Page 17 of 64 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
19
27
... LastLast
  1. #321
    Bloodsail Admiral MKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Heavenly, Tahoe, California/Nevada
    Posts
    1,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    or 99% of the people can't do it there is a big difference.

    You would not be in the spot your in if it was not for your family. so to act like you achieved anything is stupid you where giving the handouts by your family who helped you. they worked for it not you.
    Nobody can't do something, there's so many stupid people that support the poor now days that it's easy to get assistance and get back on your feet then succeed. but all the poor expect everything to come right away. You have to work.

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    or 99% of the people can't do it there is a big difference.

    You would not be in the spot your in if it was not for your family. so to act like you achieved anything is stupid you where giving the handouts by your family who helped you. they worked for it not you.
    Precisely.
    Had you gone your *own* way, and said "Hey Mom/Dad, I want to achieve my own success without any assistance so I can say *I* did it", then all the power to you. But you didn't, so your argument about how people need to work hard to be successful, when you haven't done it yourself, and have ridden on the coattails of others (if that is even true, somehow it smacks of the usual BS on these forums) is absolutely, one of the worst arguments you can utilise.

  3. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    Nobody can't do something, there's so many stupid people that support the poor now days that it's easy to get assistance and get back on your feet then succeed. but all the poor expect everything to come right away. You have to work.
    what please tell me what you base this claim off of.

    OMG we want healthcare so we must be lazy right. Wrong as i said many other times of everyone else like the UK/Canada can give there people healthcare why the fuck can't we.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    Recent Video Upload: The Last of Us Remastered Multiplayer - Supply Raid "Jtbrig7390" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOrpuvXVXO0

    My Twitch Streaming Ps4 Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  4. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkacid View Post
    If you have such a low opinion of Americans you should really leave.
    No not Americans, Amerpeans there is no need to hate god honest Americans but it's the Ameripeans you have to look out for. They are usually liberals who get all their ideals from Europe and think that everything a European does is solid gold. The fact of the matter is they don't help out anything, they just sit on their couches and let bid daddy government pay for everything with tax dollars they have gotten from the very companies that the Ameripeans protest and say shouldn't exsist.

  5. #325
    The Lightbringer Deadvolcanoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    3,599
    Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    Yes i did get help from family, who was already rich. my family has always been rich for as long as anyone can remember. It's not hard to be successful it's just 99% of people don't have the drive to do it.
    You hear that guys and gals? It's not hard to be successful, you just have to be born into a rich family!
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

  6. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    what please tell me what you base this claim off of.

    OMG we want healthcare so we must be lazy right. Wrong as i said many other times of everyone else like the UK/Canada can give there people healthcare why the fuck can't we.
    We do.
    Also, here in Belgium, they pay for Medical Insurance, but it is ALL heavily subsidised, so full coverage for me and my wife is the princely sum of 15 Euros a month. With discounts if we live healthy lifestyles (Gym. regular checkups etc).
    Yet, in USA< I read people have to pay nearly 4-5 times that amount, with less coming in than we have here? It's insane...

  7. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Promises are speculative. I don't need to remind you of how many politicians say one thing and then do another. Laws and regulations are real. Actions based on speculation, in this case especially, are hasty and reactionary.
    He probably would have cut a lot of regulations and he would have had the ability to do it. A lot of regulations are controlled by the executive branch through blanket legislation that lets agencies like the EPA to do what they believe is good for the environment. The president has control of the EPA.

    The argument that reducing regulations would have saved jobs is another thing. I think a lot of these companies are seeing their profits go down because their industry is dying (coal) or they are not innovating and making their companies more efficient over time. So they instead rely on the government to give them tax breaks or subsides to help them stay in business.

  8. #328
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    You hear that guys and gals? It's not hard to be successful, you just have to be born into a rich family!
    Hey Paris Hilton has been using that for years...

    Didn't you know she is the paragon of individual success/motivation and drive?

  9. #329
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,210
    Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    It's not trolling if it's true, sorry that i don't care about poor people who refuse to go to the aid shelters and stuff they are offered because they refuse to give up drugs and alcohol. Instead they just want to steal everyone else money and live on welfare.
    That's a pretty big generalization there.

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    Yes i did get help from family, who was already rich. my family has always been rich for as long as anyone can remember. It's not hard to be successful it's just 99% of people don't have the drive to do it.
    Actually that has been proven wrong many times over by real life. In the current age you are required a certain level of income to be successful. The question becomes how you get that. You yourself said you go yours through help from your family. Many others do not have that option and their jobs refuse to give them enough to do anything beyond just survive (if that much).

    Yes, I do know of people who started off as poor as made something with it, but absolutely all of them used drugs money to subsidize that. Whether it was a company that sold trailers (subsidized by cocaine), an electronics shop (subsidized by heroin) or a auto-shop (subsidized by weed) all were subsidized by drugs since they couldn't get that help from other sources.

    Some got out of the drug game after they made it. Some, I heard, did not. But I have yet to hear of a single person out here who made it from the families where they were rolling pennies for gas to a well-off position without someone stepping in to throw in money on their behalf and lots of it.

  11. #331
    Bloodsail Admiral MKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Heavenly, Tahoe, California/Nevada
    Posts
    1,021
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    what please tell me what you base this claim off of.

    OMG we want healthcare so we must be lazy right. Wrong as i said many other times of everyone else like the UK/Canada can give there people healthcare why the fuck can't we.
    I don't know the answer to that, I've always had the same medical insurance and had everything covered. Maybe we use more expensive medical materials procedures than the others.

  12. #332
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    We do.
    Also, here in Belgium, they pay for Medical Insurance, but it is ALL heavily subsidised, so full coverage for me and my wife is the princely sum of 15 Euros a month. With discounts if we live healthy lifestyles (Gym. regular checkups etc).
    Yet, in USA< I read people have to pay nearly 4-5 times that amount, with less coming in than we have here? It's insane...
    Health insurance in the US is usually hundreds of dollars per month. So something like 20-100x what you pay.
    Last edited by Prokne; 2012-11-10 at 10:35 PM.

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    We do.
    Also, here in Belgium, they pay for Medical Insurance, but it is ALL heavily subsidised, so full coverage for me and my wife is the princely sum of 15 Euros a month. With discounts if we live healthy lifestyles (Gym. regular checkups etc).
    Yet, in USA< I read people have to pay nearly 4-5 times that amount, with less coming in than we have here? It's insane...
    Put it like this just for my meds alone is 1200$ a month and that is just 4 total 2 costing over 400$ each. one of them is around 700$ by itself.

    Ya med's and shit is stupid high over here. last week i had a ear infection and the drops for it was 80$.....
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    Recent Video Upload: The Last of Us Remastered Multiplayer - Supply Raid "Jtbrig7390" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOrpuvXVXO0

    My Twitch Streaming Ps4 Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  14. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Health insurance in the US is usually hundreds of dollars per month.
    That's fucking insane.

    Like, seriously. Insane.


    Jesus...why the hell are morons campaigning AGAINST changing this?

  15. #335
    Old God Grizzly Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin
    Posts
    10,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    You hear that guys and gals? It's not hard to be successful, you just have to be born into a rich family!
    It's almost as bad as the "I was living off of food stamps before I got back on my feet. Nobody helped me." bullshit.

  16. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Put it like this just for my meds alone is 1200$ a month and that is just 4 total 2 costing over 400$ each.

    Ya med's and shit is stupid high over here. last week i had a ear infection and the drops for it was 80$.....
    Holy s**t.
    You have my sympathies, no one should have to bankrupt themselves just to pay for being sick.

    As many famous people have said, we should judge our societies on how we look after our lowest members, not just our highest.
    T

  17. #337
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    That's fucking insane.

    Like, seriously. Insane.


    Jesus...why the hell are morons campaigning AGAINST changing this?
    Epistemic enclosure. Basically, they just believe what they want to believe. That's after the employer often picks up some of the tab too. I know, amazingly oblivious aren't they...
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

  18. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    You hear that guys and gals? It's not hard to be successful, you just have to be born into a rich family!
    No no no. You just have to work (pray) harder. If you fail, it just means you didn't work (pray) hard enough. Your success (salvation) will come. You just need to let the free market invisible hand (having faith in god) do its thing and everything will be (magically) better.

  19. #339
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    That's fucking insane.

    Like, seriously. Insane.


    Jesus...why the hell are morons campaigning AGAINST changing this?
    See why we are asking for the healthcare plan because paying 200-400$ a month for healthcare is bullshit even more so when it barely covers anything"Depending the company you have to go threw"

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 10:37 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    No no no. You just have to work (pray) harder. If you fail, it just means you didn't work (pray) hard enough. Your success (salvation) will come. You just need to let the free market invisible hand (having faith in god) do its thing and everything will be (magically) better.
    Amen!!!!!!



    ---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 10:39 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Holy s**t.
    You have my sympathies, no one should have to bankrupt themselves just to pay for being sick.

    As many famous people have said, we should judge our societies on how we look after our lowest members, not just our highest.
    T
    Thanks and not to get to personal i was on disability until they decided because i flipped the age of 18 i no longer needed my meds. i fought it for 3 years and lost it at the age of 21.

    I was on it from 10 to 21 *when they finally took it away* because and i Quote "The rules are different"
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-11-10 at 10:40 PM.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    Recent Video Upload: The Last of Us Remastered Multiplayer - Supply Raid "Jtbrig7390" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOrpuvXVXO0

    My Twitch Streaming Ps4 Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  20. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    That's fucking insane.

    Like, seriously. Insane.


    Jesus...why the hell are morons campaigning AGAINST changing this?
    Because conservative Americans are brainwashed by the Republicans and all their fear mongering spouted by the likes of Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and the folks at Fox News has made people believe that healthcare for all equals socialism and socialism equals bad. Pretty sure if socialism was even the least bit bad, we wouldn't have equal opportunity healthcare here in Canada.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •