Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    Skipping easily skippable trash is virtually impossible
    As a tank I will always lead the way around the two skippable trash packs at the end of Shado-Pan Monastery. Someone still always manages to plant their face right in the middle of the pack while we're all yards away.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    It's unreal, I know. In Shado Pan Monastery there are 2 trash mobs that you can skip, saving about 10 minutes of your time depending on how bad the group is. All you have to do is jump through the rungs, off the side of a bridge. For over half the people I group with, that's too complicated. Every single time they end up trying to run around the bridge, right through the pack of mobs clearly right in front of them, aggroing, and often wiping the group.
    Thats why, as a tank, i never even attempt to skip something...aoe stuff down takes 1-2 minutes...no time to waste 5 minutes to explain everyone how to get past them only to have someone aggroing. Esp trash near boss fights..someone will always pull it into the fight.
    No need to stress myself.
    Only trash i constantly skip is the one in shado where you can mount up before having to fight them..and even there someone managed to pull them into the event that starts after you enter the monestry again*sigh*

Meh, dps are just there to fill spots in LFD, dont actually need them to finish so if they pull something and die, oh well. Sometimes you do get that pretty good player though and it helps a bit to go that much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Meh, dps are just there to fill spots in LFD, dont actually need them to finish so if they pull something and die, oh well. Sometimes you do get that pretty good player though and it helps a bit to go that much faster.
    I cant let people die. I know i should but i still feel that i failed as tank if someone dies so i rescue them...ya..iam that one in a thousand nice player you meet in lfd.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Hunter I am usually top or second DPS. But I can definitely see where you are coming from with the low DPS from people. I get people doing the same DPS they were doing in WotLK. It's sad. I try to stick to guild runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    I cant let people die. I know i should but i still feel that i failed as tank if someone dies so i rescue them...ya..iam that one in a thousand nice player you meet in lfd.
    Its really not that bad usually, but I have had the odd dps here and there that pulls extra packs and wonder why he is dead and not getting a rez. Normally though I chainpull 2-3 packs a time so they dont really ever get to fuck up.

Deleted
    Man, the eu spanish community must be like super mature and awesome because I havent been in groups like that. And I'm a healer who likes dpsing when everyone's full HP and NOBODY has said anything to me ever. All those LFR/LFD Horror stories are like fiction to me.

Deleted
    In MoP, normal mode raids are entirely out of reach of the average guild. Casuals have been thrown a bone in the form of LFR, but it's terribly flawed.
    MV is decent and can actually be pugged easily if you have a bit of luck. HoF is utterly shit even for guilds. Can't remember a raid with such a high number of stupid/useless mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Your LFR groups aren't a fair statistical sample of the community, as you never see elite 5-man guild runs.

/thread
    I wipe more with full guild runs than I ever do in lfd. Haha, that's because we do crazy stupid shit to each other since we all know each other. Its kinda like a game of "how many times can I kill our group"

Deleted
    I agree with you OP, the majority of the community sucks, but that majority are usualy ppl who haven't reached level cap or are leveling an alt. yesterday i got kicked at last boss because healer made me die twice, but most ppl on my server (Twisting Nether EU- Horde) and in my guild are experienced and patient people.

My experience has been more bad players and afk'ers than actually rude people. The frustrating thing for me is although I try pretty hard to get along with/help everyone, I always seem to have a 4 hour kick timer on the few times when I'd really like to deal with a real problem child or afk'er. I'm really not sure why since I run 2-3 LFR's and 10+ heroics every week and use/participate in at max 1-2 votekicks a week.

It's honestly not that bad now in my opinion. Raid Finder is suitably challenging for a player like me who balances maintaining a house with university work, and by and large classes seem to work well (Rogue especially is very fun in PvP, getting 50k-60k+ DPS as assassination while others only get around 30k-40k, despite their supposed poor performance in PvP).

Only think I don't like is the daily system for ALL gear. Gear should be available solely through Justice Points, no reps required; reputations should instead contribute to the aesthetic rewards such as the mounts/transmogrification items of most factions and so on. They get really monotonous after a while.