Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    The whole game
    OMFG!!...you are so FUNNY and COOL!!!!

I mean...who else would think of a comeback like THAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    6 warzones per week has dwindled my interest. The PvP was the bright spot of this game to me.
    Wait Wha..............FTP only allows you 6 WZs a week?

That was a waste of a download if so

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miah View Post

AND you have to pay if you want to equip epic gear!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelyorc View Post
    OMFG!!...you are so FUNNY and COOL!!!!

I mean...who else would think of a comeback like THAT?
    Well, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Miah View Post

Pay for it then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    AND you have to pay if you want to equip epic gear!
    This F2P thing has way too many restrictions. Only 2 character slots, no epic gear, limitation on FP and WZ. Seriously, Bioware, I get that you somehow need people to either subscribe or give you money in some other form, but at least make Free 2 Play actually Fun 2 Play.

Deleted
    This F2P thing has way too many restrictions. Only 2 character slots, no epic gear, limitation on FP and WZ. Seriously, Bioware, I get that you somehow need people to either subscribe or give you money in some other form, but at least make Free 2 Play actually Fun 2 Play.
    Eh... complain complain, wanna play a game? Pay for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Pay for it then.
    Is that the only reason to have F2P in the first place? To take all the cool stuff away and say "Well if you really want to have fun, pay for it"
    I thought F2P was a means to actually get people to stay with the game, or to come back.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 08:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marverick66 View Post
    What logic is there in that. Isn't the whole reason behind a F2P option to play a game without paying for it? Stop trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Marverick66 View Post
    I agree with you. Unfortunately we live in the Age of Entitlement. Droves of people just standing there with their hands out. It's sickening.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm... You've been around mmo-champ for a while, but you have never posted in SWTOR until today. Seems legit.

Isn't the whole reason behind a F2P option to play a game without paying for it?
    Think of it as an extended trial. You play for free, what's there to complain about? If you don't enjoy it then quit and you lost no money in the process of trying out the game. If you enjoy the game then why not pay for it? They aren't just going to give you the exact same thing as paying customers get. I agree that some of the restrictions are a bit silly but there will be restrictions no matter what.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrin View Post
    Hmmm... You've been around mmo-champ for a while, but you have never posted in SWTOR until today. Seems legit.
    I've generally not posted on this site for quite some time. But in what way does that matter. At all. And how does it relate to what I wrote.

Is that the only reason to have F2P in the first place? To take all the cool stuff away and say "Well if you really want to have fun, pay for it"
    I thought F2P was a means to actually get people to stay with the game, or to come back.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 08:12 PM ----------

What logic is there in that. Isn't the whole reason behind a F2P option to play a game without paying for it? Stop trolling.
    Stick your hands out moar... I guess you're on unemployment too.

Please do not insult other posters.
    Last edited by Ragnarocket; 2012-11-15 at 08:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Think of it as an extended trial. You play for free, what's there to complain about? If you don't enjoy it then quit and you lost no money in the process of trying out the game. If you enjoy the game then why not pay for it? They aren't just going to give you the exact same thing as paying customers get. I agree that some of the restrictions are a bit silly but there will be restrictions no matter what.
    Except that it's not an extended trial. Extended trials usually only go to a very low level. This is a F2P option. Why complain if it's free? I already said that. The restrictions take away too much stuff that is actually fun. Like the thing with the 2 character limitation. I was actually looking forward to creating alts and playing through the different class stories. But with things like that, it's taking away all the fun.

Sure I can just pay. But if I wanted to do that I would have done that months ago. The fun I get out of SWTOR now is not worth the subscription fee, And the stuff I get to do for free is too restrictive. And if your answer just is "pay for it", then why the hell have a bloody F2P option in the first place.

I was hoping to try this game out today on F2P, but if this is a sign of how BioWare handles their MMO I might just forgo the headache an go back to wow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolex Snob View Post
    Stick your hands out moar... I guess you're on unemployment too.
    What kind of stupid comment is that. Do you think I'm not able to pay 13 Euros a month? What kind of response is that really. They announce a F2P option, but when people feel like there are too many restrictions you go ahead and insult them as cheap and unemployed?

Guys let's cutout the taking cheap shots at each other please, people are entitled to like or dislike the model all they want.

Except that it's not an extended trial. Extended trials usually only go to a very low level.
    No, you're talking about just regular trials. There's nothing extended about limited levels.

Sure I can just pay. But if I wanted to do that I would have done that months ago. The fun I get out of SWTOR now is not worth the subscription fee, And the stuff I get to do for free is too restrictive. And if your answer just is "pay for it", then why the hell have a bloody F2P option in the first place.
    Ok so you're not enjoying the game enough to pay for it. In that case my answer is not going to be "pay for it" but something else... quess what?

What kind of stupid comment is that. Do you think I'm not able to pay 13 Euros a month? What kind of response is that really. They announce a F2P option, but when people feel like there are too many restrictions you go ahead and insult them as cheap and unemployed?
    It's the defense force that can't handle critisism against Bioware. I play the game myself and will continue to subscribe, at least for the time being, but I too think the F2P is too restricting in some aspects. Why do I care? Because as a player in a MMO I'm also affected by the way things are going for the game and obviously this game needs to make more money and get more people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    I agree with you. Unfortunately we live in the Age of Entitlement. Droves of people just standing there with their hands out. It's sickening.
    This has nothing to do with entitlement. It's just that, if a game can be played for free, but they take away just the stuff that eventually makes people go "Awww I would really like to do that, but I can't - guess I'm gonna subscribe so I can" it at least makes me think that they just want to draw me back to the game instead of providing me with a entertaining playing option.