Enhancement dps.. sucks?

Sup guys!

I'm making this thread since i'm getting quite frustrated with my dps in 10m raids?!

I've got 468 ilvl, hit and exp capped. Reforging mastery and still a freshly dinged 90 guild mate with some hc items does more dps than me on target dummy? Is it just me that feels that the dps for enhancement shamys is quite low or?

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No its not low. Its in a very competitive spot. Your first problem is your comparing you and your guildmate on a target dummy. Target dummies are absolutely useless to gauge DPS for a lot of classes.

Raids on the other hand...

You arent giving us much to work with though. Armory? Logs? Whats your priority que? Are you using your cooldowns effectively?

Enhancement is in an extremely good place at the moment, like MD says, without any further information we cannot know what you are doing wrong.
    You don't even mention what talents you have taken. If you are basing this of stone guards then you may think its lower as our cleave isn't great.

Well for the moment being I dont have my dps gear on armory, but I can give you a link on my talent specc;

lol can't link, have to post a bit more before I can do that. Well first tier is astral shift, next is earthgrab, third one is totemic restoration, 4th one is echo of the elements and last one unleashed fury

and im following the rotation on the other thread about enhancement shamys on mmo;

keeping up searing totem, flame shock, lava at 5 stacks and same for maelstorm etc

well its not just at the target dummy either, its more or less in raids as well.

*edit*

I try to time all cds efficently as well, popping fire elemental when asap and use unleash weapon and then flame shock and etc. still dont understand why.

Im gonna try to get an armory link with my dps gear will post it

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 11:46 AM ----------

Still can't post links yet sigh.. Well my characters name is Swired and is located on the server sylvanas with my enhancement specc and items equipped

10+ Year Old Account
    Just post the link with a space between the www or something.

Also, you really are not helping us help you. What you described there is not a priority queue.

Which bosses are you noticing your having trouble with? What do you think is a low number?

EDIT*

Just looking at your armory. Youre barely enchanted, I would say Elemental Force will be the better chant on your weapons if youre not going for the best Enchant. Missing gems. Dunno whats up with your spec but your missing 2 major glyphs.

Im interested in your priority.

Go and read this:

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6844
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2012-11-10 at 12:32 PM.

Quick look over your gear and i guess you reforged based on mrrobot sugestions. I`ve always found that site terrible with weird decisions, deciding what is the optimal based on who knows what calculations. Lately i hear it values mastery > all for enh. Neway is not about MrR here ..

Helm - no meta ? (use the cheap cata one for socket bonus if u can't afford mist one) also weird reforge. Should be crit -> hit
    Shoulder - again mastery reforged to hit
    Back - no enchant weird reforge
    Chest - no enchant, mastery -> hit again, could do well with an agi/hit gem
    Bracers - no enchant, crit -> mastery
    Hands - no enchant, mastery -> hit
    Belt - no buckle, mastery -> hit
    Pants - crit -> mastery
    Boots - mastery -> hit
    Trinket2 - awful, even 440s are better .. chance to proc on crit gtfo
    Weaps - probably better with windsong+ele. force or double ele. force .. sim it

I suggest you do your own thinking at reforging and if u think that 463 gear isn`t worth the enchant/gem then u`ll just end up where u are now. Out DPSed by a new player.
    Dummy DPS means nothing. What's your opening and CD management ? Can we see some logs ?
    Like others above have said, enh shaman is in a very good (even in AoE) spot now ... when done right

Also hard casting, get used to it.

And you may want to try a priority addon (I know it's less fun, but you'll notice your mistakes if you make them) and get a few macro's where you tie your dps cd's together.
    From my experience enhance was doing great but is really dependant on using the burst to get good numbers.

Mess up dps cd's and your dps will be shitty. You really want to get every bit out of it.

Deleted
    Nothing sucks for pve. When it comes to pvp, there is a whole lot of sucking.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    Nothing sucks for pve. When it comes to pvp, there is a whole lot of sucking.
    Shuush you negative Nancy.
    Multi-Glad 2700+ enhance shaman
    Enhance shaman PvP Guide: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11040394000

DEAL WITH IT - Check out my Youtube

Enhance is doing great right now. This is one of the best times for them dps wise in pve ever. Pvp on the other hand...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gingilica View Post
    Quick look over your gear and i guess you reforged based on mrrobot sugestions. I`ve always found that site terrible with weird decisions, deciding what is the optimal based on who knows what calculations. Lately i hear it values mastery > all for enh. Neway is not about MrR here ..
    I agree Mr Robot isnt the best for Enhance reforging. Ive noticing it doing really weird things in the past.

If you want to try a reforger try WoW Reforge. Its a bit better. Mastery, for the most part is the best secondary stat for enhance though. I have seen sims where Crit comes out but usually its Mastery or Haste.

Enhance is in a very good spot at the moment, I'm topping my raids DPS, pulling about 102k on Gara'jal.

Without seeing a log of a dungeon or boss fight in LFR, I can't give you much specific advise, however the most common problem I see with other Enhance shamans is they don't use their SS / LL enough.

I recommend you download the add-on Enhaprio, it's an add-on that displays what skills to use next, there's nothing "wrong" with using it, and will help with learning the priority system better.

Looking at your armory, you're missing a lot of enchants and should have Elemental Force on your weapons. The Coaster trinket is honestly pretty shit, from memory Windswept pages / Flashing Steel Talisman / Searing Words are better than it, I think the alchemy trinket is broken at the moment as well (not 100% sure).

Also, testing DPS on a target dummy is a complete waste of time. I do ~80k on a target dummy, but over 100k on a boss. Raid buffs contribute hugely to any classes DPS'.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st