Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,269

    Season 3 / Preseason Item thread

    So, Riot has finally got around to releasing some juicy details about specific items, and has hinted at others. The purpose of this thread is to discuss the items that have been confirmed, and the ones that will be confirmed. I will be updating this thread with new items as they are released by Riot. Red posts are embedded into the item, so you can find the exact information that Riot has released for all of these.

    SO MANY NEW ITEMS I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO

    Items with release/tenative information:

    Tears/Archangel's/Seraph's Embrace
    Reworked Spirit Visage
    Spirit Stone
    Black Cleaver
    Eleisa's Miracle
    Phantom Dancer
    Quick Silver Sash
    Tiamat/Ravenous Hydra
    Runaan’s Hurricane

    Removed items:

    Force of Nature
    Thornmail
    Heart of Gold
    Meki Pendant
    Rejuvination Bead
    Madred's Bloodrazer
    Ionic Spark



    Items mentioned but not fully explained:

    Possible Manamune upgrade
    Statikk Shiv
    Tiamat

    Hunter's Hatchet
    Locket of the Iron Solari


    Items new to Summoner's Rift, but currently in other game modes:

    Blade of the Ruined King
    Wicked Hatchet



    Personally I am really excited about the Black Cleaver change. It seems like it will be a much more useful item on a lot more champions. I'm looking forward to seeing what other items Riot introduces. It's become quite obvious with the announcements in the past few days that Riot is really overhauling the game. I'm curious as to what the Statikk shiv is going to be also. I suspect it's going to be a jungling item as it is named after the guy who did the jungling post, but it's impossible to know at this point. Also kind of sad to see ionic spark go. It wasn't really the best item, but it shot lightning.

    So post your thoughts about the new items!

    edit: added info about PD, Locket and QSS
    Last edited by Isrozzis; 2012-11-16 at 03:59 AM. Reason: items

  2. #2
    Buffing Tiamat and removing Madred's. I would really love to see this Tiamat buff.
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?

  3. #3
    The Patient derp singed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    in the League of Draven
    Posts
    225
    Seraaph's Embrace looks sick! My Ryze is goin to be invincible. Too sad he does not fit in the current meta that well.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by derp singed View Post
    Seraaph's Embrace looks sick! My Ryze is goin to be invincible. Too sad he does not fit in the current meta that well.
    Pretty sure Draven didn't either until Aphroomoo showed the world otherwise.
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?

  5. #5
    The Patient derp singed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    in the League of Draven
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Pretty sure Draven didn't either until Aphroomoo showed the world otherwise.
    Wouldnt say that like that actually. But i guess that different opinions are different, right?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by derp singed View Post
    Wouldnt say that like that actually. But i guess that different opinions are different, right?
    Well he wasn't mainstream at least beforehand. I play on EUNE and I've seen more of him since Aphroomoo played him. He's actually an amazing champion, just extremely hard to learn from what I've heard.
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?

  7. #7
    I really like Blade of the Ruined King in the new TT. It's pretty great for a top laner or jungler, imo.

    Would like that item in SR.

    However, I wonder what will replace HoG.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I really like Blade of the Ruined King in the new TT. It's pretty great for a top laner or jungler, imo.

    Would like that item in SR.

    However, I wonder what will replace HoG.
    I'm not sure if anything will or if something does it's gp5 but will less or no health on it and something different stat wise.
    The Runaway. I love my new nickname. Is there a picture of me? Does it look good?

  9. #9
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I really like Blade of the Ruined King in the new TT. It's pretty great for a top laner or jungler, imo.

    Would like that item in SR.

    However, I wonder what will replace HoG.
    That's one thing I'm really curious about. It was not uncommon to see a HoG on at least three peoe of a team in some games, so I'm curious as to what it's being replaced with. The spirits gone seems to give a little less health for a little less money, but it was also hinted at that it had an upgrade. I doubt that it is going to be the new HoG since it seems to intended for supports, but just looking at the base cost and stats, it is similar.

  10. #10
    I don't think they stated that Thornmail would be removed from Summoner's Rift, did they? I have heard that they're removing it from Twisted Treeline however.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    That's one thing I'm really curious about. It was not uncommon to see a HoG on at least three peoe of a team in some games, so I'm curious as to what it's being replaced with. The spirits gone seems to give a little less health for a little less money, but it was also hinted at that it had an upgrade. I doubt that it is going to be the new HoG since it seems to intended for supports, but just looking at the base cost and stats, it is similar.
    I tend to use HoG on a lot of the junglers I run. However, looking at the jungle preview on the off. forums it seems they are adding more gold/per jungle creep. Not sure how much overall. However, that doesn't really solve the survivability HoG brought with it in addition to gp.

    I can see why Riot thought HoG was detrimental to laning champs. And if the new build paths for gp10s are viable on many champs this could be a quality change. But looks like we'll have to see how the jungle shakes out now that defense + gp10 item slot is gone for those tanky junglers.

    It is odd. In a way we have lots of info of the s3 changes but not enough. :s

  12. #12
    Moderator Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Elchea Library
    Posts
    3,600
    The HoG change seems so odd, because now mana-less champs don't have a GP10 to build unless they go damage. How many Mundo's or Shen's would ever buy Philo, Kage's, or Avarice Blade?

    Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

    Steam | Twitter

    LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    How many Shen's would ever buy Philo, Kage's
    *raises hand*

    I normally buy Philo with HOG, but if I have to recall early I'll grab Kage's.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

    When arguing online I like to use big words. Because by the time they're done googling it, they have forgotten what their point was.

  14. #14
    Moderator Axethor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Elchea Library
    Posts
    3,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    *raises hand*

    I normally buy Philo with HOG, but if I have to recall early I'll grab Kage's.
    Wasted mana regen on philo, so wasted gold, and he gets more damage from AS or health than AP.

    Axethor - level 90 UH/Blood DK
    Raelof - level 90 BM Hunter

    Steam | Twitter

    LoL Forum Mod | General Forum FAQ

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Wasted mana regen on philo, so wasted gold, and he gets more damage from AS or health than AP.
    I've never had a problem building either, and I have never been slowed down building them.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

    When arguing online I like to use big words. Because by the time they're done googling it, they have forgotten what their point was.

  16. #16
    Wait. I don't understand. Why would you build mana regen via philo on Shen?

    What do you even transition to? Elesia or Shurelias? I don't see either as beneficial to a Shen. It's totally wasted stats and sub optimal stats for a Shen.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 02:11 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    The HoG change seems so odd, because now mana-less champs don't have a GP10 to build unless they go damage. How many Mundo's or Shen's would ever buy Philo, Kage's, or Avarice Blade?
    I was thinking Avarice Blade might be changed in some way. But I haven't seen any mention of a stat change to Avarice Blade on the forums.

    Perhaps an AS/AD change for Avarice Blade? Could be nice but again I am not sure on all the build paths in s3.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-11-10 at 06:12 PM.

  17. #17
    Yes I see your point, build Philo Stone into Shurelias which has health, health regen, cdr, and a 1 min speed boost to catch or escape for the whole team is a bad item for Shen just because it has mana regen. 1 bad stat does not make an item bad.

    Can we not sit here and argue about how each other plays Shen? I use Philo/Kage's and HOG on my Shen and you don't. It doesn't matter. I probably build several champions different then you, cause it's my playstyle.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

    When arguing online I like to use big words. Because by the time they're done googling it, they have forgotten what their point was.

  18. #18
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,452
    I don't no if i like or dislike the changes, they will freshen it up for sure, but I can't help but think a removal of both IE and RDC, would add far more item choices that any other addition could, those 2 items and just to good and they are the main reason ADC and APC are so strong. You need those 2 items no matter what, all others can be left or changed for a different item, but never those, no build can be effective without them, they just feel to strong, they have no trade offs, there insane damage on roles built around damage.

    But anyway I like this in general, apart from removing force of nature QQ, sure it was borderline useless over all by the time you got it, with it tending to be a last item and at that stage the ADC is fully built, but still a fun item:P

  19. #19
    Yes I see your point, build Philo Stone into Shurelias which has health, health regen, cdr, and a 1 min speed boost to catch or escape for the whole team is a bad item for Shen just because it has mana regen. 1 bad stat does not make an item bad.

    Can we not sit here and argue about how each other plays Shen? I use Philo/Kage's and HOG on my Shen and you don't. It doesn't matter. I probably build several champions different then you, cause it's my playstyle.
    Simply trying to understand the thought process in choosing that item when Randuin's, Ionic Spark or Zekes are available. Kage's Lucky Pick even has efficient stat conversion to Shen.

    It's a valid follow up question. Not reason for defensiveness.

  20. #20
    Stood in the Fire Cyphran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SK
    Posts
    361
    Elesia's Miracle looks odd.

    Gain three levels, get the effects permanently and the item disappears <.< >.>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •