Page 1 of 41
... LastLast

AffDots - addon to keep track of dot power

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/affdots

Dots do not update dynamically with your stats. When you gain or lose spell damage/crit/haste/mastery/damage modifier, dots will not benefit from those effects until you reapply them. This addon compares dots on target with your current stats and shows if reapplying dots will make them stronger or weaker.

Download OmniCC addon to have a numeric display of time left on dot icons. I also suggest some addon to watch your procs, buffs and trinkets, like TellMeWhen, WeakAuras or RainbowProcs.

Type '/affdots' for options.

Dot background colors:
    * Green: your current stats are better, recasting will have a full benefit of Pandemic
    * Blue: your current stats are better, recasting will not have a full benefit of Pandemic
    * Yellow: your current stats are worse, recasting will have a full benefit of Pandemic
    * Red: your current stats are worse, recasting will not have a full benefit of Pandemic

Most common scenarios:
    * Green: cast unless you expect more incoming procs soon.
    * Blue: cast if your current stats are significantly better or if you have to switch targets.
    * Yellow: cast if you have to switch targets.
    * Red: do not cast.

Number is the relative power of your stats compared to stats you had when casting dot, 110 means your dot dps will become 10% stronger if you recast now, 90 means they will become 10% weaker.
    If you do not use "Relative numbers" - number on top is dps based on your current stats, number on the bottom is dps of the dot that is currently on target.
    Last edited by Ridcully; 2013-04-30 at 12:10 PM.

Looks great, will try it out. Thanks mate!

How is the multidot support of this addon?
    I would prefer a solution similar to my Forte solution, but with very slightly coloration depending on dot strength.

Edit: I had no better screenshot of my UI right now. Hopefully the description does not disturb that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Killem View Post
    How is the multidot support of this addon?
    I would prefer a solution similar to my Forte solution, but with very slightly coloration depending on dot strength.
    It shows dot power for your current target, but knows about all your dots and will show correct information if you switch targets.

Deleted
    Just tryed it out and it is amazing! Thank you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, you made the thread, I see. I've put a message in the original Affliction thread to redirect people here too, so we should be good now.

I don't have my 2 piece set yet, but having functionality like that in will be needed indeed. Hope you still get some sleep while working on this addon + living your normal life

Looks interesting.

Very cool addon, thanks! However, can someone explain the rationale for the different color codes? Does Blue/Red just mean that the DoTs are not at their half-way point yet?

You did actually read the post, did you not? It explains the color codes right there!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomed View Post
    Very cool addon, thanks! However, can someone explain the rationale for the different color codes? Does Blue/Red just mean that the DoTs are not at their half-way point yet?
    Yep, that's what the "recasting will not have a full benefit of Pandemic." part means. Doesn't mean there aren't times when you want to refresh on blue for instance. If the dot strength goes up enough it might be well worth it even if you don't get full benefit of Pandemic. Red, not though, if it's red it's not worth refreshing at this time, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Daagar View Post
    You did actually read the post, did you not? It explains the color codes right there!
    Of course I read it but I didn't understand what "full benefit of Pandemic" meant.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Yep, that's what the "recasting will not have a full benefit of Pandemic." part means. Doesn't mean there aren't times when you want to refresh on blue for instance. If the dot strength goes up enough it might be well worth it even if you don't get full benefit of Pandemic. Red, not though, if it's red it's not worth refreshing at this time, period.
    Thanks. I was under the impression that either you got the benefit of Pandemic or you didn't, not that there was a "full benefit" or "not quite full benefit". And I'm not sure having 4 colors is necessary since no one really knows the point in which recasting before Pandemic is worth it.

In 10sec. of using it I like it. Damn you work! Thnx for the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomed View Post
    Thanks. I was under the impression that either you got the benefit of Pandemic or you didn't, not that there was a "full benefit" or "not quite full benefit". And I'm not sure having 4 colors is necessary since no one really knows the point in which recasting before Pandemic is worth it.
    Full benefit just means that if you do a normal dot refresh you get the full duration added. To make the best use of Pandemic you refresh past the half way mark of your dots, so that you get the maximum length dot, for the best window to put Haunt up and channel MG.

And we sort of know when the ideal point is when to recast that way: the point at which your dots when refreshed with a new one, will not overshoot the maximum length. This is what the addon takes into account with the colour codes.

So they are useful, it's just that a super charged dot that you prolong over the maximum length is still worth more then NOT making that supercharged dot longer and saving the gcd's. Meaning that it's not a hard science that refreshing on blue is bad, but it COULD be if you only have a minor buff up.

Deleted
    Amazing addon!!

From curse description
    Most common scenarios:
    Green: cast unless you expect more incoming procs soon.
    Blue: cast if your current stats are significantly better or if you have to switch targets.
    Yellow: cast if you have to switch targets.
    Red: do not cast.

What addon except Power Auras can I use to track my cds and ICDs,as soon as I enable Power auras I have around ~18fps so no chance i'll use it.

This addon looks so useful... I know it's a "function" addon and not meant to look amazing. But plz support different fonts, the icons would be great in tandem with masque.

Also relative power option very good idea keep up the amazing work.
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2012-11-10 at 09:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorn View Post
    What addon except Power Auras can I use to track my cds and ICDs,as soon as I enable Power auras I have around ~18fps so no chance i'll use it.
    Might try Weak Auras, but I expect a similar problem to be honest.

Try to stay on the topic of *this* addon though, it's not a general ask-questions-about-addons topic.

Does this account for Dark Soul and other non-SP buffs as well, or does it only account for the damage of dots?

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks amazing.
    Thanks!

Damn good job indeed.. feedback coming in soon.
    Warlocks get buffed ONE TIME and suddenly developers are getting fired over it...