Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Posted this in wrong thread so I just copy/paste here

I have been using this addon for some time now and I have a question, I noticed that dot's go BLUE if new ones are 20% stronger than old ones and we don't have full benefit from pandemic. Would you recommend refreshing them on BLUE then?

Quote Originally Posted by zumba View Post
    I have been using this addon for some time now and I have a question, I noticed that dot's go BLUE if new ones are 20% stronger than old ones and we don't have full benefit from pandemic. Would you recommend refreshing them on BLUE then?
    I refresh blue if nothing else will proc in next 12-14 seconds. That should be pretty safe.

Deleted
    tyvm, I raised threshold to 25% and by that I'm refreshing it on blue since I found it easyer and safer to do

Sorry if this was answered earlier, (I couldn't find it in the thread) I had recently transferred servers and upon arrival found the dot duration timers located over the icons to have disappeared. I have reloaded various versions of the addon but I cant seem to reestablish them. Was this function removed, or is this just a bug?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    I refresh blue if nothing else will proc in next 12-14 seconds. That should be pretty safe.
    Rid, I wanted to say you're brilliant and you've made my locklife much much higher quality. I've been using this for several iterations of updates, and it continues to be the easiest and most straightforward "dot memory" I could have imagined. Thank you.

Sinins: copy your WTF folder from server_name to new-server_name. All of your addon "memory" and UI/account settings are primarily character specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Sininis View Post
    Sorry if this was answered earlier, (I couldn't find it in the thread) I had recently transferred servers and upon arrival found the dot duration timers located over the icons to have disappeared.
    You need OmniCC addon for that.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 10:08 AM ----------

1.18 alpha:
    http://www.curseforge.com/media/file...ots-1.18a1.zip

New color to show optimal times to chain Haunts. Experimental, probably not the best way to display this information. Set it as high as you possibly can, depending on your shard regen and how well your cds line up.

Deleted
    I'm not sure if I understand correctly the condition for the haunt spam. If you have high ticking DoTs then the Dmg you get with MG will of course also increase. So why should we spam haunt if you have high ticking dots rolling instead of just keeping haunt active and keep castin MG? Especially as you will probably run out of shards this way before the high ticking dot ends? Do I misunderstand something?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by realCool View Post
    I'm not sure if I understand correctly the condition for the haunt spam. If you have high ticking DoTs then the Dmg you get with MG will of course also increase. So why should we spam haunt if you have high ticking dots rolling instead of just keeping haunt active and keep castin MG? Especially as you will probably run out of shards this way before the high ticking dot ends? Do I misunderstand something?
    Chaining Haunts and spamming haunts are 2 very different things, I doubt very much that anyone is suggesting you spam haunt as that is ofc a dps loss and just plain wrong play.

I don't have most current version of this addon, but I wanted to bring up problem that I have with how Doom works. As you can cast this spell in meta form only, addon should always calculate its damage with this in mind. What it does in my version, is that it boosts doom numbers only when i enter meta. Because of this I am not able to see if entering meta and recasting doom will be beneficial. So basically addon should multiply dot damage with meta modifier when i am in or out of meta form.

Sorry if this is changed in current version.
    Last edited by randa; 2013-01-12 at 07:11 PM.
    Custom warlock script for Ovale Spell Priority addon
    http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/ova...script-wip/#p1

Quote Originally Posted by realCool View Post
    So why should we spam haunt if you have high ticking dots rolling instead of just keeping haunt active and keep castin MG?
    Poor wording in description. Keep Haunt up, don't spam it of course.

Quote Originally Posted by randa View Post
    What it does in my version, is that it boosts doom numbers only when i enter meta. Because of this I am not able to see if entering meta and recasting doom will be beneficial. So basically addon should multiply dot damage with meta modifier when i am in or out of meta form.
    Anyone else experiencing this? Did tests in newest version, numbers seem to update as expected. Formulas have been the same in all versions, no idea why this is happening.

Deleted
    Thanks for the clarification

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    You need OmniCC addon for that.

---------- Post added 2013-01-12 at 10:08 AM ----------

1.18 alpha:
    http://www.curseforge.com/media/file...ots-1.18a1.zip

New color to show optimal times to chain Haunts. Experimental, probably not the best way to display this information. Set it as high as you possibly can, depending on your shard regen and how well your cds line up.

if this work good enough you Should Make the Addon for Destruction Too.Chaos Bolt Would Work with the same i guess.I Feel that the Warlock Community is gonna Love you even more!

Nice feature!! I really hope you feel up to extend this functionality to Destro allowing us to find best time to expend our Burning Embers. Then i would be able to completly scrap ForteXorcist in favor of AffDots

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Nice feature!! I really hope you feel up to extend this functionality to Destro allowing us to find best time to expend our Burning Embers. Then i would be able to completly scrap ForteXorcist in favor of AffDots
    I really hope for destruction functionality as well. :-)
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Yes, this will work for destro too.
    I did some tests, Destruction felt really weird because of Immolate and FnB Immolate have different damage, plus it didn't feel very usefull at all. Need more stuff like tracking Conflagrate and Backdraft charges. Current code is a mess, this will take some time.

I like the burst time function, but to not loose some information, the color should be on the frames around dots or on their icons... Or anywhere but not in place of the dot power color.

Quote Originally Posted by demamik View Post
    I like the burst time function, but to not loose some information, the color should be on the frames around dots or on their icons... Or anywhere but not in place of the dot power color.
    I tried borders, didn't like it much, things began to look complicated. This information is now in a separate frame which you can move around.
    1.18 beta: http://www.curseforge.com/media/file...Dots-1.18b.zip
    Burst frame works for all three specs.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    You can get an add-on that tracks internal cd's like Lightweave, Relic, Jade, Windsong etc. It won't guarantee when they will proc but you will know when they won't, so there is no uncertainty tracking cd's save for the 1-3 casts required to proc these buffs when their respective cd's have expired.
    Raven does this nicely for me and I have it display my Windsong procs as Crit/Mastery/Haste all in different colours

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 12:01 PM ----------

On a side note: Can we get a link to a donations page? If there is one?
    Could any of you please be kind and advise which add-on should be used for tracking internal cd's like Lightweave, Relic, Jade, Windsong etc? If is weakauras could you please kind and post the string?
    Many thanks for your support!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by k4sh1m View Post
    Could any of you please be kind and advise which add-on should be used for tracking internal cd's like Lightweave, Relic, Jade, Windsong etc? If is weakauras could you please kind and post the string?
    Many thanks for your support!
    There are plenty of options; I'm a fan of ExtraCD for the simplicity of setting it up, but most "power" addons should be able to track uptime/downtime if they're configured (PA/WA/TMW).