Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    what do you guys think of Coren's Coaster?
    I thought it would be crap, as it has no agi. but basically agi only provides AP and a bit of crit, so AP only isn't that bad, the same with a wee bit less crit.

I just had a look at how much proccs influence KC (a purely AP scaling abillity)
    The tooltipp stated 45k dmg without proccs.
    Scope procc: 51k. 6k more (tooltipp) dmg from 1.8k agi on procc
    Xuen procc: 55k. 10k more dmg from 3k agi (wich makes perfekt sense, rule of proportion)
    Coren's procc: 62k. 17k more dmg from 10k AP. (this is a fuckin 38% more dmg for KC!!)
    thus, this trinket gives you additional damage that is worth ~5000 agi. it is a tad weaker, because you miss out on the ~4% crit 5k agi would give you, but otherwise, this could actually be compared to a slightly weaker trinket with static crit + agi procc, which is actually very decent. the ilvl is a bit low, but it wins out on 463er heros, and maybe some 476 even... (ilvl is not all, stat distribution matters! e.g. Shado-Pan trinket with a ~6% haste on use is kind of crap)
    what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    what do you guys think of Coren's Coaster?
    I thought it would be crap, as it has no agi. but basically agi only provides AP and a bit of crit, so AP only isn't that bad, the same with a wee bit less crit.

I just had a look at how much proccs influence KC (a purely AP scaling abillity)
    The tooltipp stated 45k dmg without proccs.
    Scope procc: 51k. 6k more (tooltipp) dmg from 1.8k agi on procc
    Xuen procc: 55k. 10k more dmg from 3k agi (wich makes perfekt sense, rule of proportion)
    Coren's procc: 62k. 17k more dmg from 10k AP. (this is a fuckin 38% more dmg for KC!!)
    thus, this trinket gives you additional damage that is worth ~5000 agi. it is a tad weaker, because you miss out on the ~4% crit 5k agi would give you, but otherwise, this could actually be compared to a slightly weaker trinket with static crit + agi procc, which is actually very decent. the ilvl is a bit low, but it wins out on 463er heros, and maybe some 476 even... (ilvl is not all, stat distribution matters! e.g. Shado-Pan trinket with a ~6% haste on use is kind of crap)
    what do you think?
    Low duration, high ICD I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Low duration, high ICD I believe
    low duration yes: 10sec,
    high ICD: not afaik, read 45sec on some database site, haven't tested it myself though so no garantee on that

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    low duration yes: 10sec,
    high ICD: not afaik, read 45sec on some database site, haven't tested it myself though so no garantee on that
    According our typical stat weights, it takes about 3-3.5 AP = 1 AGI. You can't just say 5000AGI=10000AP, crit matters too.

Coaster is roughly on par with Heroic Blue trinkets. Other epics and the Zen stone are far better.

With a 45sec ICD it averages to ~2400AP. Zen Stone and LFR Infinite stars both average to about 1250AGI, which is more AP on average in addition to crit chance.
    Last edited by Aertea; 2012-11-13 at 04:45 PM.