html

every black person who voted for obama because he was black = every white person who voted for romney because obama was black
    it blows my mind how people pretend to be what their claimed political affiliation says they are, even though they aren't. these people are normal, everyday people 3.75 years then for 4 months before the election they suddenly care about issues and pick a side in an imaginary war

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 09:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Well technically yes, however with very few exceptions 'Blacks' could care less what your skin color is.

I'll use an example that we can all relate to.

Street gangs revolve around drugs, racketeering, and prostitution. Membership in these groups starts young and is usually based on where you live and go to school. Because of this 'Black' gangs will have both Hispanic and Caucasian members, the same is true with Chicano gangs which often have White and African-American members. Meanwhile the White Street Gangs usually recruit by common interests and seldom are based on location and schools. It is highly uncommon for white street gangs to have any 'colored' members, occasionally a Hispanic might join but for the most part they are all Caucasian as a rule.
    blacks care as much as whites. neither really cares a whole lot. media makes you think that a black person in the SE USA is under constant pressure to gtfo and it hasn't been that way in 40 years

it's most socially acceptable to discriminate against whites though.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    blacks of any blackground.
    Really hoping this is a typo.

But you're missing the point that many people are making; Black people already voted democrat almost exclusively anyway, I remember seeing a figure stating that 2% more black people had voted for Obama than they did for Kerry, although Feyla above stated 5% so I'd go with that since I can't find the scource for my 2%

extremely interesting and combine this with Shelby county vs Holder and it is pretty damn clear that we havnt gotten hardly anywhere with racial issues in certain areas of USA in the last 60 years. Lawrence Wilkerson said it perfectly just a few days before the election

""My party, unfortunately, is the bastion of those people -- not all of them, but most of them -- who are still basing their positions on race. Let me just be candid: My party is full of racists, and the real reason a considerable portion of my party wants President Obama out of the White House has nothing to do with the content of his character, nothing to do with his competence as commander-in-chief and president, and everything to do with the color of his skin, and that's despicable. ""

That is the words of Retired Army Col. Lawrence Wilkerson. Colin Powell's former chief of staff. We put this map into picture with the riots at ole miss and we can see we have basically the same actions taking place today as we have 50 years ago before MLK paid the ultimate price for civil rights. Racism is as strong today as it have ever been sad but true.

Do you know what I love about the West? (excluding California)

Anytime there is a U.S. map showing any type of activity involving cities or technology, there's always this large, empty dark spot in the western part of the United States.

The West seems like a great place to live. I might have to make it a goal to move there someday.

Oh, not more of this nonsense.

There were Tweets being sent by people who were mainly black threatening to kill Mitt Romney or riot if he were elected.

Moreover, more than 90% of black people voted for Obama. Out of any other demographic, black people overwhelmingly voted for Obama.

Let's not forgot that black people are also capable of racism. All things being equal...

10+ Year Old Account
    obama likes basketball. he's a chicago native who was going to bulls games before he was a presidential candidate. obama's strength is his ability to relate to black people without actually being ANYTHING like them. i'm more like the average black guy than obama. politicians aren't normal people, aren't like normal people and are only like other politicians
    This is only true if you define black, not by the color of skin, but stereo types. No mater how much you will act to your black stereo type, you will never be closer to a back person than Obama.

obama's people made him appeal to folks who hadn't typically been voting. blacks of any blackground weren't all about some bush or kerry. a lot of the ones who voted for obama didn't vote before, didn't WANT to vote.
    This is bullshit, there was a 2% increase!

why didn't other black candidates end up in office? because obama related to blacks better than they did, it's that simple
    Are you now saying that Obama was better than any alternative, yet think his vote is just race? If he is better than any republican that is black, it either means Obama is very good or republicans inherently have a smaller minority vote.

and stop saying blacks didn't vote for obama, he got 95% of the vote in 2008
    I can't stop saying what I never said. Why don't you quote me saying it? This is more bullshit, that's easily disputed.

blacks care as much as whites. neither really cares a whole lot. media makes you think that a black person in the SE USA is under constant pressure to gtfo and it hasn't been that way in 40 years

The fact that you think it's discrimination of race and not policy is the problem here.
    Last edited by Felya; 2012-11-10 at 03:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    So I take it you are black in Mississippi? Back your words up with facts.

Here are my facts from the US Census.
    http://www.census.gov/compendia/stat...es/12s0322.pdf

of the known incidents. 2284 against people for being black, and 545 against people for being white.

Most of the self-proclaimed "racists" probably still listen to Lil' Wayne or cheer for football teams that consist of mostly-black players. It's simply ridiculous and hypocritical to the extreme.

They can voice their distaste all they want. We will still have a colored man in the office for the next 4 years.

I can't help but laugh at how much that must sting people who are racist.

<snip>
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-11-10 at 05:27 AM.

Honestly, I think most people who voted for him didn't do it because he's black. They voted for him because they are sick and tired of the insanity coming from the right.

And to validate this claim we can see people like Allen West, Herman Cain, Justice Thomas they will not get a lot of black votes since they are black. the color doesnt matter it is all the policy that matters. Denial is the case when you think black only votes for black and that was the reason you lost.

It wasnt, the reason you lost was when a question like did the rape guy win? and your follow up is which one of them. when we just talk about one party's nominated candidate for US senate. THAT is a major reason why you lost the election folks do NOT want that policy on the books where rape is considered god intended this pregnancy. The insanity from the far right is what turned voters away enmasse. And of course the extremists will have a hard time grasping the fact that there view of middle of the road have been soundly rejected by the people

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by anthemm View Post
    Moreover, more than 90% of black people voted for Obama.
    94% of black people voted for Clinton, he was white. Why did he get more black voters than Obama?

Does this surprise anyone? And if so may I ask why? More people in the south are racist than people in the north? How could that possibly surprise anyone? I'd have been STUNNED if it were the other way around, or even if it were equal. Remember that time in school we learned that the south basically fought a war against the north to keep slavery active? Yes I know that slavery isn't the only reason the civil war was fought, but it was a DAMN big reason. I know this was a LONG time ago but these "values" often get passed down generation to generation.

Not to mention as some people are pointing out, the sample size of this isn't enough to draw a conclusion from.

Also...you see those 5 red blips in Northeastern Ohio? 3 of those are mine! JK JK =D

Oh are you talking the double talk and lies he would say to different groups to get them to vote for him?
    Do you really think any politician today is different? I voted against Obama just because he went out of his way to make a promise to the American people that things would be better in three years or he wouldn't run for re-election, then started giving excuses for why he wasn't able to fulfill it. Maybe it's just because I'm naive enough to believe that a promise means something and shouldn't be made lightly as political posturing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Isn't that just the sweetest revenge.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    And to validate this claim we can see people like Allen West, Herman Cain, Justice Thomas they will not get a lot of black votes since they are black. the color doesnt matter it is all the policy that matters. Denial is the case when you think black only votes for black and that was the reason you lost.

It wasnt, the reason you lost was when a question like did the rape guy win? and your follow up is which one of them. when we just talk about one party's nominated candidate for US senate. THAT is a major reason why you lost the election folks do NOT want that policy on the books where rape is considered god intended this pregnancy. The insanity from the far right is what turned voters away enmasse. And of course the extremists will have a hard time grasping the fact that there view of middle of the road have been soundly rejected by the people
    95% of black voters in 2008 voted obama, black women voted for obama at a higher clip than any group in history voted for anything (99.9%).

when campaigning, being liked is priority #1 because nothing matters more, not your policy, past, whatever

10+ Year Old Account
    woot Norh Dakota is more racist than South Carolina =P

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 12:12 AM ----------

94% of black people voted for Clinton, he was white. Why did he get more black voters than Obama?
    well in that election it was white guy vs white guy..... if there was an election with a black nominee you could use that as an example
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

So I take it you are black in Mississippi? Back your words up with facts.

Here are my facts from the US Census.
    http://www.census.gov/compendia/stat...es/12s0322.pdf

of the known incidents. 2284 against people for being black, and 545 against people for being white.
    that has nothing to do with what i said, that's about hate crimes. i'm talking about how there are scholarships for people who AREN'T white, how affirmative action helps everyone BUT white jobseekers, how black farmers get help from the black only farmer's group AND the same one that helps white farmers, how there is a BLACK TELEVISION NETWORK but a white one would be racist

exclusively black = ok
    exclusively white = archaic, slavery, hate crime, whatever

it's ok to be racist against us white folks. that's why i'm a white guy or a caucasian and not a german american.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 11:17 PM ----------

Most of the self-proclaimed "racists" probably still listen to Lil' Wayne or cheer for football teams that consist of mostly-black players. It's simply ridiculous and hypocritical to the extreme.

They can voice their distaste all they want. We will still have a colored man in the office for the next 4 years.

and that goes back to what i'm saying, people aren't REALLY racist these days, that's why the average black person's worst fear is to deal with someone calling them "the n word" and not being dragged to death behind a pickup

i'd say gay people have it worse than any race right now. from what i've seen in the south, being gay is reason enough to get the hell beat out of you and never seen a black, white, mexican, whatever get beat up for being what they were

2 guys kissing would stop traffic and while people may mutter some bullshit under their breath when a black guy is kissing a white girl, it's not a huge deal

think ABC did a thing on this, 2 men kissing in public in b'ham alabama drew more negative attention (and a visit from the cops even) than 2 women or interracial couples

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 11:19 PM ----------

Do you know what I love about the West? (excluding California)

Anytime there is a U.S. map showing any type of activity involving cities or technology, there's always this large, empty dark spot in the western part of the United States.

The West seems like a great place to live. I might have to make it a goal to move there someday.
    arizona is a haven for white supremacists, latinos get stopped and have to show their ID because they look latino. the whites love it, the rest don't.

but the media is east-centric and has always been that way

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    one of the wonderful things about being white is that every white racist in the world seems to think you agree with them. therefore you get to here about every racial view, unedited, as though you are a kindred soul. i can tell you, without question, the term "monkey" is a favorite for those clowns, right after the "N" word
    That doesn't necessarily mean that calling Obama a monkey is racist.

It can be but it is not always so.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Really hoping this is a typo.

But you're missing the point that many people are making; Black people already voted democrat almost exclusively anyway, I remember seeing a figure stating that 2% more black people had voted for Obama than they did for Kerry, although Feyla above stated 5% so I'd go with that since I can't find the scource for my 2%
    I think another interesting statistic involving votes is that the republicans went from getting 5% of the black vote to less than 1%. You can't really explain that with racism given it was Obama running both times.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2012-11-10 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    That doesn't necessarily mean that calling Obama a monkey is racist.

It can be but it is not always so.
    he kind of looks like a monkey (think bush did more) but it's a main go-to term for racists to use against anyone who is remotely black

in the 80s it was porch monkey and now it's just monkey

he kind of looks like a monkey (think bush did more) but it's a main go-to term for racists to use against anyone who is remotely black

in the 80s it was porch monkey and now it's just monkey
    Ok, that still doesn't mean that calling him a monkey is inherently racist.

also, I'm curious -- would a black person using the n-word in a positive manner count as a racist tweet just because it used the n-word or is the intent taken into account?
    Their is no positive manner not to mention black people who use the N word are generally the same ones who are deserving of such a foul title themselves.

Of course at the end of the day it is still just a word but I think if were going to punish people for saying it we need to punish them all and quit being selective about it.
    Last edited by skrump; 2012-11-10 at 05:26 AM.