Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Eitrigg for Warchief!

Quote from WoWWiki:
    "Eitrigg is an aging orc warrior who served with valor and distinction during the First and Second War, losing two sons to battle. After he learned the truth of Gul'dan's betrayal and his bargain with Kil'jaeden, Eitrigg fled into the wilderness of Lordaeron, forsaking his race and determined to live out the rest of his days in peace.
    He was discovered years later living in the ruins of an abandoned watch tower by the paladin Tirion Fordring. At first regarding each other as nothing but enemies, the two began to fight one another. Their fight caused the tower to collapse, and Eitrigg ended up saving unconscious Tirion's life by pulling him out of the ruins. From that point forward, Tirion felt he owed a debt of honor to the orc.

This was not enough to prevent Eitrigg from being captured however. It is certain that the orc would have been put to death in Stratholme but thanks to the timely intervention of Tirion and Thrall's new Horde, he was saved. He regarded Tirion as his human brother after such losses to save him.

After meeting Warchief Thrall, Eitrigg found that his people had rediscovered their shamanistic roots, and returned to life among his own kind. Before he left with his people, Eitrigg proclaimed that Tirion and he were brothers, bound by blood and honor."
    In World of Warcraft:
    "When Thrall was Warchief, he served as an advisor for him. During Garrosh's ascension, Thrall tells Garrosh to use Eitrigg, as well as Cairne and Vol'jin, to advise him in leading the Horde while Thrall goes to Nagrand to find out from the elements there what is wrong with Azeroth."
    I personally would love to see this guy as a new warchief of The Horde. He has a lot of experience so he would be able to wisely lead his people. But I still don't understand why he's at level 20 currently in the game.

Why did Blizzard neglect this character? He have such a rich story. So whats your opinion? Would you like to see Eitrigg as a new Warchief of The Horde?

It's an idea that deserves some thought to be certain. That said I'm hoping as the patches come out and the story progresses the future of the post-Garrosh Horde will be a bit less up in the air.

10+ Year Old Account
    i want Drek'thar as warchief! but yeah i would be contend with Eitregg, hes badass

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    It's an idea that deserves some thought to be certain. That said I'm hoping as the patches come out and the story progresses the future of the post-Garrosh Horde will be a bit less up in the air.
    I think it wll be Vol'jin, they seem to be putting alot of effort into his character development. First he turns down the other troll tribes in favor of the horde, and now hes getting some serious attetion with the next patch.

Flees from corruption. Saves a paladin and proclaims him a friend. Doesn't want to level up. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    i want Drek'thar as warchief! but yeah i would be contend with Eitregg, hes badass
    Unfortunately Drek's minds been going as of late and his health even more so. Sadly this makes that unlikely.

Deleted
    Drek'thar is a disabled old man that uses a wheel chair:

You still want him as a Warchief of The Horde?

I don't thiknk Eitrigg is the leadertype since he ran of into the wilderness and lived there alone for a few years. Though it seems like he has some good experience with war. Also, if now Eitrigg could have a word into how to rule the Horde, he could tell them the story about Tirion and him. How he saved Tirion after their battle with the tower and how Tirion later on saved Eitrigg from execution in Stratholme. Though, Thrall's timing was perfect there as well and it helped the saving of Eitrigg alot but i still think it could make some difference between the two factions.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 02:10 AM ----------

Drek'thar is an awesome character but he's to old for that shit... and blind.
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by panterarules View Post
    Flees from corruption. Saves a paladin and proclaims him a friend. Doesn't want to level up. No thanks.
    Level up when, what, how? And how are the first to bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    hell yeah! he could prolly still kick garrosh's ass tbh

and Eitrigg does level up, hes 75 in wotlk and 85 in cata

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Drek'thar is a disabled old man that uses a wheel chair:

FDR! Franklin Delano Roosevelt faced Nazi's from his chair! (Not literally but my point stands)

What I see is an orc who sees the reality and still have honor left. It would just been a cowards move to kill Tirion there while he was unconscious, and you don't do that when it's an 1on1 battle.
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    Level up when, what, how? And how are the first to bad?
    How are they bad? He fled and turned his back on his own race because he couldn't stand up for his own beliefs. He was too weak to notice the corruption and instead hated on his race because of concepts he couldn't understand. You want an orc for leader who in the past has exiled himself when his people needed the most help.

He also makes peace with the lowliest scum of Azeroth. This is warcraft, not peacecraft.

Flees from corruption.
    Does the right thing.
    Saves a paladin and proclaims him a friend.
    It was honourable combat, and Eitrigg wasn't going to murder an unconscious Tirion: Does a noble thing.
    Doesn't want to level up. No thanks.
    Wasn't Hamuul like level 30 until Cata? Level isn't exactly relevant.

And this rules him out as a decent leader? Being a noble and wise Orc =/= warchief material? If that's the case that is whats wrong with the Orcs...

btw Eitrigg's story was one of the first ones I learned about getting into Lore. It made me like the Orcs all that time ago, along with random NPCs in Shatt saying "Speak friend" when dealing with them on my alliance toons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eitrigg would be a reasonable choice. I can't think of anything bad about him but it doesn't seem like they are setting him up for it. Although I'd be surprised if he doesn't at least help in bringing down Garrosh.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Eitrigg is great and all but he's way too old. Same with Varok Saurfang. I know having a youngster on the throne just failed horribly but it seems to me you'd want someone who won't be falling into dementia like Drek'thar anytime soon as the Horde's top dog.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

How are they bad? He fled and turned his back on his own race because he couldn't stand up for his own beliefs. He was too weak to notice the corruption and instead hated on his race because of concepts he couldn't understand. You want an orc for leader who in the past has exiled himself when his people needed the most help.

He also makes peace with the lowliest scum of Azeroth. This is warcraft, not peacecraft.
    You mean a leader like Tirion Fordring who's entire backstory is near identical? Yes.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 04:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vesker View Post
    Eitrigg is great and all but he's way too old. Same with Varok Saurfang. I know having a youngster on the throne just failed horribly but it seems to me you'd want someone who won't be falling into dementia like Drek'thar anytime soon as the Horde's top dog.
    Drek'thar was old when Thralls father was a young man. It's a bit different.

You want an orc for leader who in the past has exiled himself when his people needed the most help.
    Ironically enough this line describes Garrosh perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Ironically enough this line describes Garrosh perfectly.
    He didn't exile himself. He was physically present the whole time. He was just bone-crushingly ashamed of his father's misdeeds (as he had know way of knowing of Grom's heroic redemption/death).

My brain just broke a little trying to figure how his character got from there to 5.1 and I was paying really close attention the whole time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eitrigg has been largely forgotten, same with other formerly important orcs such as Drek'thar and Nazgrel.

However, I'm beginning to feel like the Horde will be taken over by a council, with Vol'jin, Baine, Eitrigg. Not sure what's going to happen with Lor'themar and Sylvanas.