Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Any way around the re-spec/glyph bug?

Getting quite annoying to constantly get this bug where you have to /reload every time you want to change a talent or glyph. I have a really slow laptop and just doing a /reload takes me close to 1 min and it's really frustrating to miss ready checks and what not due to it. In Wotlk/Cata I didn't mind it since I'd only change glyphs once in a blue moon but now it's really annoying.

So is there any way to fix this issue through an addon, macro or anything?

Figure out which addon is causing the taint by disabling half your addons and narrowing it down or checking the bugswatter output, then try to get the author to fix it or switch to an alternative addon.

Deleted
    The problem with this one is that it's near impossible for the author to fix. It's an issue with Blizzard's own code.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    The problem with this one is that it's near impossible for the author to fix. It's an issue with Blizzard's own code.
    Presumably they are aware of the issue? Have they said anything about getting it fixed/workarounds/etc?
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Deleted
    I assume they're aware. No workarounds possible for the time being. I hope they'll fix it come 5.1.

Deleted
    They won't fix it. They say it's addon fault. The real reason is messed up UI blizzard code.

using Elvui by any chance?

Deleted
    Never had this problem, doing fine without addons, so I guess the addon tries to do something impossible. (why it is impossible? I don't know, don't even know what is impossible ^^)

I've had lots of addons with this problem and the authors fixed it in updates. If the problem is blizzard code, there must be some workaround.

Deleted
    If it is ElvUI he has stated, not long ago, that he attempted to debug this issue once and for all and is not currently able to do so.

I don't use ElvUI and I get the issue. The little box asking me to Cancel or Disable all Addons tells me that Chatter is often to blame.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

10+ Year Old Account
    Vuhdo is what does it for me.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

prat of all things gives me this bug. how a chat addon can keep me from changing glyphs is amazing.

Deleted
    I do use quite a lot of addons but it seems to be a different one every time which gives the error off. I had a feeling it would be from blizzard's side I just can't believe that this bug is still in the game after years of having it.

I keep getting this error totally randomly with Skada. sometimes I can change glyphs and talaents with no errors and sometimes, when changing 3 in a row, 2 go just fine and third is blocked by Skada for some odd reason.

I'd be curious to see an explanation from someone who genuinely knows what they're talking about, but my highly flawed & probably totally wrong understanding is it has something to do with how many of some sort of data Bliz will let an addon load/define. And that space is potentially shared amongst addons & there is no way to check what's in use currently.

So addon authors can try to be as conservative as possible, and get more conservative if they start seeing regular reports of issues, but they can't actually check what the boundaries are & play within them cos Bliz doesn't provide that data.

But the odds are that I've misunderstood the explanation I was given in the first place & all that's rubbish and/or not applicable to the glyphs+talents issue =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iNexus View Post
    I do use quite a lot of addons but it seems to be a different one every time which gives the error off. I had a feeling it would be from blizzard's side I just can't believe that this bug is still in the game after years of having it.
    It got introduced during the 5.0 patch. They change their UI code too, you know.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-11-11 at 06:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    It got introduced during the 5.0 patch. They change their UI code too, you know.
    How sure are you about that? I think i got the problem for a long time in cata.
    It just wasnt that obvious because you did not change your glyphs that often back then.

I use LUIv3, with a few other addons.

Whenever this error comes up, it is never the same addon it says is at fault.

I've seen it claim Overachiever, SilverDragon, LUI, Bartender, even Recount, as being the faulty addon.

I'm sorry, what?
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Whenever this error comes up, it is never the same addon it says is at fault.
    yea same here. workaround? i use /reload ui and after that i can change em. quite faster then relog