Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    How has it stayed National news for 5 days that the former CIA Director / former leader of allied forces in Iraq and Afghanistan was banging someone other than his wife? Seems to me that should be entirely a family matter to work out and have no bearing on the country as a whole.
    His mistress had access to his classified materials. That is why it becomes a problem. The reason adultury is a problem for political people and high security official is because one of the most common tactic to use spies as mistresses. Its even in the book of war. Wife's movement can be tracked by the husband rather easily but a mistress is far more independent, thus the husband might not know what information the mistress has

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    His mistress had access to his classified materials. That is why it becomes a problem. The reason adultury is a problem for political people and high security official is because one of the most common tactic to use spies as mistresses. Its even in the book of war. Wife's movement can be tracked by the husband rather easily but a mistress is far more independent, thus the husband might not know what information the mistress has
    Do they have proof she had access to classified materials? Because that would be the crime and scandal, not the affair, but all the press is about the affair.

As for mistresses vs. wives, is it not OK for a CIA chief to be a single man who dates women?
    She was a fast machine, she kept her motor clean
    She was the best damned woman that I ever seen
    She had the sightless eyes, telling me no lies
    And knocking me out with those American thighs