View Poll Results: Do you agree with blizzards BoP Harmony idea?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, its rational?

    71 73.96%
  • No, why would the try to fix a system that was never broke.

    25 26.04%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    I am Murloc! Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    5,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post

    Well theres always the 3 Spirits=1 random gem discovery for shits and giggles
    Yeah, but when i have all needed gems, i don't need anything to discover. I will just wait until they will be BoA, and send them to engineer to craft mounts
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  2. #22
    Motes are fine as BoP.

    If a crafter hasn't kept a stockpile of motes they're plain not looking to make gold....who isn't looking to make gold as a crafter?

    Also, your complaint is with tailoring cloth being BoP not motes. I don't know why cata and MoP made tailor cloth BoP yet both types of special metal were not BoP.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 01:32 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    When your main has professions that can't make anything useful for itself you have SoHs sitting there in your bags doing nothing. If you want to actually make something useful you need to level an alt with the right profs, grind out the necessary rep and the refarm the SoHs.

    If the whole kit and caboodle was BoA I could have leveled the appropriate toon to 87, quickly gotten the appropriate prof to 600, hand it the recipes from a main that's put in the so called "effort" in that god forsaken rep grind along with that main's SoHs and get a nice piece of gear to go into the raids with.

    But instead I got shat on because I was a bear that ended up with JC/BS.
    Ummm 1 SoH=3 GL for one thing. SoH should never be "rotting" in your bags.

  3. #23
    I don't think the problem is the lack of Spirits of Harmony, or the inconvenience of farming them; the problem is that they cannot be traded.

  4. #24
    Brewmaster Gharld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    WoW
    Posts
    1,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yeah, but when i have all needed gems, i don't need anything to discover. I will just wait until they will be BoA, and send them to engineer to craft mounts
    Depleted Kryparium Rocket...so much fun
    Make a level 1 human on the US server Moonguard and run over to the Goldshire Inn. Once there prepare to be blown away by a series of WTFBBQ's and complete and total spacial mindfuck. Do. It. Now.
    Quote Originally Posted by danielu100 View Post
    gharld fu cked name,all my friends are playing on this patch and its going fine,u fu cking ugly kid go comment ur mother face not here, morron shit.
    He's right. I should go comment my mother face.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Ummm 1 SoH=3 GL for one thing. SoH should never be "rotting" in your bags.
    For what? My guild provides flasks and food and I have plenty of cash. I suppose I could have a neverending cache of Pot of Luck. Whoop-de-do there!

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    When your main has professions that can't make anything useful for itself you have SoHs sitting there in your bags doing nothing. If you want to actually make something useful you need to level an alt with the right profs, grind out the necessary rep and the refarm the SoHs.

    If the whole kit and caboodle was BoA I could have leveled the appropriate toon to 87, quickly gotten the appropriate prof to 600, hand it the recipes from a main that's put in the so called "effort" in that god forsaken rep grind along with that main's SoHs and get a nice piece of gear to go into the raids with.

    But instead I got shat on because I was a bear that ended up with JC/BS.
    But can't you trade Spirits of Harmony in for any crafting material and sell them AH? As for getting motes of harmony you can: 1) Loot them 2) Skin them 3) Herb them 4) Mine them 5) Plant them. On top those two methods you can get any crafting material by planting a seed and coming back the next day. It's not to hard to be tripping over materials after a certain amount of time.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    For what? My guild provides flasks and food and I have plenty of cash. I suppose I could have a neverending cache of Pot of Luck. Whoop-de-do there!
    If you have plenty of cash you can buy crafted epics off the AH then. Don't need crafted epics and don't care about cash and don't care about flasks? Then just delete your SoH. I'm sorry, but not ever item in the game has a function for everyone.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    But can't you trade Spirits of Harmony in for any crafting material and sell them AH? As for getting motes of harmony you can: 1) Loot them 2) Skin them 3) Herb them 4) Mine them 5) Plant them. On top those two methods you can get any crafting material by planting a seed and coming back the next day. It's not to hard to be tripping over materials after a certain amount of time.
    You don't seem to get it. I'm not a fan of having to grind up a second toon with the appropriate profs for two lousy pieces of 476 gear. The effort to reward ratio being so utterly broken in certain situations is the problem, not the difficulty in acquiring the mats.

  9. #29
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnasty View Post
    Im not understanding why blizzard would make it so harmonies are BoP, Im a non-crafter, I never liked the crafting system in WoW ever. So it falls my my coin purse to purchase or farms mats and pay other crafters to do what I can not. I farmed all the mats needed to make Spelltwisters Robe and Spelltwisters Gloves, to then realize the only thing I can do to aid the crafter is give them the cloth, and or farm cranes in a group of 3 for 2 hours to get the tailor the motes needed for the 30 harmonies he will need to craft the Imperial Silk he would need to make the items i already have the mats for. And then 30 harmonies i have rot in my bags because crafting sucks.

    Fire gear on, start the flame as I know some of you will have a mouthfull of spunk that isnt pertinent to the conversation at hand

    Do you think this was a flawed design idea?
    Frozen Orbs, Chaos Orbs, Spirits of Harmony... just substitute in the expansion... if its a flawed design then its been flawed for YEARS. And no, those harmonies aren't rotting... you can certainly convert them to something you can sell, I'd recommend converting them to Golden Lotus.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  10. #30
    the harmony motes/spirits are the combined elements into one resource that requires actual work to do so.

    but if you currently don't have a use for them you can trade them in for mats for other professions.

  11. #31
    It is frustrating.

    I want to make a Blingtron 4000 on my engineering alt, but that takes 4 spirits. That's 40 BoP motes... I didn't intend on leveling this alt, but I'm going to be level 90 on this toon before I can even make the damn thing.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    If you have plenty of cash you can buy crafted epics off the AH then. Don't need crafted epics and don't care about cash and don't care about flasks? Then just delete your SoH. I'm sorry, but not ever item in the game has a function for everyone.
    Don't be so deliberately obtuse. You should know perfectly well that the mats from 12 SoH wouldn't cover what the crafted pieces sold for.

    People like you are seriously the problem with this community. You're happy with your lot so you shit on anyone else who might not appreciate being stuck in a bad situation.

  13. #33
    Stood in the Fire bledgor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    Don't be so deliberately obtuse. You should know perfectly well that the mats from 12 SoH wouldn't cover what the crafted pieces sold for.

    People like you are seriously the problem with this community. You're happy with your lot so you shit on anyone else who might not appreciate being stuck in a bad situation.
    Don't think your one situation is the the all knowing answer, my server it is easier/better to sell mats than items, the crafted tailoring pieces go for 500g a spirit, so max i make 3-4k from chest, can turn those 6 spirits into 18 golden lotus which sell for 300g a pop, or 5400g return.

  14. #34
    The Patient welcome2life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In a quiet peaceful valley.
    Posts
    318
    It's not too bad of a design. Usually you can get the rewards another way but if you put some time into it you can get extra cooldowns, research, and nicer gear than without the spirits. I prefer this quite a bit over the orb reward off the final boss of a heroic.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Don't think your one situation is the the all knowing answer, my server it is easier/better to sell mats than items, the crafted tailoring pieces go for 500g a spirit, so max i make 3-4k from chest, can turn those 6 spirits into 18 golden lotus which sell for 300g a pop, or 5400g return.
    Maybe in fantasy land. Looking at TUJ the median price for GL is about 150g while the median price for Greyshadow Chestguard is about 10K.

    So unless you can figure out a way to buy a 10,000 gold item for 3600g I think you're SoL with this line of reasoning.

  16. #36
    The current system allows crafters to make money off of their professions, opposed to the past when guys like the OP would show up with the mats and a 10g tip.

    Gee thanks 10g gtfo.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

  17. #37
    Stood in the Fire bledgor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    Maybe in fantasy land. Looking at TUJ the median price for GL is about 150g while the median price for Greyshadow Chestguard is about 10K.

    So unless you can figure out a way to buy a 10,000 gold item for 3600g I think you're SoL with this line of reasoning.
    So in your case your example is the law of the land and my example is ignored? ZOMG blizzard gave me a way to make money but not as much as someone else, UNBALANCED!!! Stop bitching and be happy they gave you something you can sell with them, for a good profit too.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    So in your case your example is the law of the land and my example is ignored? ZOMG blizzard gave me a way to make money but not as much as someone else, UNBALANCED!!! Stop bitching and be happy they gave you something you can sell with them, for a good profit too.
    Way to miss the point, white knight.

  19. #39
    Stood in the Fire bledgor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    Way to miss the point, white knight.
    Kettle calling the pot black.... You refuse to see my point and think you have the high ground when I return the favor?

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    Maybe in fantasy land. Looking at TUJ the median price for GL is about 150g while the median price for Greyshadow Chestguard is about 10K.

    So unless you can figure out a way to buy a 10,000 gold item for 3600g I think you're SoL with this line of reasoning.
    Well if you had been half decent at looking at AH prices you would have gotten those GL and sold them during the first two weeks of the expansion, when their price was insane.

    Otherwise yeah, selling 8 times an item made with 1 SoH is gonna give you less than 1 item made with 8 SoH. But it also takes less time to sell, and is more reliable, which is a good thing if you're not that good at reading and analyzing AH trends.
    And yes, some professions can potentially make more gold out of SoH than others. I don't see how that's anything new or surprising, but yeah, that's the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    I don't really get how Bloodlust fits Shamans...

    "I need to calm the elements, and through our sacred bond we will - wait, is that a fucking boss? I'M SO FUCKING ANGRY! I'M GOING TO KILL HIM! NO, WAIT! I'M GOING TO RAPE HIM THEN KILL HIM! WITH SPOONS! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •