Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    It's kind of hard to judge without actually having a photo but whatever you do, don't go 3. You don't want to have a shaved head, it just lets other things about you show more... Which obviously works for a tall, muscular guy and doesn't for a vast majority of men.

As far as the longer hair thing goes... Seems to me that it really isn't too common these days, people mostly abandoned it. Or maybe I am just among a different kind of people. I just abandoned a haircut like that after almost 4 years. Seems weird to suddenly have like 1 inch hair, nothing on my ears etc... But it sure is comfortable.

So I would go 2. As far as the beard, I would just shave it all off tbh.

Deleted
    I agree with the others, hard to say without a picture.

But based on the information provided in this topic, everything off!
    Fresh clean start celebrating your new lifestyle. Start blanc, the rest will come.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Lol it's funny how I briefly thought of you when I wrote that.
    Haha I was sensing a personal bait there! *tips hat for ze compliments*

Hmm, well lots of opinions, but seems pretty evenly mixed. I suppose it *would* be more helpful to post a picture but... ehh, I've learned that the interwebz can be a pretty rough environment, and would prefer not to invite *too* many comments :P

After some consideration, I think I'm probably going to take Option #1 off of the table for now. I wear glasses, and it can be kind of uncomfortable when the hair gets behind my glasses, brushing against my eyes. I think if I was already at a good weight, it would be a good look, but since I'm heavy, I get the feeling it probably just looks more "lazy" or "sloppy".

That said, it sounds like something a bit messier might still be the way to go. Maybe something like this?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_f09YP6bu4V...+Hairstyle.jpg

...but maybe a little shorter? I definitely like to keep my hair a little messier, since I've never liked it to look too groomed.

On the topic of facial-hair, because my hair *is* red, I'm starting to lean away from facial-hair. It's a shame, because I've always thought every guy just "should" have facial-hair, but I think I'm just fighting a losing battle by trying to grow mine out. That is, unless I tried dyeing my hair a darker color, which is something I've been considering... I'd probably wait until I was closer to goal, though.

Also, I should've mentioned; I'm 24, so I don't want anything that'll look too crazy. I'm not quite in "old man-mode" yet, but I definitely want something a little more professional I think. My main goal is just looking attractive, but I don't want to be "that guy" who's trying too hard.

Try for something like Sheamus from WWE wrestling. He's a ginger, but not overweight. Though if you go for the facial hair, leave a bit more than he does. For reference, here's a pic of him: http://worldtenz.net/wp-content/uplo...heamus-wwe.jpg

Honestly, I think facial hair on a dude with hair that color looks awesome. I honestly wish my hair was that color. I also believe that heavy dudes look better with facial hair. But, since we don't have a picture of you, can't really give good opinions on what could possibly look decent on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Try for something like Sheamus from WWE wrestling. He's a ginger, but not overweight. Though if you go for the facial hair, leave a bit more than he does. For reference, here's a pic of him: http://worldtenz.net/wp-content/uplo...heamus-wwe.jpg

Honestly, I think facial hair on a dude with hair that color looks awesome. I honestly wish my hair was that color. I also believe that heavy dudes look better with facial hair. But, since we don't have a picture of you, can't really give good opinions on what could possibly look decent on you.
    Thank God, my hair isn't quite *that* red, lol. It's really more of a "ginger" tone, which is maybe a little more golden. Not ideal or anything, but... well, better than ol' Sheamus :P

Does sound like some facial hair might be better to stick with, though. Probably just a short, rough beard; nothing too "sculpted". Still a little unsure on haircut, though; am I better with something a little messier-looking, or go with something a little more clean-cut? Or, should I consider shaving it entirely, or at least to a close stubble?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Does sound like some facial hair might be better to stick with, though. Probably just a short, rough beard; nothing too "sculpted". Still a little unsure on haircut, though; am I better with something a little messier-looking, or go with something a little more clean-cut? Or, should I consider shaving it entirely, or at least to a close stubble?
    Definitely not too sculpted beard. On the haircut, I wouldn't recommend anything too messy-looking, especially if you go with a full beard that's a total hobo-look then.

I'd go for the second option, if I were you... Sans facial hair, though. Although that really depends on the kind of 'heavy' you are; the way your physique is proportioned. If you've got the proportions for it, though, don't get one of those really short-trimmed beards. Go for full, or don't grow one...

Only really athletic guys get away with the really short beards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Only really athletic guys get away with the really short beards.
    Or the "starving artistic" type of guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Or the "starving artistic" type of guys.
    No; they generally don't get away with anything. Blegh. *shudders*
    Now; athlétic artistic types... Hmm... That sounds more up my alley. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, congratulations on losing some weight! Keep it up

On topic.
    Depends how old you are, if you're young. Early 20s or below, personally I wouldn't go with the bald guy look. Looks better the older you get (Just my opinion) Though that's not a guarantee, depending on what you look like you may be able to pull it off at a younger age.

The first or second option are your best choice in my opinion, this will depend on what you look like with those hair styles though, which I can't really tell. I prefer option 2 but I've seen people who definitely look better (Gingers included) with option 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post

A bit off-topic but... Oh god, I think I just found my raid leader's long lost twin brother

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    *weeps for the loss of a potential red-headed burly viking type*

In all seriousness though - as much as I like long hair on men, you can't really go wrong with short hair, a little messy on top.

As for facial hair... really depends on you. Can go either way, really....
    1) That dude has a f**king awesome beard (see Whitey for example). Or,
    2) Pitying looks at your scrubby bit of bumfluff.

Just do not (and I repeat, do NOT) go for the douchey chin-strap look. Please, for the love of god or kittens or puppies or the flying spaghetti monster.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Deleted
    If you're really fat you should probably do a clean shave. Because although you might not look fit, at least you will look hygienic. You're probably better off with relatively short hair as well.

If I see fat people with beards I automatically assume they 1) don't get any exercise and only eat fast food all day 2) they don't shower and don't take care of themselves.

What would look best really depends on your looks in general. #2 is a pretty safe bet in almost all cases, so I'll recommend that. One of the others may actually end up looking better, but they could also look a LOT worse depending on your features.

Also, congrats on the weight loss, and good luck with continuing it!