Page 1 of 2
LastLast

for tanks what is your harder boss in MV

i will start i am really really facing a big problem with the stone guard yes i know he the first boss but for me as a tank he is the harder one i killed the other 5 so easy from the first try this week but in stone guard we wipe 4 time before we killed him

Deleted
    i only have problems with feng, that's pretty much it.

For me it would have to be Elegon but that would be because I have to raid lead as well as Tank. So calling stuff out, Picking up protectors, and making sure that my active mitigation's are all up (I am a monk tank) makes that fight very interesting for me. The pay off for me is that I managed to pull 94k dps while doing all of this which makes me smile.

94k as a tank ... i am a noob

There isn't anything really hard for Tanks... At most Stone Guard is the most "confusing", but even that is simple when you know what to do. Though I still have to call it out for our tanks apparently. -_-"

Quote Originally Posted by Minaa View Post
    That number depends on a lot of things. For one I am constantly getting hit by elegon and protectors so vengeance never drops. I time keg smash to hit 2 sparks and elegon during that phase. I pop xuen on CD and he does a lot of dmg everytime he's up. I looked at WoL's and saw a monk tank do 124k dps on elegon.

Stone guard really wasn't that hard for me, I understood it fairly quickly and would just say to the other tank "If yours goes off taunt *Whichever dog is petrifying at the time*" That was after the initial pull and they were all stagger'd.

speaking of normal mode here
    probably stone guard because I have to call out the taunts and I am really not good at the whole leading thingy (there is a reason I never was and never want to be a raid leader ^^)
    kinda depends on what way you are taunting, the 1 main tank that always has 2 dogs strategy is harder than the one where both tanks get to tank 2 dogs depending on whose is petrifying

Eeeh, hardest fight as tank...

I can't say i find any of them hard, but if i had to pick it would be Gara'jal Hc. It's not 'difficult', it's having to pay attention to 2 linked people that take the damage ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Minaa View Post
    Vengeance+increased damage done+increased damage taken on boss+being a Brewmaster, so; no worries.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. Well, talking soley from Normal (I havent full cleared Heroic yet, so Ill leave that out), this is my opinion having tanked all the bosses.

Stone Guards - Arguably the hardest to learn, but once you and the other tank know it well, its one shot material provided you dont get a lame combo that durps your dps/healers.
    Feng - Really very easy. On normal you really don't need to have lightning fists to interupt the second/fourth epicenters either.
    Garajal - Easy to the point of being boring, just bust DR CD's to prevent your group being stomped by Voodoo, then smash a few mobs in the spirit realm rinse repeat.
    Spirit Kings - Easiest boss to tank in the instance. I shouldn't have to explain why.
    Elegon - Can actually be a bit rough the first few times. Learning the exact right time to drag a protector out of the circle so it doesnt wipe your raid but also still takes damage can take a little bit of practice to perfect. Apart from that its a matter of rotating CD's to deal with celestial breath when MT'ing.
    Will of the Emp - Easily the funnest fight to tank in the expansion so far. The whole fight pretty much consists of using minor CD's in between dances, and then major CD's during titan gas. The dancing bit is very fun, and competing with my other tank for the most Overwhelming strikes each week is always fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Will of the Emp - Easily the funnest fight to tank in the expansion so far. The whole fight pretty much consists of using minor CD's in between dances, and then major CD's during titan gas. The dancing bit is very fun, and competing with my other tank for the most Overwhelming strikes each week is always fun.
    you right i love the dancing here and i play the same game with the other tank too

I'd say stone guard, just because it can be a little confusing when to taunt what, and feng if you're doing the cloning thing though even that isn't very hard after a couple of tries getting used to it.

All the other are basically just place the mob where it should be standing, mitigate damage taken at the right moments, and don't get hit by stupid shit. More of the same thing that good tanks are always doing, and shouldn't take any getting your head around, by doing the fights themselves, to understand how to do.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Spirit Kings.
    Nothing else comes even remotely close.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    its not really a problem of "hard" everyone has diffferent gear & heal setups

Deleted
    For tanking nothing is rly hard, just pay normal attention and that's enough. Tanks just stand there and do their stuff. I wouldt call it hard, maybe the dance at last boss on a bad computer, dunno.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't done Heroic Will yet (pull it on Sunday/Monday) but Spirit Kings has been the worst so far.

You have to communicate where you're moving with Qiang up very quickly or you will get yourself/someone else killed during a flanking order. Ping ponging Meng during high periods of rage. Lots of interrupting on Zian and Meng, along with constant movement for flanking orders for the entire fight.

Fights a mess really. High and precise movement, CDs being rotated, along with stuns and interrupts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Oh yeah. Best fight for tanks in a very very long time in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of the ones I've done, probably Stone Guards. They aren't hard as much as they're confusing though. Or maybe it's just our tactic which is silly and putting a whole lot more strain on the tanks.

Deleted
    Spirit Kings is what I'd say is the hardest. The other bosses haven't got the "you have to be awake 100% of the time" factor in them, really. Will of the Emperor is by far the most fun, but not really hard to dodge the strikes, as a paladin at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    There isn't anything really hard for Tanks... At most Stone Guard is the most "confusing", but even that is simple when you know what to do. Though I still have to call it out for our tanks apparently. -_-"
    I have to call out every single taunt for my OT and tell him exactly what to taunt, as well as avoid everything, keep my active mitigation up and semi-raid lead.

It's the only thing that makes the fight confusing, especially in Heroic. Every other fight is a joke to tank.

Deleted
    Either Elegon or Will of the Emperor. The dancing on Will was kinda hard at first. Other than stone guards and those 2 the other 3 are pretty easy as a tank.