Deleted

Want to buy a new PC

Hello,

I want to make my own desktop PC.

My budget is 1000 US D / 800€ without the taxes (Vat)

I will need to built it from scratch (buy a monitor as well)

I mostly need it for WoW and ok some games in general.

Thanks in advance

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($215.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($102.55 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($37.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.95 @ B&H)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($116.97 @ Newegg)
    Case: Antec Three Hundred ATX Mid Tower Case ($35.20 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Antec Basiq 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($41.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Acer V213HLBJbd 60Hz 21.5" Monitor ($126.99 @ B&H)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $845.61
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-09 17:06 EST-0500)

How about something along those lines?

The dollar:euro conversion is 1:1 with electronics. You have a great CPU for those MMOs and a graphics card that will deliver OK performance, if not at high/ultra graphics settings.

Butler Log's setup is great however I'd personally do some adjustments.

Starting with the RAM you could save few bucks by picking cheapest available 1333MHz sticks since there is practically zero difference in performance (the 1600's aren't a bad choice either). 1TB version of the same HDD isn't much more expensive than the 500GB version (at least where I live, not sure about US prices) but if you think you don't need more than 500GB, you're good. If you have ANY intent of overclocking your system (which is is piss easy until ~4,5GHz), I'd strongly recommend getting slightly more advanced motherboard such as ASRock Z77 Extreme4 since Pro3 is reported to break down really easily when running with OC for longer periods. For overclocking you will also need a better cooler for the processor like Thermaltake True Spirit or HR-02 Macho (I'd suggest buying one anyway for the sake of your ears).

The case is alright but if you can afford it I'd recommend the BitFenix Shinobi. I doubt you'll have problems with the Antec power supply but please consider models like XFX 450W Core Edition or SuperFlower Golden Green Pro 450W (they have better component quality as well as power efficiency). For WoW the graphics card is OK but it is kind of low end so if you plan on playing more GPU intensive games such as Skyrim, BF3 etc. a higher end card is recommended (Radeon HD 7850 is excellent choice, especially with the new awesome drivers, costs around 180$). Lastly you should consider getting a 60GB Solid State Drive (SSD) for Windows + WoW, for instance the Crucial M4 which is really good model costs about 60$ (on Newegg atleast).

Obviously all of these increase the total price by quite a lot but all of them are worthwhile in my opinion. One good choice would be buying the SSD later if it doesn't fit in your budget right now. Hope this helped
    Last edited by HockeyPulver; 2012-11-09 at 11:26 PM.

Deleted
    Butler Log Setup

CPU : 218.60
    MOBO : 103.60
    RAM: 56
    HDD: 62.50
    Video Card : 121
    Case: 64
    Power Supply: 72
    DVD: 23
    Monitor: 145 (Acer V233HAbd)

more or less 866 euro or 699 without taxes.

I think I can upgrade some stuff, though prices are random from US to Greece.

Edit: I have an OS key so I do not need one.

So you have an additional 100 euros in your budget?

Deleted
    Yes, but I think I want a better than Acer Monitor, and maybe I can find a cheaper Case.

Are AMD CPUs worth it? Problem is that at home from mid June to mid September the temperatures are 30-40 C

I love my AMD :3

I've had an Acer monitor for the last 5 years, still works perfectly fine.

The new AMD FX 8350 isn't bad, but the i5 3570K is still better.

With the 100 euros I would upgrade the graphics card to an HD 7850 or GTX 660 (~50 euros). That will leave you with about 50 euros to upgrade to an Extreme4 motherboard instead of the Pro3.

Then you can put the 99 euros from the windows 7 licence you don't need to a nicer case (Bitfenix Shinobi, Fractal Design Core 3000 are two good cases around 60 euros) and change the harddrive for a 1TB Western Digital caviar black (30-40 euros more than the caviar blue above).

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($215.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling ACFZI30 74.0 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($134.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($37.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($96.00 @ B&H)
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($199.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: Fractal Design Core 3000 ATX Mid Tower Case ($66.97 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: Antec Basiq 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($41.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Acer V213HLBJbd 60Hz 21.5" Monitor ($126.99 @ B&H)
    Total: $978.89
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-09 19:39 EST-0500)
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-11-10 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The new AMD FX 8350 isn't bad
    It is bad. Very, very bad in fact. There is absolutely no reason to get AMD's 8-core processors. None. At the moment Intel is just so much better in every aspect possible (FYI this is coming from an AMD user). If you don't believe me go watch OC3D's review of the FX-8350 on
    youtube. com/watch?v=u7wFKewAbgs

Cited from around 36:00 "It's not a viable option for anyone"

That being said Butler Log's second setup is looking really good, though I would still take a different CPU cooler (the aforementioned Thermaltake True Spirit and HR-02 Macho are pretty much best at the market at their pricing point) if available from whereever you're buying from and change the monitor to 23 or 24 inch model (21.5" is waaay too small in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyPulver View Post
    It is bad. Very, very bad in fact. There is absolutely no reason to get AMD's 8-core processors. None. At the moment Intel is just so much better in every aspect possible (FYI this is coming from an AMD user). If you don't believe me go watch OC3D's review of the FX-8350 on
    youtube. com/watch?v=u7wFKewAbgs

Cited from around 36:00 "It's not a viable option for anyone"

That being said Butler Log's second setup is looking really good, though I would still take a different CPU cooler (the aforementioned Thermaltake True Spirit and HR-02 Macho are pretty much best at the market at their pricing point) if available from whereever you're buying from and change the monitor to 23 or 24 inch model (21.5" is waaay too small in my opinion).
    AMD fx8350 is fine. They don't bottleneck a gtx 680 or a gtx 690 so I don't see any reason why they could be bad.

@OP Check this monitor out 130eur SAMSUNG S22B150N

anandtech .com/bench/CPU/62?i=701.697

Sure it "manages", but there simply isn't any situation where you'd want to take it rather than an Intel processor. I guess you didn't watch the review video. Also, what does GPU bottlenecking have to do with any of this?

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyPulver View Post
    anandtech .com/bench/CPU/62?i=701.697

Sure it "manages", but there simply isn't any situation where you'd want to take it rather than an Intel processor. I guess you didn't watch the review video. Also, what does GPU bottlenecking have to do with any of this?
    GPU Bottlenecking, nothing.
    CPU bottlenecking, a lot.

Why?

Because you want to go for a CPU which won't bottleneck any decent graphics card on the market.

Biggest mistake you made till now, linking CPU benchmarks in games with a low resolution 1024x768 or whatever it is.

Situations with low resolution and increasing the graphics to medium orsomething, the cpu would be most likely a bottleneck due to heavy loads while the gpu is being lighted. This goes for all cpu's atm in the market.

Using 1080p and ultra settings, the AMD fx81350 performs the same as any other cpu currently..

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Because you want to go for a CPU which won't bottleneck any decent graphics card on the market.

Biggest mistake you made till now, linking CPU benchmarks in games with a low resolution 1024x768 or whatever it is.
    Its also worth mentioning that switching out a CPU is generally more expensive than switching out a GPU, even though CPU brings less of a performance boost in games.

Moreover, the release of DDR4 in 2014 is going to be a big problem if someone wanted to upgrade their CPU to the latest generation.

GPU Bottlenecking, nothing.
    CPU bottlenecking, a lot.

Why?

Are you suggesting that 3570K will bottleneck GPU's available on the market at the moment? Because if you are, thats absolute bullshit.

I don't believe it's 1024x768. What makes you think it is? FYI it's a WoW benchmark which I decided to link since OP stated that he/she will be playing WoW. (Now I know that it's impossible to maintain 120FPS in WoW under all circumstances so I assume the benchmark isn't from a 25 man raid). Even if it was low resolution benchmark, what does it matter? It still shows the big difference between the two. There may be some things that don't scale the same with different processors at a certain resolution, but I very much doubt that the difference there can be 30%

Situations with low resolution and increasing the graphics to medium orsomething, the cpu would be most likely a bottleneck due to heavy loads while the gpu is being lighted. This goes for all cpu's atm in the market.
    I don't even understand what you are trying to achieve here. 3570K has WAY better performance per thread and since games rarely use even 4 cores, 3570K is the logical choice for gamers.

Using 1080p and ultra settings, the AMD fx81350 performs the same as any other cpu currently..
    Proof, please. And please don't link me some synthetical benchmark which tells nothing about game performance.