Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I really am struggling to see how freaking Paul and Johnson were at all popular from aside from the fringe people?
    johnson had appeal for some obama voters that were less than enchanted with obama's first term, and he has some policies that are ahead of the GOP and democrats. unfortunately his bad ones more than offset those

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    johnson had appeal for some obama voters that were less than enchanted with obama's first term, and he has some policies that are ahead of the GOP and democrats. unfortunately his bad ones more than offset those
    Obama would have been the best president ever if the republicans had not cockblocked him at every turn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I really am struggling to see how freaking Paul and Johnson were at all popular from aside from the fringe people?
    That's why I said relatively. Gary Johnson was the most popular out of the third party candidates and got more votes than any other third party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by titan972 View Post
    I agree that some level of regulation is needed...forcing businesses to provide birth control isn't one of them.[COLOR="red"]
    this argument is horrible, just because regulations would require health care doesn't mean that businesses are required to provide birth control, just because birth control is considered health care (and rightfully so, seems that a lot of people don't know exactly what birth control does, regulates hormones, birth control is really just a side effect) the kind of logic you are putting out means that just because someone CAN use the health care to buy birth control means that a man can't pay for hospital bills when he gets in a car accident, simply because birth control is an OPTION means that health care should not be required? really?

besides on the abortion subject, it may be touchy to bring up, but abortion being legal was a key contributor to crime levels dropping drastically in the 90's. also lets not go into the health reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Obamatheone View Post
    Obama would have been the best president ever if the republicans had not cockblocked him at every turn.
    I think that's spectacularly unlikely. The choices he made of his own volition (amped up war in Afghanistan, continued with intrusive "security", reappointed Bernanke) disqualify him from that title.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Depends if they realise that being a old white men party wont fit in todays & future US.
    The problem is that their voters base is too small to compete. They need to reach out to the middle class, women, latinos.
    Having a nuts christian rightwing agenda wont help them.

For the moment they are out of touch with reality.
    Republicans won't win a national election because they won't cave in to all those special interest groups that want:\
    a) hand outs - the poor, students, minorities and illegal immigrants
    b) extra rights - gay marriage
    c) more government intervention and anti-business laws/policies - unions and progressives
    d) a Godless society - progressives, atheists

Democrats want government to be the answer to all social ills but never bother to ask: at what cost
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    amped up war in Afghanistan,
    i dont hold that against him. he played the hand he was dealt, and if you're in a war you need to try to win. the military told him that was the best course

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Just want to throw this out there:
    I'll just counter-throw this in there: if you go through the educational establishments in those states, you're likely to find not only extreme left-wing professors but even self-described Communists of any of the variant strains. That said, for people who think the GOP is dead because of one election, you really ought to take a look at the popular vote (which reflects the COMMON PEOPLE of the U.S., as opposed to the upper-echelon) -- roughly 50% to 48%, in favor of Obama.

Republicans need to concentrate on getting the American vote and they would win every single election since the Democrats only care about the "latino vote, women vote, black vote".

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    Republicans won't win a national election because they won't cave in to all those special interest groups that want:\

You know why you people lost? Because you act like equal rights are a special privilege.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that's spectacularly unlikely. The choices he made of his own volition (amped up war in Afghanistan, continued with intrusive "security", reappointed Bernanke) disqualify him from that title.
    ok sorry but i just recently learned who this was in my econ class soooo, what's the problem with him?
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.

Damn you have some good points. I must of been dreaming about the strawman Obama in that chair.
    Now that strawman Obama, he would have been a good president!

Nope, they won't. Faux News has already blamed several groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You know why you people lost? Because you act like equal rights are a special privilege.
    This.

Lets not get carried away. He definitely would have been more effected if it wasn't for the douchebag republican congress, but no. Not best ever.
    Last edited by iceberg265; 2012-11-13 at 12:52 AM.

a) hand outs - the poor, students, minorities and illegal immigrants
    I wonder why anyone thinks Republicans are racist. Must just be a liberal conspiracy. Unearned entitlements actually make up an extremely small portion of the budget. Social security and medicare aren't hand outs, they're earned. America owes people who have worked their entire lives compensation for their work.

You mean the same rights afforded other citizens? So much for being the "liberty" party.

c) more government intervention and anti-business laws/policies - unions and progressives
    Examples? Because objectively businesses and the wealthy have it far better off now than they did during America's golden age, the 50s-early 70s. I know conservatives hate facts like Superman hates kryptonite, though. So go ahead and ignore this.

Secular doesn't mean Godless, it means the government doesn't dictate religion one way or another to people. You may want to skim the first amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    i dont hold that against him. he played the hand he was dealt, and if you're in a war you need to try to win. the military told him that was the best course
    Fuck that. Throwing out massive amounts of money and lives for little or no benefit is something he should be taken to task for. I don't give a shit what the military told him, they're a pretty poor source for determining whether more money should be spent on the military.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) there are no anti business laws/policies being pushed, it's all about fair practice
    2) considering the constitution says that religion is to be kept out of the government and all that is being pushed by those groups is to not have religion forced on them, i see no problem here.

Damn you have some good points. I must of been dreaming about the strawman Obama in that chair.
    Now that strawman Obama, he would have been a good president!
    Strawbama woulda been the GOAT

my friend's wife says this, and has thus far failed to explain it. for the love of god how is this an extra right?!? please explain it to me so that i can at least fathom the argument

Remember everybody, equal is the same as extra.

Fuck that. Throwing out massive amounts of money and lives for little or no benefit is something he should be taken to task for. I don't give a shit what the military told him, they're a pretty poor source for determining whether more money should be spent on the military.
    well, like i said, he was stuck in the war. i prefer a CinC actually listen to his advisers on things that he isnt an expert in rather than to unilaterally decide he knows better