Thread: Map of Racism

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Obama:monkey comparison = racist

Bush:monkey comparison, photos = funny

Good to see we're being progressive about equality in this country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Glad to see you followed suit.
    Changed the framework from you proving your statement to me proving your statement about myself. lol, come up with something new.

I'm off to work. Keep being what you despise. A bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post

They're not even in the same league.

Continued historical insult towards an entire group vs. the same insult towards one...single....white president.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 09:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    Changed the framework from you proving your statement to me proving your statement about myself. lol, come up with something new.

I'm off to work. Keep being what you despise. A bigot.
    Sorry that I preemptively quashed the tactic that you were going to use. But "see ya"! Don't forget to clean the sand out of your ears before you punch-in for the day.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2012-11-10 at 02:08 PM.

The reasoning behind the two very different jokes were....different.

Obama monkey jokes were made from a racist point of view.

Bush monkey jokes were made because he acted retarded in the public eye.

There is a key difference, one is racist and one is clearly not. If you cannot see that then you are in denial.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I call Bullsh!t... my friends and I refer to each other as "nigga's", "porch monkeys", "fags" and the like all the time. It doesn't mean anything without connotation. Saying it's racist or hate speech in a vacuum is just asinine.
    and you're from the "deep south" according to your location....

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 09:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    racism got obama elected. the blacks who voted for obama because he is half black are as bad as the whites who didn't vote for obama because he's half black

in the SE racism isn't really a big issue, it's all behind the back stuff, racism isn't accepted out in the open. i'm around white rednecks every day, you'll hear some racist shit on a regular basis, the word nigger is common, when a black person is around, that stuff isn't said or even insinuated. they don't REALLY have a problem with black people or mexicans, they are just raised to say stuff like they do

it's not REALLY racism, it's more like talking behind someone's back and the black folks will do it too although i'll hear less of it since i'm white and they're not gonna come out and talk shit about white people in front of white people. had a black friend who would tell me what was said and i'd tell her what the white folks said that day, it was funny. same with mexicans, the shit they write in the port-a-johns aren't how they react to you in person

people just don't REALLY care, but they feel pressured while growing up to pretend they do.

it's a slap in the face of every black person who got hosed down in alabama during the 60s to call today's dickheaded attitudes 'racism'
    ah yes 12% of the nation is the reason obama is president at all. no whites no hispanics no asians voted for him, just the 12% blacks.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 09:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    People that support things like BET and black history month are just as racist as people that call Obama a monkey.

And people that voted for Obama because of his skin color are just as racist as people that didn't vote for him because of his skin color.
    Goes both ways.
    Black people who got annoyed at not seeing their community represented and thus wanted to create a channel for an artistic outlet when other stations were not playing things that are part of their culture, are just as racist as people calling blacks niggers and monkies, Oh yes that's some great logic there buddy.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 09:18 AM ----------

i'm from teh SE, i have heard the word colored to describe black people more in this thread.

they're far more fucking "colored" than african-american though, but just like hillbillies use colored as a proper term, a lot of americans who think they're hot shit and above the human disease will say african-american like that is better

both are stupid, but i guarantee that calling them what they are, NEGROIDS, will make you look racist so what do you do?

if i call a black guy down here a black guy, he will not care. i don't care that i'm a white guy. the people in the SE care about racism less than everyone else. it's just not a huge deal. all you people on the outside looking in are why it's in the media.
    You'd first have to assume all blacks are negroids, which they aren't... You have mongoloid looking whites (Bjork) and Caucasoid looking blacks (horn of africa)

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 09:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rt7 View Post
    are you blind, they are death threats

I bet none of those people had any police action taken against them either

obama voters get a free pass
    Death threats because he's an idiot. I don't see "Romney!! Time to kill that cracker bitch!" Give me a threat like that and I will say, that displays racism.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 09:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bavol View Post
    A few thoughts on this...

1) I immediately LOL'D when I saw the greyed out states (Montana, etc)! Do they even have electricity there yet?

2) I live in AL and am apt tell anyone who will listen to me (very few people + my cat), "Don't believe the lies! Racism is still prevalent in the South!".

3) I was just listening to a podcast where someone was saying how once you leave Portland, Oregon, there's an alarming amount of racism in the rest of the state. Neo-nazis, white supremacists, etc. I don't imagine they would be very techno-savvy, though. Or at least I hope not. /shudder
    They mentioned in the story that some states have far far fewer twitter users.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 09:22 AM ----------

then you know that huntsville was voted "best place to raise a black family" by a magazine a few years ago. leave alabama, racism is the same there as everywhere. it's verbal, it's rarely directed at anyone who can hear it and it's a non-issue in day to day life
    Not so sure that racism is the same there as say... New York City. My friend lives in the south and there are oodles of racist including her family.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    ah yes 12% of the nation is the reason obama is president at all. no whites no hispanics no asians voted for him, just the 12% blacks.
    Gotta love his logic eh? :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    I'd like to see that same map adjusted for population density.
    More importantly average level of education..
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    More importantly average level of education..
    I love your avatar pic.

Obama - Half black appears mostly black
    Bush - White has features similar to a monkey, not to mention how the world saw him...like a dumb chimp.

Monkey - An animal a term used towards blacks by racist people to say they are lacking intelligence and animalistic, like a monkey. Are you just willfully naive?

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 09:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    You do realize that many would-be hate crimes against whites are rarely charged as such. It's become a pathetically, politically charged affair.
    What type of hate crimes? You say "many" and don't even say what type.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 09:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gothicshark View Post
    94% of black people voted for clinton, he was white. Why did he get more black voters than obama?
    i love this.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 09:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    means everyones racist and they wouldnt have done a little twitter spying looking for racist comments on white people if Romney had won...

only whites can be racist these days, even though most statistics show that more hate crimes are commited by blacks against whites than whites against blacks.
    Horse shit... no one says only white can be racist, that's just the view of usually white people who probably believe minorities have no sense of empathy.

Also as someone said 94% of blacks voted for Clinton, so if it's all about race, why did Clinton get more black votes than well... the half black guy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post
    Whenever I hear people use this defense it always makes me think of Louis C.K.

I don't understand how people can fail to make the distinction. You have the IMMENSE privilege of being white. It benefits you in ways you can't possibly fathom without walking in someone else's shoes. Let's be clear here: everyone is racist. Stereotyping others on a variety of factors is built into our very core. We don't get a full psychological profile on every stranger that walks up to us on the street: we use the data we have at hand to prejudge people. It's not a good thing, but we're all guilty of it at some point and the best we can do is try to evolve to judge on better standards than simply the color of a person's skin.

However, minorities, and especially African Americans, suffer from those stereotypes far more than white people. In the eyes of most, black people are guilty until proven innocent. It is the very first standard they are judged by, even by people who consider themselves "progressive." People wonder why black folks stay in their dilapidated communities when Jim Crow racism is a thing of the past. And most will tell you that they simply can't stand being in an environment where they are outnumbered. You know, to constantly have that feeling of being an "other."

Hey, white folks can get that too if they step foot into a minority neighborhood. The difference? It's not 90% of the damned country! So yes, white people, you do have to put in that little bit of extra effort to not be racist. I know it's such a terrible burden. But with great power comes with great responsibility.
    So you admit that race is grounds to treat people differently and to judge people by different standards? White people have a responsibility to be "less" racist? Does that mean it is fine for black people to be a little bit "more" racist? But wait, I thought racism was the very thing you were fighting?

Fucking idiotic hypocrisy. People who use the line of reasoning that you have shamelessly dismissed with ridicule have one thing over you, and that is that they stand for the principle of equality, whereas you are on nothing but a crusade.
    "The truth, my goal."

People who lash out with words will sometimes use whatever words it will take to be most effective at offending the other.

Doesn't mean that the person is a sexist, or racist no, just mad, angry and vengeful.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    I think allot of the racist comments are coming out because so many people of color, only voted for Obama because he was black. They cared very little about what he wanted for the country or what he had did for it (negative and positive).
    Are you going to ignore the fact that 94% of blacks voted for Clinton? More than those that voted for Obama. Are you going to ignore the fact MOST BLACKS ARE DEMOCRAT AND WILL BE VOTING FOR A DEMOCRAT CANDIDATE?! Are you going to ignore the fact that minorities do not feel very comfortable in the Republican party and end up being with Democrats MOST of the time? Jeez people.

You have to ignore a shit ton of stuff to say tons of blacks voted for Obama because he's half black, not because most blacks are Democrats, not because the Republican party isn't exactly the most open but the Democrats are. It has nothing to do with politics just skin color. I mean there were also lots of white people that vote for Romney BECAUSE Obama's BLACK.
    Last edited by Themius; 2012-11-10 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Are you going to ignore the fact that 94% of blacks voted for Clinton? More than those that voted for Obama. Are you going to ignore the fact MOST BLACKS ARE DEMOCRAT AND WILL BE VOTING FOR A DEMOCRAT CANDIDATE?! Are you going to ignore the fact that minorities do not feel very comfortable in the Republican party and end up being with Democrats MOST of the time? Jeez people.

You have to ignore a shit ton of stuff to say tons of blacks voted for Obama because he's half black, not because most blacks are Democrats, not because the Republican party isn't exactly the most open but the Democrats are. It has nothing to do with politics just skin color. I mean there were also lots of white people that vote for Romney BECAUSE Obama's BLACK.
    You know - most of my black friends actually have some fairly conservative views on life, they've just been trained to think that they have to vote democrat. Too bad the democratic party treats minorities like they're ignorant children incapable of thinking and acting for themselves. The black community votes democrat because the two of the foremost racists in the country (Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson) along with the NAACP have succeeding in embedding this insane victim mentality into their culture. To them - every problem, every issue and every affliction that hits the black community is because of racism; they have absolutely devoted their lives to this idea and have spent an entire generation telling people that.

For them that might be true - when they advocate giving black students extra points in college admissions solely based on their skin color I have no other way to describe that than "racist." If you want to base it on economic circumstances I think you can make a case for that, but situations in which you award people based solely on their skin color and nothing else is now fully the domain of organizations like the NAACP and the democratic party. The problem really is the older generations - people like Al Sharpton don't know how to survive without racism while my generation no longer really cares that much about it. I'm not saying it isn't there - just wildly overstated by those who want to exploit it.

Here's a shocker for you - I'm a republican and I'm not a racist...99% of us aren't either. Most democrats would like to believe that's the case either because its what they've been told their whole life or it serves their interest; but its just not true. I don't oppose 'social justice' programs because I have a racist vendetta against the black community; I oppose them because I think its dangerous to create an entire class of people who are entirely dependent on government for their livelihood. I think the country is better off as a whole when people are in control of their own destinies and lives, self-reliant and free from government telling them how to live or what to think.

So the philosophical argument I make is essentially "give a man a fish, he eats for a day....teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime." Government is the one that gives the handout, makes the individual owe something to the government and thus wields power over that person in a viscous cycle (the democratic party is doing this with the black community - lets call that a form of slavery). As a republican I advocate personal responsibility - teaching people to rely on themselves - not government programs...that's REAL freedom...but democrats seem to be afraid of this idea, probably because it undermines their whole claim to power.

Quote Originally Posted by Damdwarf View Post
    I hate Romney just as much as Obama, but i hate Obama a little bit more cause he is black. I am racist against some black people, but not all of them (I got some black friends on my own), just the ones that sag their pants and act like gangsters wannabes. Those are the ones i hate even more, but since Obama is the president, they are even worse now. -My opinion!
    But Obama doesnt sag his pants, at least not that ive seen..

Yep poor people are just like animals, great job there titan.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 11:01 PM ----------

You know - most of my black friends actually have some fairly conservative views on life, they've just been trained to think that they have to vote democrat. Too bad the democratic party treats minorities like they're ignorant children incapable of thinking and acting for themselves.
    Also the irony here is pretty thick.

I'm guessing this doesn't count racist blacks who expressed happiness at continuing to have a black president.

Still not seeing how its bad to be happy we finally elected a minority for president.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Still not seeing how its bad to be happy we finally elected a minority for president.
    If you consider race to be relevant to the office of a presidency you're a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by titan972 View Post
    Here's a shocker for you - I'm a republican and I'm not a racist...99% of us aren't either. Most democrats would like to believe that's the case either because its what they've been told their whole life or it serves their interest; but its just not true. I don't oppose 'social justice' programs because I have a racist vendetta against the black community; I oppose them because I think its dangerous to create an entire class of people who are entirely dependent on government for their livelihood. I think the country is better off as a whole when people are in control of their own destinies and lives, self-reliant and free from government telling them how to live or what to think.

So the philosophical argument I make is essentially "give a man a fish, he eats for a day....teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime." Government is the one that gives the handout, makes the individual owe something to the government and thus wields power over that person in a viscous cycle (the democratic party is doing this with the black community - lets call that a form of slavery). As a republican I advocate personal responsibility - teaching people to rely on themselves - not government programs...that's REAL freedom...but democrats seem to be afraid of this idea, probably because it undermines their whole claim to power.
    I love how conservatives make damn sure to hide behind the handy slogan of "personal responsibility" (because apparently that's a trait unique to them and no one else), because it's socially unacceptable and politically suicidal to blatantly admit that they have an obvious racist vendetta against the black community. As that would instantly discredit them in the eyes of most. The problem is that they damn near never make ANY legitimate attempts reach out to them. And when they do, they can't seem to do it without putting their foot in their mouth and coming off as social retards, because they're always ignorant/bigoted/condescending in their approach. Which always has the appropriate result, and causes conservatives to play the "misunderstood victim card", while making all sorts of "those poor enslaved Negroes" claims. A favorite comparison of theirs and is a claim that usually follows their ironic faux concern over liberals treating blacks like mindless children. Which has been their game play for decades, and leaves me to believe that conservatives are really just talking out of their asses, when it comes to "wanting to appeal to the majority of blacks. And recently Hispanics.

Because, let's be honest. Conservatives have failed miserably to make progress with securing the black vote for HOW many decades? Yeah, that's not the the fault of blacks. It has more to do with conservatives being crappy salesman. If I'm a salesman, I don't blame potential clients if I fail (continuously) to seal the deal with my proposals. It's the conservative party who needs obvious work. But instead of admitting and honestly attempting to correct this, the majority of your party (unlike a tiny and insignificant few who will soon be labeled as RINOs), just claims that "them blakz just don't want to understand!" The fact that conservatives could never even appeal to ultra religious blacks, who are the most conservative ones by far, shows just how off-base conservatives and their message are. Case in point to all of this....?

Exhibit A....

You know - most of my black friends actually have some fairly conservative views on life, they've just been trained to think that they have to vote democrat. Too bad the democratic party treats minorities like they're ignorant children incapable of thinking and acting for themselves. The black community votes democrat because the two of the foremost racists in the country (Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson) along with the NAACP have succeeding in embedding this insane victim mentality into their culture. To them - every problem, every issue and every affliction that hits the black community is because of racism; they have absolutely devoted their lives to this idea and have spent an entire generation telling people that.

The problem really is the older generations - people like Al Sharpton don't know how to survive without racism while my generation no longer really cares that much about it. I'm not saying it isn't there - just wildly overstated by those who want to exploit it.
    Oh, and...

Linking a picture of two quotes from an organization, that ignore important context, that show how you think that Food Stamp users are animals isn't a smart way to gain support with those you seek to align yourself with. This is exactly what I mean about conservatives being socially retarded. This is why you lose elections, and this is why your party is becoming increasingly irrelevant.
    Last edited by Booshman; 2012-11-10 at 11:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    that has nothing to do with what i said, that's about hate crimes. i'm talking about how there are scholarships for people who AREN'T white, how affirmative action helps everyone BUT white jobseekers, how black farmers get help from the black only farmer's group AND the same one that helps white farmers, how there is a BLACK TELEVISION NETWORK but a white one would be racist

exclusively black = ok
    exclusively white = archaic, slavery, hate crime, whatever

it's ok to be racist against us white folks. that's why i'm a white guy or a caucasian and not a german american.

I'm of German ancestry, and quite proud of it.

Many of your complaints are a caused from a lack of knowledge.

I'll start with some facts.

From the US Census:
    Ethnicity % of total population % with a 4 year degree
    White only 63.4 29.3
    Black 13.1 17.7
    Native persons 1.2 13
    Hispanic or Latino Origin 16.7 13

So why are you complaining about a special interest group trying to equalize education?

On to entertainment, BET the dreadful Black Entertainment Television Network, which mainly focuses of Blues, R&B, and Rap. Three types of music I do not enjoy, however all three are very clearly Black, the Network is not about excluding other races but is about focusing on one thing.

Mean while what is White music?
    Classical, American patriotic music, Vaudeville, European Folk Music, and Show-tunes. Would you watch a network devoted to this?

Now here is where you'll get upset especially because it is true. Types of music from America which are a Mix of black and white cultural influences. Country, Rock, Punk, All Modern music. Why, How? Lets look at the Black music types, all of which can be found natively in Africa.

Gospel, Blues, Rhythm, Rap. Gospel is just the religious version of R&B. European Music forms were focused on melody while African music focuses on Rhythm. Country music and American Folk music combined African Rhythm with European Melody. the modern music forms did this as well. What always makes me laugh is Neo-Nazi skin-heads, the type of music they listen to came from Jamaican music. Ska - was the British revision of Reggae the first people to use the Skin Head look and name were Jamaican teenagers in the UK during the 60's, the music they made became the basis for British Punk Rock. and the shaved heads, Doc Martins, and suspenders was from Ska. ... sorry Music history is fun.

Point is a White Entertainment network is redundant and boring. We already have a long list of networks which qualify.

p.s. here is an old picture of a couple of early skinheads.