Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    If you're running Subterfuge, try:
    Cheap Shot
    Garotte
    Ambush
    Kidney Shot (5CP).
    This is mostly true. First of all, my list would have been for double dps, cheap shotting both and then going into a kidney on the second to get cheap shotted (obviously redirect as well). This order works well for two spell casters. However, I don't understand why you use ambush? It has a lower poison proc chance, can't trigger Dispatch, and is horrifically expensive without shadow focus. Yes, it does hit hard, but not as hard as the extra poison and occasional dispatch proc will while giving the same number of combo points.

Also, this order is mostly for when you have either failed to sap (for whatever reason) or when you sap healer, open on dps with cheap, then return to healer with garrotte/cheap (I kinda like cheap as I will put rupture up and benefit from no running away. I feel we have plenty of interupts as is with kick, gouge, and kidney).

---------- Post added 2012-11-12 at 11:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    40+45+60=145 Energy consumed. Even if you start out with a full energy bar increased to 110 by PvP gear you will be next to completely drained for the duration that kidney shot has. A very bad move.

Even better still, to be able to do that kidney shot you need 170 energy. Starting out with 110 even if you get 10% haste the amount of energy you gain in a glyphed kidney shot only equals to 55. Meaning your target will be having control of his character before you can cast the KS.
    While I do agree this is a little energy heavy, keep in mind that Muta gets 20 extra energy right off the bat. Assassin's Resolve

Back on "topic" rogue abilities are a bit energy heavy in pvp imo. Basically, we spend most if not all of our time generating cps in order to use utility moves such as Kidney shot. While this is OK in that we do excellent passive damage through our auto attack+poisons while making our opponent's life miserable, it still doesn't feel quite right to sit on combo points all the time so we can get a clutch deadly throw or KS off. Very effective all the same...

how did my shitty sarcastic post turn into this? lol

Deleted
    Rogue uses energy for everything, even finishers, which monks does not. Altså, monk have more energy regen than rogues and use chi. Thats why spear hand still cost 30 energy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust45 View Post
    While I do agree this is a little energy heavy, keep in mind that Muta gets 20 extra energy right off the bat. Assassin's Resolve
    But nobody sane plays mutilate in PvP -_-'

*raises hand in fear...

Honestly, sub vs. muta (and maybe even combat...O_o) is more of a comp and team setup question. With a need for super burst, sub will be better. However, if you run with a healer/off-healer or high burst dps, I find muta preferable. Better sustained damage, better poison applications (great with paralytic), and awesome energy with multi rupture/garotte.

Finally, I find myself holding back on my burst in favor of control for the first half of the arena (2v2). As such, Muta can put up big buffs and debuffs, vanish, pool energy, and then nuke face after they waste their cds in the anticipation of burst which never came. Obviously, this requires that you watch their buffs closely.

Also, muta is MUCH stronger against armor classes (looking at you, warriors) due to spell damage. While find weakness can also help with this, I just don't find myself able to freely shadow dance enough and switched to muta. Haven't looked back since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    But nobody sane plays mutilate in PvP -_-'
    But, I play Combat in PvP!
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Selonthyx View Post
    Rogue uses energy for everything, even finishers, which monks does not. Altså, monk have more energy regen than rogues and use chi. Thats why spear hand still cost 30 energy
    Jk spear hand costs 10 now....

I'd honestly chalk this season up to be just as bad as S5. It's not that rogues are bad. It's that warriors and hunters are just so much better. Wait nvm rogues are bad; I realized this when I saw the feral toolkit (more burst, control, anti-control, mobility and survivability).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

While spear hand costing 30 was fine given what energy means to monks, it being down to 10 really means that it shouldn't have the 5 second lockout (not that it ever should have- we were JUST told that was the only thing rogues get on kick, and immediately the monks get that).

GC says that everyone has better versions of stuff rogues have. And the fix is....

nothing?