Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's a nice addon, for me personally it lacks a bit of customization. What I'd like to see is;

* Tickable Colours
    Turning off a colour you don't wish to be shown, such as turning off blue and yellow, so that only the full pandemic vs not full pandemic effect is shown.

* Opacity Changing of Background
    Turning up or down the greyish area you see behind the numbers and doticons.

* Spacing options
    Changing the space in between the icons.

Quote Originally Posted by randa View Post
    And one more thing, addon doesn't account for unstable affliction cast time when it changes color, it should go, for example, from blue to green earlier.
    tricky since you can do instant soulburn and fel flame, not just ua.

So..this might be a silly question. I have a feeling im putting too much priority on MF.

Say youve got all 3 dots up, you haunt and MF...when haunt hits you realize the haunt duration and your MF is going to end right at the same time one of your dots is going to expire.

So...if that dot is agony, obviously you want to wait as soon as possible and recast keeping the stack up, even if your clipping that last tick of haunt + MF by cancelling MF.

but if that dot is corruption or UA, would it be a dps loss to lose that last tick of haunt + MF. to drop MF and recast to keep it going?

Also, I just want to verify. If i just recasted my dots, and i get a trinket proc is using fel flame going to extend corruption and UA at the new higher spell damage, and if so, why is it generally considered a DPS loss to use FF at all?

Hey Rid,
    Just updated to the most recent version and I have to say AMAZING work, man. I love the updates you have made thus far, and I'm sure you won't fail to continue updating with things people may bring to your attention to improve it. Keep up the good work.

It would be nice to have an option to hide numbers, also to simply see green or red. Still wishing this project could coexist with something like forte so you could see multiple targets, this addon is just a must have function for afflocks.
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2012-11-12 at 11:37 PM.

this addon is awesome....thanks man for your great work you did!

Nice addon! I tried it out when it was vertical. I liked it but it was throwing me off that way. I can't wait to try it out in horizontal form. I agree with sweetz suggestions and would like to add being able to change the order of the dots shown in the list.

I know I'm asking too much but it would be really nice if there was an option to turn them into vertically stacked horizontal bars (with customizable skin, duration width and RGBY colors), because that's how I track all my buffs/debuffs/cd's with Raven...

Same. I just cant get used to vertical bars for dot tracking

Deleted
    Quick question (I didn't get to test it as much as I would have liked last night).

So you got all 3 dots rolling on your target, they are all red (meaning do not redot) - boom! your int trinket procs. Should all the dots turn green now (meaning redot)?

I know that blue means redot if your current stats are better, but isn't the addon supposed to track this for you? In this senario, I have a trinket proc with 4000+ int, meaning that there is no doubt that I should redot, yet it only shows the dots as blue.

Maybe I misunderstood, but thats how I would like it to work anyways

And as many others have said - greate job, please keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Deezly View Post
    Quick question (I didn't get to test it as much as I would have liked last night).

So you got all 3 dots rolling on your target, they are all red (meaning do not redot) - boom! your int trinket procs. Should all the dots turn green now (meaning redot)?

I know that blue means redot if your current stats are better, but isn't the addon supposed to track this for you? In this senario, I have a trinket proc with 4000+ int, meaning that there is no doubt that I should redot, yet it only shows the dots as blue.

Maybe I misunderstood, but thats how I would like it to work anyways

And as many others have said - greate job, please keep up the good work!
    Blue means you could reapply a stronger dot but wouldn't benefit fully from pandemic, meaning it's at less than 50% of it's base duration.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Blue means you could reapply a stronger dot but wouldn't benefit fully from pandemic, meaning it's at less than 50% of it's base duration.
    Ahhhh! So I did misunderstand something, thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    more, not less.

blue means you can redot, but if it is weak difference, you might wait few seconds to not waste MF ticks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    Same. I just cant get used to vertical bars for dot tracking
    Make them horizontal ..

Deleted
    +1 great addon, keep up the great work.

Deleted
    Even if it is a great piece of software, i'm not really satisfied to see yet another addon that "does the tricky part" for you. Don't get me wrong, this is a good thing, as many people will be happy to perform better and as such, our class will go more popular. But what makes me grin is that it's blurring the lines between those who master the dot management minigame and who don't. There was no facerolling addons for warlocks, and this one might start a trend which i'm not happy with, as i've seen enough retadins doing great by solely using clcret ... Anyway, kudos to the writer for sharing it instead of keeping it solely to himself, you'll make lots of affliction warlocks happy !

Edit : IMHO, all that fun when playing affliction is managing dot "power", not shards/cooldowns/whatever. And that's where you can progress the most when you play well versus you are still learning. Thus having an addon do that for you actually spoils part of the fun !
    Last edited by mmoc79483d36b0; 2012-11-13 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nipil View Post
    But what makes me grin is that it's blurring the lines between those who master the dot management minigame and who don't.
    Ability to deal with poor support of dot classes in default game interface should not be the difference between good and bad warlocks. It's not doing anything special, just telling how strong the current dots are.

I seem to have encountered a bug.

I had just installed the mod last night, and when i logged in i saw the modbox. I did a /affdots command to bring up the options, and clicked the horizontal mode button, then the modbox dissapeared. I unchecked the box, but it didnt come back. I tried changing settings in the options but nothing would bring back the mod, even relogging didnt fix it.

I will try to reinstall tonight and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by nipil View Post
    I have to (carefully) disagree : if it was only showing how stong the current dots are, and how your "would be" dots are you would still have to "do the smart stuff" and decide by yourself wether you have to refresh or not. But the addon goes one step forward, and mixes all this information to provide a direct-noquestion-solution for you to instantly apply in-game. You see the difference ?

To be clear, if it was only showing numbers i'd fully agree it'd be a very good enhancement to the default ui lack of tracking dot power. But telling you directly which decision is optimal for you to take is what makes the difference between a UI enhancement and a faceroll helper.

Edit: But i don't doubt it'll soon be included in the default warlock addon pack, with tidyplates and stuff, so convenient we would be stupid to not go with it !!

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 03:53 PM ----------

I just tested it and it works great. So i'll use it even if i have reserves (as stated above) on the goal :-)

But just as it will provide a dps enhancement, we would be silly to not use it at it will help on our heroic progress.
    Okay, so let me get this straight. You come to this thread whining and complaining about how it "takes the fun out of the spec" for you, but you continue on to say that its so great you would be stupid to not use it? I'm sorry but I don't follow your logic on this one. If it ruins fun for you then play it the way you do. This does not make a good warlock a great one, nor a bad warlock a good one. The highest DPS locks will know what talents to use in each fight (for example I go through about 10 tomes in a single raid night), and HOW to employ the information given to them by the mod. Furthermore, the best locks will fully understand their reforges/enchantments/gemming choices vs just following some guide. That's the fun of the spec. The way you choose to play him BEFORE your in the raid. When you're in the raid is when that kind of knowledge shines. When you do 150k+ on 10 man normal Elegon. When you smash the hell out of the Emperors, or when you lol at other classes in Amber Shaper Un'sok. If you don't like the mod, don't use it. If you do, please provide constructive criticism here. Don't be "that guy" by telling the author nothing useful and wasting everyone's time.

Deleted
    @Tresdallah : please don't get angry on me, as i was not venting any frustration nor whining, and my remarks were far from being based on negative thoughts.

Look at it through this analogy : if i'm used to use a manual screwdriver, and someone invented an automatic screwdriver, what i say previously is that using a manual screwdriver would have the side effect of training your muscles, but using the automatic screwdriver would do the job better and faster, but without training your muscles.

As a logical consequence, i would use the automatic screwdriver because what's most important (to me) is getting the job done fast and well. But i could still have the thought on the back of my head that my muscles aren't trained as a side effect anymore. See what i mean ? I'm happy with the results the addon provides, but that doesn't mean i'm perfectly happy with what having the addon at hands means.

I feel kind of sorry to see that my open-minded feedback was taken negatively, because i purely said so to share a thought, and facts about decision vs non-decision, nothing less, nothing more. That will teach me posting naive thoughts on the internet :-)

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 04:16 PM ----------

As for the positive constructiveness, i was busy trying the addon to actually provide feedback, which you'll find here :
    - handle alternate targets (ie focus, pettarget...)
    - showing only what requires immediate action (namely green, and absent dots)
    - show blue as an option for even less clutter
    - hide what would not require any action (ie hide red and yellow as an option)
    - sort the dots according to priorities on each target (according to DPET)
    - merge the dots from all targets and sort the dots by taking CoE/haunt account
    - and this far, showing dot timers and power number becomes non-mendatory, so they could be hidden as an option too
    Last edited by mmoc79483d36b0; 2012-11-13 at 03:38 PM.