Anyone else having facing issues?

On some fights I've noticed that, even though I seem to be directly behind a boss I'll still get "attack must be made from behind target" blip across my screen when trying to shred. Maybe their twisting their shoulders due to animations or something like that I dunno. Anyone else experiencing issues with attacking from behind?

I thought it was about another problem I'm having when I click the middle mouse button. Before I would start to run the direction of my camera. Now I run the direction my character is facing, and my camera reset to that direction.

I get this on Elagon, but I figured it was my positioning plus that fight just being really really to see. I'll have to start queuing more as feral and see

Most of the time this happens it's probably because you're not fully aware of where the bosses back is (probably because the boss turned to cast a spell at someone other than the tank), however there are certain mobs or bosses that are designed poorly and their backside is placed in a way that is contrary to what their model would lead you to believe. A good example of this is the cowardice phase on Meng the Demented on Spirit Kings.

Usually if you find encounters like this you'll want to use Glyph of Shred.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

To build on what aggixx has already mentioned, another possible scenario is that a boss is casting a lot of abilities targeted on players. The result is that the bosses tend to (but not always) turn to face the target upon which they are casting. While proper tank positioning can sometime limit the effects of this, usually accomplished by the tank facing the boss towards the majority of the raid, i.e. the boss doesn't have to turn to cast as often, sometimes the mechanics of the fight will not allow for this to happen.

I'd have to say, at the very least, the current raid content can be quite an annoyance as Feral. Best you can do is learn where the actual back of a boss tends to be, and hope you don't have a tank that likes turning/moving the bosses unnecessarily.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

15+ Year Old Account
    i have this issue sometimes of the blade master, but man i find galaron terriable, the legs keep nouncing all over the place
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

On some bosses if you are really having trouble scrambling to find their back, you can sometimes run out and wild charge. Puts you where you need to be and keeps you from taking cleaves. I hate running circles around a boss trying to get that sweet spot. Some bosses are easier that others.. On phase two of feng I can stand almost on his side shredding him while waiting for flames.

I have also noticed this in raid finder quite often, i honestly think poor design is also to blame here because I do not recall these problems from previous expansions, but I did not play feral in Cata.
    Its annoying but not anything that can't be dealt with if you're playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugbot View Post
    I have also noticed this in raid finder quite often, i honestly think poor design is also to blame here because I do not recall these problems from previous expansions, but I did not play feral in Cata.
    It's a problem that's been around for quite a few expansions, however there isn't much fuss kicked up about it now since Ferals are pretty much the only class/spec (aside from possibly a Sub rogue with Backstab) that has any hard positional requirement for one of their main abilities. In previous expansions, rogues used Backstab across multiple specs in a PvE environment, and Mutilate used to have a positional requirement... however, being required to be positioned behind a target in order to execute an ability is pretty much unique to Ferals and Sub rogues.

There have been some quality of life adjustments for Ferals, such as bringing Mangle damage closer to Shred damage and Glyph of Shred, so we're not completely out of luck. At this point, Blizz probably consider it part of the "flavor" of being a Feral... being annoyed!
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

You should have been around in BC... Our hit box range was horrible back then.. You had to chase something with your nose literally in their butt for you to hit them.

I've had this issue on my feral sometimes, but my problem was I'd accidentally hit a movement key or both my mouse buttons while trying to hit other buttons on the mouse (I use a naga--I had to stop using the two buttons next to the left mouse button because I'd keep making myself switch targets or inch forward). I'd spin either a little bit or a lot visually, depending on how bad my computer is at the moment, and have to rearrange myself until I could get a shred to go off again.

I guess I got so used to it though that I'd just auto-correct myself by wiggling back and forth every half a minute while dps'ing.

Quote Originally Posted by LeDragon View Post

I guess I got so used to it though that I'd just auto-correct myself by wiggling back and forth every half a minute while dps'ing.
    Lol I wiggle back and forth when I'm pooling energy or waiting for ticks cuz I'm bored.