I used to play WoW on two accounts, I shut down one account before Wotlk even came out so it was shut off in late BC. The other account I kept playing on when wotlk came out, I bought the expac (wotlk) and played it for about a month then quit altogether. Lately I've been playing on a trial and have gotten all these nostalgic urges to play once more and get my old toons back.
I plan on only focusing on one account this time so I will probably merge my 2 accounts into one and scrap the other. Most likely keep the wotlk updated account, transfer over my toons from the BC account and then cancel it to focus on just the wotlk one. I will buy the newer expacs to get updated also but before all that I have some questions....
1. How would I go about reactivating my accounts after years of not playing them? As I don't even remember the Passwords, they are probably buried somewhere in my e-mail.
2. I know Blizz does all it's accounts through battlenet now and as I recall I never used a battlenet account for my old accounts so would I have to create a battlenet account to play again? Will my old wow accounts be automatically linked to the new bnet one?
3. There's been a lot of patches and 2 new expacs since I quit playing so will everything just automatically update once I install the newer expacs? (I'm not very tech savvy)
4. Above all, this is what I am really curious about, will all my old toons still have everything I left them with? all their gear, gold, mounts, Titles ect, will that all still be there once I return? Will they be in the exact location I left them parked at when I logged off for the last time all those years back? (I still remember for a few lol)
5. Will my level 1 name-holder toons still be there also? I know I had a few of those.
That's about it, I would appreciate some input.