pick a role play that role

if your a tank you take damage not deal it if your a healer u heal not do damage the only damage should come from the dps

ummm ok. I'll pick a healer.

Wait, what? I assume the OP is talking about Tanks and Healers out DPSing him or something? o.O

Either way, inb4lock.

Not sure what the OP's saying, but yeah. DDs should damage, Tanks should take it and Healers should heal.

Screw Vengeance.

I thought this was going to be like some forum RPG where we pick a role and play it out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishman89 View Post
    if your a tank you take damage not deal it if your a healer u heal not do damage the only damage should come from the dps
    Everyone works together to achieve a goal. Dps just dps is not a good idea to me.

Not sure what OP is getting at here.

A. If he's complaining about people queuing for certain roles in lfr but then performing another role, such as someone queuing as heals for a short wait but then being in dps spec, I agree with him.

B. If he means that tanks and dps shouldn't have healing abilities in pvp, I agree to an extent that a lot of off heals are too good, such as boomkins, but don't think they should be removed just toned down. Same with tanks and healers doing damage, it shouldn't compete with DD dps but I don't see why they can't do a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I thought this was going to be like some forum RPG where we pick a role and play it out
    Same here, didnt realize OP was upset he was getting out AoE'd by the tanks or out dps'd by the healer (he's prolly doing somethin wrong)

Deleted
    On my monk i do plenty dps while healing and i love it

So if everyone is at full health and the healer is at full mana, the healer should just stand there with their thumb up their ass?

And if the tank is doing too much damage on a trash pull, he should just stop attacking so he doesn't do more damage than the DPS?

Sounds like someone just got out-DPS'd by a tank. Get used to seeing that, buddy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishman89 View Post
    If MoP was like Cata in January, 2011...I would be tanking, healing and DPSing...at once.

Tanks rush in like in WotLK expecting the same amount of heals, and there's no mana anymore for that type of healing...and Holy Light would do crap for that amount of damage. Pumping away with FoL heals to try to save them, resorts to 10k mana cycle healing...and they STILL died. So, I had to heal a ranged DPS be it a mage or hunter while trying to keep the boss/mob off of them, and somehow in all of that, get some pitiful 1k DPS in.

I did freaking everything.

So no, if it's anything like Cata a month after release, a healer might be ALL THREE!
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Tanks should take damage, heal themselves if it is not at the expense of reducing their damage taken and try to maximise their DPS after those two.
    Healers should heal damage and do DPS if their mana permits and there is no healing to do.
    DPS should do damage and heal themselves if it does not cause a great decrease in their damage and heal others during periods of excessive damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Everyone works together to achieve a goal. Dps just dps is not a good idea to me.
    This totally I'm dps primarily, but if I'm in a group and the healers struggling or got caught off guard, I'll heal for a bit till the healer gets it under control again, or if the runs going messy, and the healer dies, I'll heal till I can get the healer back up (if CR is of cooldown) same if I'm on my healing toons, If the runs going smoothly and not taking much damage, why wouldn't I dps? Saves standing about twiddling my thumbs in between heals ..

Group effort!

Deleted
    If I could queue for dungeons with just a healer and myself as tank I would. DPS can go sit in the corner and stay out of the way for all I care. Damn those pesky enrage timers.

10+ Year Old Account
    No no, you're all wrong. On my hunter, I pull out the tanking moth, Misdirect to the healer, multishot a bunch of adds and FD. Or shadowmeld.

Sheesh, kids...

10+ Year Old Account
    I will fistweave, and you will accept it, or you can leave/get kicked!

I somewhat agree with what OP has said, if I have interpreted this correctly.

The amount of self-healing tanks/dps can do at the moment is ridiculous, for example, the challenge modes being completed without a healer. Though I am quite biased due to hating to dps/tank so I love to heal and I would prefer to not have to dps to be the most effective healer I can be, eg. Monk fist-weaving.

Just my 2cents

Sorry but If I'm healing and I can afford to dps I will. If I'm dpsing and shit hits the fan I'm going to help heal If doing so will prevent a wipe.

---------- Post added 2012-11-09 at 11:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    No no, you're all wrong. On my hunter, I pull out the tanking moth, Misdirect to the healer, multishot a bunch of adds and FD. Or shadowmeld.

Sheesh, kids...
    Ya and If I was on my Priest I would use the Fade ability and heal you so that the adds take you down with me.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-11-10 at 05:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The DPS's I see are usually terrible.
    I'm glad I have Vengeance and it allows me to cater for the lowbie dps.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    I did outdpsed many "true" dpses with my disc priest while leveling in dungeons. It's just a game mechanics, would be bad not use it and not helping a group to beat monters faster.