Thread: MOP Soundtrack

MOP Soundtrack

So for all you muso's out there who don't just turn off in game music to play dubstep, how do you feel about the soundtrack for Mists?

I personally think the MOP soundtrack sounds slightly unfinished, many zones tend to culminate into a fade out. The asian themed music while different is a bit unoriginal. I would have more liked to have a higher emphasis on fusion between western fantasy sounds and asian themes.

What i did like was a return to a more ambient style of music in many zones as to draw the player into the world. Unfortunately it doesn't really live up to the Elwynn Forest/Duskwood tier of ambient quality.

Overall, slightly disappointed, then again i'm still not yet 90 and haven't seen all the zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I've really loved it so far. The Hozen track is probably one of the best pieces they done for a single race.

It's definitely a great soundtrack to listen to. I go back and forth between my playlist and in game music so I don't get bored of it too quickly.

I think that the Mists of Pandaria soundtrack is one of Warcraft's best. Contrary to what you believe, I've heard quite a bit of that fusion between western fantasy and asian, although I admit there could be a bit more. It's fitting for Pandaria regardless.

I'm also enjoying hearing more artists. I love Russell Brower and Derek Duke as much as the next guy, but it's nice to hear some variety.

10+ Year Old Account

I say still one of the best, but MoP does have some good ones

I love the soundtrack. The day I picked up my SE box, I had 'Why Do We Fight' and 'Serpent Riders' playing over and over again as I was working. I'm a little bummed though. Some of the new music being patched in with 5.1 one is amazing, but unless we dig around our sound files and run them through some programs to unzip them, we can't actually have them via a soundtrack. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Deleted
    Cata soundtrack was better imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    Cata soundtrack was better imo.
    I respect your opinion, but MAN am I glad I don't have your tastes in music.

I love the soundtrack. The day I picked up my SE box, I had 'Why Do We Fight' and 'Serpent Riders' playing over and over again as I was working. I'm a little bummed though. Some of the new music being patched in with 5.1 one is amazing, but unless we dig around our sound files and run them through some programs to unzip them, we can't actually have them via a soundtrack. Am I the only one who feels this way?
    I have every song I like from WoW on my ipod, extracting the MPQ's is easy. Most are even in MP3 format as opposed to OGG which they used to use I think.
    Last edited by Arkenaw; 2012-11-11 at 06:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quite like the Mists soundtrack over the areas in other expansions.

Occasionally I'll play music over it but not that often, I like the sound of it. The character select screen music is slightly irritating though. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Best of all the expansions, imo.

Cataclysm has some pretty stellar tracks, but it doesn't have the cohesion of the Pandaria tracks which is something I value. It paints a bigger picture!
    Last edited by Porimlys; 2012-11-12 at 04:42 AM.

Some great replies, i guess i just miss Jason his work on the original soundtrack was incredible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by panterarules View Post
    Some great replies, i guess i just miss Jason his work on the original soundtrack was incredible.
    Jason Hayes is back in patch 5.1

I blast the soundtrack every now and then

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    Jason Hayes is back in patch 5.1
    awesome! He's also been working on the Dota 2 soundtrack if anyone is interested.

still have yet to find a storm peaks like power in mists.

nothing tops
    nothing ever will

but so far the shado pan is good.

especially from 9.15 onward. very ominous