Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    Wowhead comments indicate that Sha trinket has 105s icd. Is it wrong? Maybe it has a low proc chance.
    Addon is far from being ready, not sure if it needs it's own thread now.
    Maybe you are right, sometimes that trinket doesn't proc more then 30seconds after fight has started. One more thing, I would love option for transparency of that black background, it dominates to much.

Here is my SS http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20168251
    Last edited by randa; 2013-02-10 at 02:04 PM.
    Custom warlock script for Ovale Spell Priority addon
    http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/ova...script-wip/#p1

Quote Originally Posted by randa View Post
    I love improvements that you made in new version of rainbowprocs addon, but I find it that Sha of Fear trinket procs is somewhat slow to activate, it stays ready to proc a lot of time but doesn't procs. You should check its ICD.
    As Ridcully mentioned, the problem lies in the trinket's proc chance. It has a low (15%) proc chance on spell hit. Unlike a trinket that would proc on spell damage, this trinket won't proc on dot ticks but is limited to only procing on the inital hit/application of the spell. On average the trinket should proc on the 6-7th spell cast after the end of its ICD, which is bad for afflocks that only uses dots and channeled spells.

Deleted
    The Essence of Terror proc can easily go 60 seconds over it's icd before proccing again, effectively making it the most annoying thing in the game. The normal version is outdone by Relic of Yu'lon easily, for this reason alone.

Latest RainbowProcs has a few customisation bugs from what I can tell (unless it's just me). Changing fonts and/or bar background doesn't appear to work, it just stays blank and doesn't update.

New additions are pretty decent, liking it a lot.

I like burst frame a lot for destruction but why affliction is special? I would love to see its working same as destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifonology View Post
    I like burst frame a lot for destruction but why affliction is special? I would love to see its working same as destruction.
    Burst frame shows combined damage of target dots for affliction and current stats for other specs. Reason: dots on target can be supercharged even after you lose buffs, and weak when you have strong damage buffs but have not reapplied them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    Burst frame shows combined damage of target dots for affliction and current stats for other specs. Reason: dots on target can be supercharged even after you lose buffs, and weak when you have strong damage buffs but have not reapplied them.
    If a dot is supercharged or weak you can see it from its own bar already why do you need another tracker to see that? It seems really unnecessary to me, I'd rather see my current stats for haunt usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifonology View Post
    If a dot is supercharged or weak you can see it from its own bar already
    No, you can not. Numbers are relative.
    There is an addon link in Burst options, it has the same funcionality but does not know about Affliction mechanics. Download it and use instead. I do not reccomend doing so, number will be misleading for reasons explained above.

Boy, I'm struggling a bit here - how do you get the bars to show up? Am I overlooking something simple?

Quote Originally Posted by greginno View Post
    Boy, I'm struggling a bit here - how do you get the bars to show up? Am I overlooking something simple?
    Do you have it set to horizontal or vertical mode? That's when it just shows the icons. Go to the options and change the display to Bars. It's not 100% intuitive just because you might not expect an option set to Horizontal to also have a Bars option.

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    Do you have it set to horizontal or vertical mode? That's when it just shows the icons. Go to the options and change the display to Bars. It's not 100% intuitive just because you might not expect an option set to Horizontal to also have a Bars option.
    Thank you very much, Mordorfires. Clear as day with your help.

Does anyone know if an addon similar to AffDots exists for boomkins or other dot classes? something that shows the power of the dots and maybe even when to refresh.

Would definitely like one that at least shows me a # value in power for dots like AffDots.

Quote Originally Posted by Harekrsna View Post
    Does anyone know if an addon similar to AffDots exists for boomkins or other dot classes? something that shows the power of the dots and maybe even when to refresh.

Would definitely like one that at least shows me a # value in power for dots like AffDots.
    Boomkins dots currently don't work the same as Affliction dots even a blue post stated that(but of course thats changing in 5.2 so all dots besides ignite mechanics work the same)

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Boomkins dots currently don't work the same as Affliction dots even a blue post stated that(but of course thats changing in 5.2 so all dots besides ignite mechanics work the same)
    What do you mean they don't work the same? They are affected by power-ups aren't they (I don't think they update dynamically), and they improve when applied during the right eclipse.

Unless I'm wrong and they do update dynamically minus applying in the right eclipse in which case an addon similar to Affdots would be useless.

I'm just curious because I know an addon like that would increase my dot dmg if I knew for example when leaving celestial alignment if its worth reapplying those dots at the tail end or to keep hard-casting instead. The only way I know of that Aff dots are different is Pandemic, but even without Pandemic if the dots don't update dynamically then there would be points when its a dps gain to refresh them or a dps loss.

This addon is must have, huge help when raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Harekrsna View Post
    What do you mean they don't work the same? They are affected by power-ups aren't they (I don't think they update dynamically), and they improve when applied during the right eclipse.

Unless I'm wrong and they do update dynamically minus applying in the right eclipse in which case an addon similar to Affdots would be useless.

I'm just curious because I know an addon like that would increase my dot dmg if I knew for example when leaving celestial alignment if its worth reapplying those dots at the tail end or to keep hard-casting instead. The only way I know of that Aff dots are different is Pandemic, but even without Pandemic if the dots don't update dynamically then there would be points when its a dps gain to refresh them or a dps loss.
    I know some part of the Moonkin DoTs are still dynamic, but I am not quite sure what parts. That won't matter though in 5.2 so an addon could be made(or this one changed?) to work for other classes I would assume, once 5.2 hits since they editted all dots to work the same that currently didn't work as most classes do atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty cool Is there an option to change the colors? For example, changing all of the blue/yellow to red, and only have a green background for those that will benefit from a refresh. Also, if the green-background DoT to refresh is Agony and it has more than X seconds left, is there an option to hide it from the refresh pane? I wouldn't want to lose all that damage it has built up.
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

Why would druids want it? I don't see "refresh under procs" in guides, dots are just part of normal rotation. Refreshing out of rotation seems like a waste of GCDs most of the time. Unlike warlocks who have a huge refresh window with Pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiknee View Post
    Looks pretty cool Is there an option to change the colors? For example, changing all of the blue/yellow to red, and only have a green background for those that will benefit from a refresh. Also, if the green-background DoT to refresh is Agony and it has more than X seconds left, is there an option to hide it from the refresh pane?
    Colors can be changed, dots can not be hidden. Refreshing green is a good thing, you get both full benefit of Pandemic and stronger dots.

Deleted
    Ridcully is there a easy why to set colors so u dont have all that color set

There are instances when you want to refresh your dot for more power, one such instance would be when you first enter Celestial Alignment and when you leave it, sometimes certain power ups can drop off that would make you no longer want to refresh the dot upon leaving and you don't know when that is without an addon like Affdots (you almost need to just guess).

Otherwise you always refresh your eclipsed dot when you enter an eclipse even if you just refreshed it outside of an eclipse (though an argument could be made for waiting until you are about to leave that eclipse so that the buffed version stays up longer in the next eclipse w/ out wasting the unbuffed version). Either way a dot tracker would still be a mild dps increase but I do admit it would be less useful than it is for warlocks since there is no pandemic. It would basically be a Red for don't refresh, a blue for a more powerful dot but not enough to refresh, and then a green when the dot is powerful enough to warrant using the gcd to refresh it. But more important for me would be the % that it is more powerful at the time or less powerful so I don't bother refreshing.

Could be a nice addon for someone to make for 5.2 if indeed the dynamic updates are stopping then but currently exist now.