Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

So, after comming back for the 10 day MoP trial after 2 years away...

I can honestly say that the communities general competence has drastically dropped since I last played.

Virtually every single person I have done LFD with has been an idiot.

Skipping easily skippable trash is virtually impossible
    If you don't have self heals as a tank god help you
    Can be Tank or Healer doesn't matter you will be the groups top DPS
    God help you if you try to DPS as a healer, with everyone at full hp, because your group will bitch at you for not healing.
    After a 2 year break a hazy recollection of of the dungeons before cata were is still be best guide you will have in the group
    And you better just ignore chat because some of the things that get said... "The less you are armored the more agro you get, cloth can't skip that group"

All my friends are gone, so I'm forced to pug everything and this does not make me look forward to LFRs...
    Last edited by Mercarcher; 2012-11-10 at 02:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    God help you if you try to DPS as a healer, with everyone at full hp, because your group will bitch at you for not healing.
    lololol

Like being a Holy paladin at level 30 all over again. Be the tank, healer AND DPS in a dungeon!
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    I can honestly say that the communities generally competence has drastically dropped since I last played.
    Your LFR groups aren't a fair statistical sample of the community, as you never see elite 5-man guild runs.

/thread
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

"The less you are armored the more agro you get, cloth can't skip that group"
    That's almost as good as the group kicking the rogue because he wouldn't poison the tank's weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    That's almost as good as the group kicking the rogue because he wouldn't poison the tank's weapon.
    Or kicking Priests because they can't make food for the group.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Your LFR groups aren't a fair statistical sample of the community, as you never see elite 5-man guild runs.

/thread
    Pretty sure he was specifically speaking about the "general community". Obviously, "elite 5-man guild runs" do not fall under this category.

Anyways, I agree with you OP.

Deleted
    I so want to reply on your post about beeing top DPS. How much DPS are you kicking out on bossfights? Less then mines... I challange you. It tough is the case in lower dungeons, simply because Prot Warriors or Monks have silly AoE.

The community has become crap yes, it has always been crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    As friends start leaving the game it is just too hard and rare to meet new people in the game who are actually just plain nice people..
    Not had a single no drama/emo rage pug in about a year.
    Guild exlcuding as my guild are actually all decent people I only have 4 friends left who play the game, If they quit I will to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    lololol

Like being a Holy paladin at level 30 all over again. Be the tank, healer AND DPS in a dungeon!
    be all you can be!

Yeah I only do stuff with my guild now, people seem to be getting worse.

I am leveling as a tank atm, and in dungeons... wow, I am amazed people even get to level 90

Use your self heals and active mitigation, because that's how it all works now.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's unreal, I know. In Shado Pan Monastery there are 2 trash mobs that you can skip, saving about 10 minutes of your time depending on how bad the group is. All you have to do is jump through the rungs, off the side of a bridge. For over half the people I group with, that's too complicated. Every single time they end up trying to run around the bridge, right through the pack of mobs clearly right in front of them, aggroing, and often wiping the group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    As friends start leaving the game it is just too hard and rare to meet new people in the game who are actually just plain nice people..
    Not had a single no drama/emo rage pug in about a year.
    Guild exlcuding as my guild are actually all decent people I only have 4 friends left who play the game, If they quit I will to.
    I think most players are only playing because of friends who are hanging together. I'm 1-2 leave the group falls apart.

You can practically solo these dungeons, and you're complaining about the groups? You wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes in Vanilla, before custom UI's, Wowhead and Youtube.

If you want to have a raiding community, *like in the old day's* forget that, thanks to the 10 men's group.
    Even for the duneons, there's no use to do this after a week
    MoP is about daily's, not raiding or doing dungeons like Wrath or BC ( or Cata was about sitting in capital city and wait for something)

10+ Year Old Account
    Trash - I don't care about.
    The dungeons are super fast. I almost fall asleep tanking them.
    Only a few mechanics are actually interesting.

Top DPS at lv90 Guardian, though Vengeance is pretty strong.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Every LFD I get all the dps says they're lagging. That explains the 15-20k dps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only 2 years, and you're surprised to come back to a game that's exactly the same way it was when you left? What is point of post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um hate to burst your hate bubble OP but...the game has always been like this. You just haven't noticed it at much because LFD/LFR has not been around the whole time. If you are so much better then everyone else...run it with a premade group where you can tackle the harders instances together, oh wait thats called a guild.

I can honestly say that the communities general competence has drastically dropped since I last played.

Virtually every single person I have done LFD with has been an idiot.

Skipping easily skippable trash is virtually impossible
    After a 2 year break a hazy recollection of of the dungeons before cata were is still be best guide you will have in the group
    And you better just ignore chat because some of the things that get said... "The less you are armored the more agro you get, cloth can't skip that group"

All my friends are gone, so I'm forced to pug everything and this does not make me look forward to LFRs...
    Since MoP released I have seen virtually none of this. At the moment my Monk tank's AOE dps is a little over the top so I tend to top damage through an entire run but apart from that I have not come into any of the problems that you listed whilst running LFD. You have had either extremely bad luck or are lying to try and make MoP/Community look bad.