Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
    You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
    You cannot help little men by tearing down big men.
    You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
    You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
    You cannot establish sound security on borrowed money.
    You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
    You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than you earn.
    You cannot build character and courage by destroying men's initiative and independence.
    And you cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they can and should do for themselves.

Obama needs to heed these words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkacid View Post
    If they had been accurate words then, yes, he should.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Papa Johns pizza is just gross IMO. So this is just another reason they don't get my business.

You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
    You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
    You cannot help little men by tearing down big men.
    You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
    You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
    You cannot establish sound security on borrowed money.
    You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than you earn.
    You cannot build character and courage by destroying men's initiative and independence.
    And you cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they can and should do for themselves.

I think 4 years of hollow rhetoric is enough. Maybe the GOP should focus more on solutions and reason.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, my local Papa Johns has been declining in quality recently, so it won't bother me much to stop eating there. Plus, bigger incentive to eat at local restaurants.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    He doesn't need to incite class hatred when rich CEO's who make more money in a year than a lot of people do in their entire life, lay off entire factories worth of people as preemptive action and to further their political agenda.
    Last edited by mmoc40f44cec44; 2012-11-11 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    He doesn't need to incite class hatred, when rich CEO's who make more money in a year than a lot of people do in their entire life, lay off entire factories worth of people as preemptive action and to further their political agenda.
    Remember, its only class warfare if a democrat does it.

When the GOP nominee calls 47% of the country shiftless its just telling the truth.

I thought as a smart business you constantly adapt to the changing environment. Energy should be no different from any other major business. What I got from the article is a company that have sat on a good product, but have failed to improve or include some alternatives in order to keep up with the market. They could have pioneered into alternative energy resources or invested in research that could have made coal energy more viable in a much more Green Energy focused World.

Now with lost opportunities they are just whining and making a scene to blame the Government for their failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can do whatever they want with their company and claim it is for whatever reason they want. If it is such a big deal to everyone, don't buy the pizza until they change their ways. If they don''t change anytime soon, you can bet they are still making good money and the public doesn't care enough to stop buying their products.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    Yes i did get help from family, who was already rich. my family has always been rich for as long as anyone can remember. It's not hard to be successful it's just 99% of people don't have the drive to do it.
    that's just plain stupidity, if 99% of the people we're rich, well then you wouldn't be.

the differnce between the 99% and the 1% is morality or more the lack of it.

you think it's just about the will too work ?

Let me tell you something I have combined school with work since I was 15 before it was even legal for me to get a job, despite that I wouldn't be able to pay full tuition for school if I didn't get help, because my mother is alone and I have 3 sibling and she just can't afford to pay school for me and my brother and sister even though she is was working 3 jobs for almost 20 years and 2 jobs the last 10 years because she Is just too old to keep 3 jobs.

It's easy to talk when your born in a family with lots of assest, if you aren't that lucky despite working way more then most of my friends I ll still have more trouble to get the same education as they are, because I have to split my attention between work and school.

school is a right and I don't see why people from lower class should be denied that right just because they weren't born in a wealth family.

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is some CEOs are seriously considering leaving the country with their businesses. You think our economy is bad now, wait til all the big companies leave to china or elsewhere, everyone will still be buying their products and their money won't be going into the United States, that can't last long.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got sick reading that a company would fire an employee over who they voted. Even assuming and firing... What a terrible reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is some CEOs are seriously considering leaving the country with their businesses. You think our economy is bad now, wait til all the big companies leave to china or elsewhere, everyone will still be buying their products and their money won't be going into the United States, that can't last long.
    So? There are 300,000,000+ Americans. Lets say 100,000 rich people leave. Now there are 299,900,000 Americans. I think that, based on sheer numbers alone, there would be plenty of people to pick up the slack.

The idea that we need wealthy people in order to function as a nation is STUPID. It makes NO economic sense.

You have a job that needs to be done? No money? Barter. You let me stay at your house and I'll do all the yardwork.

But here's a shocker: that refinery can still operate without it's CEO! In fact, a company could easily dump every million-dollar leech on it's payroll and make significantly more money than it ever did before! You need to lay off ~200 workers working for ~minimum wage to equal 1 million dollars. Now, imagine that you instead, laid off your 15 million+ CEO? Which one of these has a bigger negative impact on the company? Laying off ~200 workers and closing a dozen shops to make a million? Or Laying off one person and closing nothing to make 15 million. Gee I hope your math is as good as your bullshit.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would actually be the best thing possible. We'll see how long those coddled CEO's last when they can't go running back to the United States whenever some Russian or Chinese politico decides their regular "contribution" to the "retirement fund" wasn't big enough. Its not like there isn't a long line of folks ready and eager to replace them. Maybe the new batch will have fewer delusional "titans of industry" in it.

Try not to let your ego hit you in the butt on your way out.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-11-11 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    You cant get a job from a poor person, you cant cure poverty by stealing from the rich or taxing the fuck out of them and throwing it at the poor.... you cure poverty by encouraging education and personal responsibility.
    stealing from the riches, do u know the company accelor mital ?
    despite a profit of 1.54 billion euro's he paid less taxes then I did by earning 50k

and now the he took profit of the loop holes in the tax system he is just closing shop and moving to china.
    If you think thhat the 1% percent of rich pay more taxes then the 99% other % i'am sorry but you are very very wrong.

Companies with big profit tend to know and use loop holes that we can't afford and don't even know about.

The US is in decline and caused the biggest world wide recession because of that stupid mentality.

It's fine being rich but becoming rich by abusing a system and putting the poor in an even more disastrous situation is just plain wrong.

The rich companies are the reason why today we are in a bad situation I don't see any reason why the not rich should have to pay for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mking, are you just going to ignore the people pointing out how ridiculous your 99% statement is?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Murray energy fires 150+ employees in response to Obama re-election.
    http://m.washingtonpost.com/business...684_story.html
    You mean Murray Energy, the same company that was negligent with their mine conditions in Utah where a mine that received over 300 citations in a five year period collapsed and killed 9 people including 6 miners and three rescuers who tried to get them out a couple years ago? You know what we need for that? MORE REGULATIONS. There should be penalties for not following through with resolving 325 citations with over 100 of them being serious concerns. You shouldn't be able to get a list of problems from an investigator then just file it away and not solve the problems leading to people dying without facing serious, serious penalties.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what? Maybe we could just have an exchange program. There are plenty of Chinese millionaires who would be up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    Again I ask, why are people acting surprised by this? Businesses sent msgs to employees before election that this is exactly what would happen. This is what people wanted...
    Because businesses shouldn't have the say on who their employees vote for? If my employer told me to vote a certain way or else hours would be cut and layoffs would happen, I'd tell them to shove it. Corporations should not be able to sway voting by threatening their employees with cutbacks, whether they follow through or not.

That would probably result in some unforseen consequences for them. They probably wouldn't be able to continue buying American politicians since it looks bad for them to accept campaign money from foreign corporations. So then we can just raise tariffs on their products to encourage people to buy goods tat are still made in the US.

Also I seriously doubt there are many good places for them to go. They wouldnt want to go to Europe since their system is what they are trying to avoid. Africa has nothing. Middle East, right GL w/o the US military to protect you. China, Japan have fun with regulations and corrupt politicians who get power from political parties, not businesses. South America is only slightly better than Africa. They could probably go to SE Asia but as soon as those countries get their act together they will probably take it out on foreign business.