Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    I really want to stay away from replicating functionality of other addons. This one is intended for warlock specific mechanic - Pandemic and supercharged dots.
    Epic. This is exactly what I am using it for and I was hoping it would stay that way. I use ForteXorcist to keep track of temporary buffs and TellMeWhen to keep track of the internal CD of these temporary buffs.

Fantastic mod, absolutely love it.

Couple of questions:

1) What are the default weights given to int/sp/haste/mastery/etc? As in, if a 1k mastery proc raises the value of corruption from 100 to 110, would a 1k haste proc also raise corruption from 100 to 110, or would it be some other value?

2) Where should I go in the lua if I wanted to change haste/mastery/etc weight ratios to better reflect my gear, or a specific encounter?

and lastly: any shot at adding a second trigger level for color switch? would be cool to be able to do, say, 'current stats are better, not pandemic safe' at +20 and 'current stats are FREAKING AMAZING, not pandemic safe but who cares' at +85 or whatever ridiculous number ends up being a dps gain for your character.

ty for reading, and great work on the mod!

I've gotta download this Thursday when I get my new computer
    Signature by Eruionmel!

Best addon solution since the invention of ForteWarlock, which I was using since Wrath and have now completly scrapped in favor of AffDots. Thank you for your work, im gonna definitly donate some money.

Another small suggestion: By adding RoF tracking for Destruction there would be 4 timers/bars for every spec, which would also help with cross-spec positioning.

Quote Originally Posted by realCool View Post
    How about the tick marker for Fel Flame? I think this fits perfectly in your concept?
    Not sure about this, as option maybe when I have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfoo View Post
    1) What are the default weights given to int/sp/haste/mastery/etc? As in, if a 1k mastery proc raises the value of corruption from 100 to 110, would a 1k haste proc also raise corruption from 100 to 110, or would it be some other value?

and lastly: any shot at adding a second trigger level for color switch? would be cool to be able to do, say, 'current stats are better, not pandemic safe' at +20 and 'current stats are FREAKING AMAZING, not pandemic safe but who cares' at +85 or whatever ridiculous number ends up being a dps gain for your character.
    There are no stat weights, actual dot dps is calculated and saved each time your int/haste/mastery/crit changes.
    Less colors = easy to use, more colors = complicated to use. Default blue is intended for recasting even if you don't get full Pandemic benefit.

About RoF, would it be better to watch debuff on target or buff on yourself?

Edit: I should probably isolate Burst code into separate addon and make it available for other classes?
    Last edited by Ridcully; 2013-01-21 at 08:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Edit: I should probably isolate Burst code into separate addon and make it available for other classes?
    I read you stating that Affdots should stick to it's design goal of dot strength and pandemic, if the burst part starts getting in the way of that OR you feel this add on can be used by any class just as well for the purpose of spending resources at critical times then you probably should.

About RoF, would it be better to watch debuff on target or buff on yourself?
    Since the debuff on your target has no timer attached to it but the buff has, i would recommend tracking the buff.

Deleted
    This addon is simply amazing. I wish it had a way to track Haunt embedded in its system so I wouldn't have to worry about any other counter addon, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I read you stating that Affdots should stick to it's design goal of dot strength and pandemic, if the burst part starts getting in the way of that OR you feel this add on can be used by any class just as well for the purpose of spending resources at critical times then you probably should.
    It's not really getting in a way, but might be useful for others
    Also I can't completely separate it. Affliction needs to track dots on target, they might be buffed even when you do not have any buffs on yourself. So Affliction warlocks will have embedded version in AffDots, and everyone else can have their own, separate version.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Since the debuff on your target has no timer attached to it but the buff has, i would recommend tracking the buff.
    Ok, I'll add RoF buff then.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymalkin View Post
    This addon is simply amazing. I wish it had a way to track Haunt embedded in its system so I wouldn't have to worry about any other counter addon, ever.
    Actually, it can track Haunt. You just need to turn it on in options.

well i got 1 question.
    i updated this addon today and maybe i'm blind but is the time-left disappeared?
    i don't see how long the dots lasts on my target.

Deleted
    most usefull addon for aff locks

Quote Originally Posted by Grap View Post
    well i got 1 question.
    i updated this addon today and maybe i'm blind but is the time-left disappeared?
    OmniCC addon is showing timer text.

I got an question that still as an ??? on my head. We should refresh dots when our bars turns "blue" with Affdots or we only should refresh when bars are "green"?. I'm refreshing dots all the time when my bars turns "green" or "blue".

Doing it right? I don't use ICD auras to track because it's much to look at it and I don't know a good addon/way to do it. But normally it's a good thing to refresh "blue dots" yeah?

Very hard to rank high with Affliction nowadays since the new asian item level system. I feel i'm playing good but not so good since i can't rank greatly like i do with Demonology.

Hey there !

First of all, thanks ridcully for this great addon ! I recently integrated it to my own UI (even if I only use the text part), and I must say it really helps managing dot power

I still have a question : does it consider the buffs or debuffs you gain in specific encounters, like garajal, sha of fear or the stone guards HM ? I have the feeling it doesn't, but I'd like to be sure !

Also, I'm just droping an idea here, but it would be great to have some feature that tells you the travel time of your haunt, depending on the distance between your target and you. It would help cliping the haunt debuff !

Thanks again !

Just adding in another thanks! You rock.

Does make me kinda wish that existing DoTs updated dynamically with current player stats/buffs. Very cool add-on, but it makes you realize how many different on-the-fly adjustments occur to our core stats (exacerbated by certain trinkets, set bonuses, etc.). It adds some more thought into the gameplay, but it seems like we need this fairly involved add-on to have any chance at actually mastering it. Especially given how MG actually deals damage. There's some pretty extreme variability if you aren't watching this add-on like a hawk.

1.20 beta 3:
    http://www.curseforge.com/media/file...ots-1.20b3.zip

Rain of Fire for Destruction.
    Baseline values for Burst frame can be set up by clicking Alt/Ctrl/Shift (choose which one in options) + right mouse button on it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post
    I got an question that still as an ??? on my head. We should refresh dots when our bars turns "blue" with Affdots or we only should refresh when bars are "green"?. I'm refreshing dots all the time when my bars turns "green" or "blue".

Doing it right? I don't use ICD auras to track because it's much to look at it and I don't know a good addon/way to do it.
    If blue is set reasonably high, it is worth refreshing. I believe 20% is safe, but do not have any solid math behind it.
    I use TellMeWhen to track ICDs, it requires some time to set up though.

Quote Originally Posted by Margeta View Post
    I still have a question : does it consider the buffs or debuffs you gain in specific encounters, like garajal, sha of fear or the stone guards HM ? I have the feeling it doesn't, but I'd like to be sure !

Also, I'm just droping an idea here, but it would be great to have some feature that tells you the travel time of your haunt, depending on the distance between your target and you. It would help cliping the haunt debuff !
    No encounter specific buffs or debuffs.
    There are no ways to detect exact distance to hostile targets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Margeta View Post
    Hey there !
    Thanks again !
    I am 90% sure that if you cast a haunt, so that it leaves your hand while Haunt is still active on your target, the haunt itself gets the 25% damage increase, even if the debuff drops off during the air time.

Quote Originally Posted by Grap View Post
    well i got 1 question.
    Same for me. I'm using Elvui and timer were shown in 1.18 without OmniCC. After updating to 1.20 the timers disappeard.
    I've installed OmniCC and timers are back on affdots but now, in my spell bar, timers of Elvui and OmniCC overlap each others.

I can desactivate the timers from Elvui but since it was working before something must have chance in 1.20

In any case, thank you for this addon !

Quote Originally Posted by Piloufa View Post
    Same for me. I'm using Elvui and timer were shown in 1.18 without OmniCC. After updating to 1.20 the timers disappeard.
    I've installed OmniCC and timers are back on affdots but now, in my spell bar, timers of Elvui and OmniCC overlap each others.

I can desactivate the timers from Elvui but since it was working before something must have chance in 1.20 !
    I think I know what happened, will fix that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    I am 90% sure that if you cast a haunt, so that it leaves your hand while Haunt is still active on your target, the haunt itself gets the 25% damage increase, even if the debuff drops off during the air time.
    Yes, It's working that way.Just Tested to Make sure.