Thread: Map of Racism

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
  1. #261
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Going to make a quick reply, honestly the John Lenon guy caused me to get 8 points, which I am going to fight.








    You realise the we don't convert people to Judaism, you have to be born one, sure if a goya wants to marry a Jew we have a way for them to join. but it is really hard and generally it never happenes.



    I know Jews don't convert people to Judaism, Jews don't even have to follow the religion to be Jews. I've lived in New(Jew) York City for most my life so I have been around and know quite a few Jews, some Hasidic, some Christian, some Agnostic.

    I was saying that Jewish refers both to those that are Jewish by being born to a Jewish mother, and those that happen to be part of Judaism.

  2. #262
    The Insane Cattaclysmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Århus
    Posts
    17,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I know Jews don't convert people to Judaism, Jews don't even have to follow the religion to be Jews. I've lived in New(Jew) York City for most my life so I have been around and know quite a few Jews, some Hasidic, some Christian, some Agnostic.

    I was saying that Jewish refers both to those that are Jewish by being born to a Jewish mother, and those that happen to be part of Judaism.
    But the whole thing about "secular jews" probably stems from the fact that the religion and ethnicity was mixed up in the first place.

  3. #263
    Scarab Lord Gothicshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Boretom leats to apadhy, apadhy leats do lazy, ant lazy leats do obesidy.
    Posts
    4,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I know Jews don't convert people to Judaism, Jews don't even have to follow the religion to be Jews. I've lived in New(Jew) York City for most my life so I have been around and know quite a few Jews, some Hasidic, some Christian, some Agnostic.

    I was saying that Jewish refers both to those that are Jewish by being born to a Jewish mother, and those that happen to be part of Judaism.
    My mother converted to Born Again when she married my father, I was raised Southern Baptist. I didn't even know I was Jewish until I was 11 when I got in a fight at school with my best friend at the time who was a practicing Jew, during the fight I called him a "F****ng Jew" which got me suspended. That was a very strange moment in time when you mother and father tell you ohh your mom's a Jew so technically so are you. When I was a kid I had sandy blonde hair and green hazel eyes. I had no clue I was part Jewish, sure my mother had a tan, and brown hair. But I never thought it was anything else but a tan.

  4. #264
    Titan Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    13,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    My mother converted to Born Again when she married my father, I was raised Southern Baptist. I didn't even know I was Jewish until I was 11 when I got in a fight at school with my best friend at the time who was a practicing Jew, during the fight I called him a "F****ng Jew" which got me suspended. That was a very strange moment in time when you mother and father tell you ohh your mom's a Jew so technically so are you. When I was a kid I had sandy blonde hair and green hazel eyes. I had no clue I was part Jewish, sure my mother had a tan, and brown hair. But I never thought it was anything else but a tan.
    Your view of your mother is similar to mine of my grandfather. He is Indian but very dark skinned. I just thought he was black (I haven't seen him but a few times since we live so far apart) sure he lived in an Indian neighborhood and cooked and ate Indian food, I never took much notice of it.

  5. #265
    Hilarious that so many of those dots are on Louisville Kentucky when I lived there I though of it as the most liberal southern city I have ever lived in out of Atlanta, Nashville, Huntsville and Tampa.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    You realise the we don't convert people to Judaism, you have to be born one, sure if a goya wants to marry a Jew we have a way for them to join. but it is really hard and generally it never happenes.
    Actually, while much harder than converting to Islam (Which is the easiest religion to convert into imo) or Christianity, converting to Judaism is quite a lengthy process. It requires a lot of studying and many tests given by rabbis. But converts exist. And not only those who married a gentile. There are, for example, people who have a jewish father and a gentile mother, and therefore aren't considered Jewish by Jewish law, so many choose to convert.

  7. #267
    Titan Kalyyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    11,293
    I'd like to point out that Indiana was on the same level as California and all of the Northeast.

    Just sayin'.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •