Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    High Overlord Lwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pleiades
    Posts
    149
    You really should be grateful you get to play all the class stories for free. That was a major selling point. It is a free single player game with limited social interaction. If you enjoy the samples of what the limited restrictions offer, you can buy them from the market, and become a subscriber. These complaints are analogous to being on the cusp of starvation, given a hamburger for free, and then complaining it is a quarter pound and not a half pound and doesn't have bacon, cheese, or condiments on it. Incoming "story sucks" post.
    Last edited by Lwa; 2012-11-15 at 08:46 PM.

  2. #62
    were you really expecting unlimited, unrestricted access to every part of the game entirely free of charge?

    While the restriction are just to incite player to spend money in the game either "a la carte" or in monthly sub, i can't blame EA for a business model that actually make sense.

    Blizzard is far far more worse in that domain, not only they charge full price for game and monthly subs, but they still have a real money shop for mount, BOE pet thay can be sold in the AH. And i'm not talking about the outrageous fee for server transfer. $20 plus another $25 if you change faction.... per character, good luck if you have several.

    When you play a game entirely for free, you have to wonder what's the catch, that is how the world works.

  3. #63
    Field Marshal Angelshifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    I hate dogs.
    I like Cats.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelshifter View Post
    I hit that in Wow, had 4 85s when SWTOR came out, Kept falling back to the Star Wars one. (I always have been a bit of a Space nut) poke my head in for Mists when that came out and wonder why the hell I bought it. I couldn't stand it. I think everyone hits that Lul in MMOs. There are times I take a break for a few Weeks and then come back. WoW I have completely quit after 8 years.
    The thing about "completely quitting", whether it's an MMO, or cigarettes and the likes, is that you can never know. Until you're dead, of course.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 09:50 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelshifter View Post
    I like Cats.
    Me too. Had a couple of cats for years, until I moved out of my mum's. I still like cats, but I don't want the whole inconvenience that comes with them.

  5. #65
    Epic! Skizzit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ~De Geso!
    Posts
    1,591
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    were you really expecting unlimited, unrestricted access to every part of the game entirely free of charge?

    While the restriction are just to incite player to spend money in the game either "a la carte" or in monthly sub, i can't blame EA for a business model that actually make sense.

    Blizzard is far far more worse in that domain, not only they charge full price for game and monthly subs, but they still have a real money shop for mount, BOE pet thay can be sold in the AH. And i'm not talking about the outrageous fee for server transfer. $20 plus another $25 if you change faction.... per character, good luck if you have several.

    When you play a game entirely for free, you have to wonder what's the catch, that is how the world works.
    Have you played any other F2P games like DCUO or Star Trek Online? In those games you get access to the whole game for free. You then can pay extra for things like new ships, uniform designs, and extra expansion-like content. They don't do things like limit things that should be basic MMO features by now like the number of quickbars or ability to turn off head slot item display. In both those games you can also purchase temporary XP gain boosts, but they don't reduce the XP gain rate for F2P players.

    As far as the WoW complaints, WoW is not a F2P game so any comparison is pointless really, but not a single thing you mentioned is in any way a basic part of gameplay.

  6. #66
    /shrug

    haters will hate, lovers will love.
    People that want to try will try it regardless, since, well, it's free

    Some will like it, some won't
    wome will subs, some will just buy thing occasionally from the cash shop, some will fully play without spending a dime, and some will quit very quickly.

    At the end of a day, EA is a business, and F2P is a business model design to make money (either in short or long time or both). I don't like it, nor i like subs model. I feel they should have marketed the story line, only the first chapter for free and pay to play other chapter. I wouldn't have put the same restriction in place but hey, a business model is a business model. I do not have the expertise to tell EA theirs is crap.

    So let's just wait and see.


    PS my complain about wow very much affect player and their game habits. Be stuck on a low pop server, a handfull of guild, hard time to recruit, virtually no PUG, a very slow economy. and with several 85/90 wouldn't be a fun position to be in.

    Either start anew on a populated server or bite the bullet and pay $$$ to just be able to participate in the PVE part of the game.
    So yes, i believe blizz is taking advantage of low pop server to make $$$ from transfer.
    Last edited by Vankrys; 2012-11-15 at 09:08 PM.

  7. #67
    I have a friend who just logged in on SWTOR. I'm patched up, can see the 1.5 patchnotes and everything, but play button is grey out with the error: "There is currently no active subscription on this account. Activate your account here." Can't even check to see what is going on with my account since the site is still offline for the most part.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelshifter View Post
    You don't have to pay for the software, and you do not pay a subscription fee.

    To subscribe you will still need to pay for the software and then subscribe to the fee as well.

    So Lets clarify here F2P No charge for software No Subscription Fee. By the time you hit level 50 you can decide if you are content with what you have and have become used to at that point.

    Subscribers Pay for the Software and Pay the Fee.

    Now if Bioware was Charging its F2P players for the software like Guild Wars 2 does, then yes I can see a need to complain. But since they are offering a client for no Charge and a Client for $14.99 (which comes with one month subscriber included). They reserve the right to reduce the functionality of the Free Software.
    I did pay for the software, I was one of the people to pre-order the CE for like $150. I unlocked all my ship and inventory slots too during normal play. Full BM on my 50. So now when I play I lose all my gear (can't equip at least) and inventory unless I pay even more or resub. I much rather get a refund of my $150 and put that towards unlocks.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    I did pay for the software, I was one of the people to pre-order the CE for like $150. I unlocked all my ship and inventory slots too during normal play. Full BM on my 50. So now when I play I lose all my gear (can't equip at least) and inventory unless I pay even more or resub. I much rather get a refund of my $150 and put that towards unlocks.
    No that is not correct. You can still use all the gear you had. If you get any new gear though you'll have to pay to equip that stuff. Also you keep your cargo hold and all the bays you bought for it.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    No that is not correct. You can still use all the gear you had. If you get any new gear though you'll have to pay to equip that stuff. Also you keep your cargo hold and all the bays you bought for it.
    So basically there's no reason to get better gear on my level 50s, since I can't equip it anyway. But then again I think OPs aren't available so what does it matter. BioWare certainly knows how to get people interested in the endgame.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    So basically there's no reason to get better gear on my level 50s, since I can't equip it anyway. But then again I think OPs aren't available so what does it matter. BioWare certainly knows how to get people interested in the endgame.
    Pretty much.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    So basically there's no reason to get better gear on my level 50s, since I can't equip it anyway. But then again I think OPs aren't available so what does it matter. BioWare certainly knows how to get people interested in the endgame.
    i believe utilizing the cartel shop once upgrade you to a prefered users which remove the epic gear limitation of F2P

    To be confirmed.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    So basically there's no reason to get better gear on my level 50s, since I can't equip it anyway. But then again I think OPs aren't available so what does it matter. BioWare certainly knows how to get people interested in the endgame.
    Of course, you have been demoted by YOUR decision to stop being a subscriber. You left the game because you didn't like it. Why should you be entitled to any of the paid stuff simply because you "were" a subscriber. Become a subscriber again or live with the fact that you have to pay a little to get the extras. It's funny how people that come back think they deserve something because they quit a game they didn't like and now that they're back as a NON-subscriber deserve to have what they used to (as a subscriber)....go figure.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    i believe utilizing the cartel shop once upgrade you to a prefered users which remove the epic gear limitation of F2P

    To be confirmed.
    If you have ever subscribed you are automatically a preferred account. The only people who have to buy stuff to get that designation are people who have never subbed.

  15. #75
    I was a subscriber before. So if I buy time create more than 2 characters, will I be able to use all of the characters after the time has run out?
    Signature and Avatar by ElyPop

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    No that is not correct. You can still use all the gear you had. If you get any new gear though you'll have to pay to equip that stuff. Also you keep your cargo hold and all the bays you bought for it.
    Ah, thats pretty cool.
    Do you happen to know if you can put in different mods into the gear? I actually like the look of the gear I have right now.

    Also, If you remove the mods from PVP gear and put into normal orange armor, the set bonuses get transferred too, correct?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 10:18 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by marionette13 View Post
    Of course, you have been demoted by YOUR decision to stop being a subscriber. You left the game because you didn't like it. Why should you be entitled to any of the paid stuff simply because you "were" a subscriber. Become a subscriber again or live with the fact that you have to pay a little to get the extras. It's funny how people that come back think they deserve something because they quit a game they didn't like and now that they're back as a NON-subscriber deserve to have what they used to (as a subscriber)....go figure.
    Eh, I am sure by this time next year, they'll have a REAL free to play version and not a level 50 unlimited trial.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by marionette13 View Post
    Of course, you have been demoted by YOUR decision to stop being a subscriber. You left the game because you didn't like it. Why should you be entitled to any of the paid stuff simply because you "were" a subscriber. Become a subscriber again or live with the fact that you have to pay a little to get the extras. It's funny how people that come back think they deserve something because they quit a game they didn't like and now that they're back as a NON-subscriber deserve to have what they used to (as a subscriber)....go figure.
    If I have to become a subscriber again to do all the stuff I enjoy, what use is F2P to me.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    Ah, thats pretty cool.
    Do you happen to know if you can put in different mods into the gear? I actually like the look of the gear I have right now.

    Also, If you remove the mods from PVP gear and put into normal orange armor, the set bonuses get transferred too, correct?
    I don't think you can switch around the mods but not sure. Set bonuses only move with gear that was put in when they put in Denova. I am not sure what patch that was off the top of my head.

    Also, I am going to close this now since the servers are up and everything is live and we are starting to get the same questions in multiple threads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •