Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Obama has been President for four years. Has he taken away your gun rights?

/thread

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

His sources are opinions from other conspiracy nutjobs on Obama and guns.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Song View Post
    I disagree with that soo much. And this is a lot of the reason why.

http://www.wnd.com/2007/04/41196/

25 years murder free because the head of every house hold is required to carry a gun.
    Well, that city is more rich than the average, and there are a lot less crimes in those types of cities, most crimes happen in poor cities and neighborhoods. The same result would not happen in Compton, or simply LA, I believe it would actually increase crime rate.
    Last edited by Gorlak; 2012-11-09 at 11:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This video is from a known conspiracy theorist. He believes the government is involved with so many things such as 9/11 and OKC bombing. Based on reputation alone i feel there is no need to sit through the entire video. Conspiracy Theorists are able to weave complicated stories in such a way that it is easy for the simple minded to be brainwashed into believe, yet, the theories often hold very little validity when investigated in details.

And no Tesclo, I did not watch the video. Even if he claims his sources are from reputable locations, whats to stop him from twisting them out of context? If you want people to believe your claim, get it from a reputable source, don't cite a definitive (Proof Obama is coming fro your guns) and provide the only source is one nutjob Conspiracy theorists video. Do your own research first.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesclo View Post
    Yes this is Alex Jones, but his sources are reliable in this clip. I sincerely ask all Americans out there to take the time to listen to this video. And I honestly ask all you Obama supporters to reflect on exactly who you voted into a 2nd term.

I honestly want Americans to lose their gun rights. I like England's version. Big deal if we don't have guns. We'd all be better off with Obamacare, too. No, I am not trolling for all of you people who are in opposition with my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    His sources are opinions from other conspiracy nutjobs on Obama and guns.
    simply not true. NY TIMES and the UN are 2 of many of his sources in this video.

So do ME a favor and waste 22 minutes of your life. Watch the video man...
    No, I'm not burning 22 seconds of my time on a man that has zero credibility. If you think there's valid points made, make them yourself. If you're incapable of doing so, why in the world would I take your recommendation of a video seriously in the first place?

True or untrue, I'm finding it hard to disagree with the idea of taking away Alex Jones' gun. The way he spoke about his beloved gun made me shudder a little bit.

It's this whole "Crying Wolf" thing, he has effectively ruined his reputation with the people commenting, they're not going to watch it, and I don't blame them. There's a guy in my town that asks for money so he can feed his kids, You can literally watch him go buy alcohol with the money he's given. You don't see people giving him money more than once.

Obviously not a direct correlation, but the point stands that had he not proven himself to be untrustworthy, people may think it's worth their time.

I'd suggest you move on and try to find a more receptive audience, that's just my personal opinion

And no, I won't watch the video, Don't implore me to. I don't care.

Don't have any guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    No, I'm not burning 22 seconds of my time on a man that has zero credibility. If you think there's valid points made, make them yourself. If you're incapable of doing so, why in the world would I take your recommendation of a video seriously in the first place?
    You ever heard the term you can lead a horse to water?

so what if he is coming for your guns? oh and the video is lame, i couldn't stand watching more than three minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    I honestly want Americans to lose their gun rights. I like England's version. Big deal if we don't have guns. We'd all be better off with Obamacare, too. No, I am not trolling for all of you people who are in opposition with my thoughts.
    Contrary to popular belief, England does not have a total gun ban. I know a guy that lives in England, hes told me how the law works, and also agrees with me that a gun ban would cause more problems here in the US than it would fix.

Obamacare thing is off topic, so I'm not going to talk about it here.

By the way, I think Alex Jones is a kook and just likes to get people riled up.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2012-11-09 at 11:23 PM.

you mean kool aid, dont you?

Deleted
    Just watch the last 10 seconds of the clip and you'll know exactly why this guy is full of shit. "They are comming for your guns, they want you to be their slaves"... Right ....

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlak View Post
    Well, we don't have guns here, and we have less crimes than you. That is because, if criminals know that other people don't have firearms, they won't bring one with them when they break into someones house or stuff like that either.
    That to me is a pretty asinine leap in logic, at least when applied to the majority not as a trait describing a small subset of criminals. If I knew for a fact that the majority of citizens didn't have guns and I was of a criminal nature it seems like me having a gun would be more of an advantage and would incentivize me more to acquire a gun. See now I have a gun and you being a law abiding citizen do not gives me an advantage in my criminal endeavor where as before it was just a force equalizer unless I got the drop on you. I'm not saying it doesn't apply to all criminals, just not most of them. The chief thing stopping me, and a far more likely scenario than your "oh they don't have a gun so I guess I wont bring mine", would be the fact that acquiring a gun would not only be much harder but probably quite expensive not to mention carry a much weightier prison sentence in the event that I'm caught.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2012-11-09 at 11:26 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

You ever heard the story of the boy that cried "wolf"?

10+ Year Old Account
    simply not true. NY TIMES and the UN are 2 of many of his sources in this video.
    I can do this too. "Obama speaks French." - New York Times. Now let's see how many people fact check, that's what it gets down to. The people who already dislike Obama are less likely to fact check if someone is just quoting a source and it seems like it COULD be true.

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohhh. UN affairs do make this a bit tricky. That'll be interesting to see if anything comes from this. We don't have the best of policy ( America as a whole ) for actually following through with anything we tell other countries-even to the UN. Not every issue but there are some glaring ones.

The gun-hype is making ammo cost a lot right now and rather a pain to find certain types.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Is it really so much to ask? Just watch the video and make your opinion.
    I'm watching it and oh god that guy is bloody annoying, can't get past 5 minutes since he sounds like a raging angry white guy I'd rather watch something entertaining or actually informative.
    As for his starting statement 'We're right back in 1776' sorry to inform you but the world has changed since then or will you demand your slaves back next?
    I know Americans do love their amendments, but to hold unto something that's over 200 years old when society was primitive in comparison is just beyond my understanding. Can anyone explain to me why you should have a gun in your home except for shooting the Queen of England or family members.