Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

Anders Breivik claims conditions in Norwegian prison 'violate his human rights'

Anders Breivik claims conditions in Norwegian prison 'violate his human rights'

Prison conditions are 'inhumane' says Breivik's lawyer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...an-rights.html
    He got 21 years sentence for killing 80 people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are other prisoners given the "rights" that he's upset that he doesn't have (like access to a computer with Internet, not having his letters censored).

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

I bet theyre forcing him to live with non-whites. LOL @ complaining about not having free speech...in jail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Send him to America. We'll stick him in one of our prisons for a year or two. He'll be begging to go back to your prisons within a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it laughable for a man that had no concern for the rights of others when he went on his rampage to be complaining about HIS rights being violated. Brevik lost his rights when he was sentenced to prison for deciding that people who didn't share his racist, xenophobic, and Islamaphobic views deserved to die.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Im not sure why anyone should care what he says...

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 02:28 AM ----------

Also, isnt the whole purpose of the Mail to get people riled up about inane things. Like Fox News.

Deleted
    leave the man alone you commies

I must've missed how he only got a 21 year sentence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Send him to America. We'll stick him in one of our prisons for a year or two. He'll be begging to go back to your prisons within a week.
    ^This so much.
    A 21 year sentence though? That is not nearly a long enough punishment based on how many people he's killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    They cant give more in Norway. But at the end of the 21 years they need to evaluate him. If they dont find that he should be let out, which is a certainty, he will be kept for 5 years, then they have to evaluate him again. And they can, and will, continue keeping him locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    I heard somewhere that its the highest punishment in norway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alric View Post
    That's because its a misunderstood statement, yet people have held onto it as a symbol of injustice.

Its just how the system works there, they revisit cases every 21 years for max sentences, and if it is people like this guy, they put him away for another 21 years, repeating until hes dead.

It isn't only a one 21 year sentence. So stop saying that sh*t OP. It shows ignorance into the facts of the case that you are trying to sensationalize.

Americans thing they are so great and just
    The norwegian way although not perfect is 10 times better than the American way, give a man consquitive life sentences and throw him with the animals to become an even worse neanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure that the 21 years sentence is basically a nice way to say "life in prison". As others have pointed the Norwegian system allow for people like him to be kept for life in prison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird that he suddenly cares about human rights.

Deleted
    i think we should just stop giving him attention.

or send him to a prison somewhere else, im sure it wont be long before he wants to back to Norway.

Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    Americans thing they are so great and just
    The norwegian way although not perfect is 10 times better than the American way, give a man consquitive life sentences and throw him with the animals to become an even worse neanderthal
    First off, way to generalize an entire country while still maintaining your perceived moral high ground. Good effort.

Second, a homicidal sociopath isn't going to 'get worse'. The very idea is laughable. How is he going to get worse? Do you care to explain? No? Alright, then.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Well, they could always just put him to death.

That way both sides benefit: He wouldn't have to suffer the conditions of Norwegian prison, and the world wouldn't have to suffer his existence.

Put him in an American prison, it's nearly as bad as it gets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    First off, way to generalize an entire country while still maintaining your perceived moral high ground. Good effort.

Second, a homicidal sociopath isn't going to 'get worse'. The very idea is laughable. How is he going to get worse? Do you care to explain? No? Alright, then.
    Are you asking questions to asnwer them for me or shall i even try ?
    it is the same principle as a guy doing time over theft murder or arson, just caus he done it once he can still rehabilitate but in america and latin america that is impossible, they become that much hardneed and vicious
    He is not a serial killer, he actually believed what he was doing was right, and by the standards of old it was patriotism
    and who knows ..people might thank him in 2080 ..considering how things are going about in countries like france that time might come sonner..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    Put him in an American prison, it's nearly as bad as it gets.
    I bet you don't know much about russian's prisons. American are kindergartens compared to these labor camps.

And i LOVE Breivik - he clearly shows how this "liberal humane western society" fails since it is ok for mass murder to LIVE while NOT WORK, be able to ORDER PROSTITUTES, have INTERNET and PERSONAL GYM.