Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Papa Johns CEO threatens to reduce employee hours or increase pizza prices so he doesn't have to pay for healthcare.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_2104202.html

Oh look a picture of John Schnatters house. i.imgur.com/T7W2j.png

Your pizza sucks anyways, John.
    How the hell does someone who sells such shitty pizza get a house that big? Holy shit USA, start eating at a local pizza place. It's not like pizza is expensive.

Dominos, papa johns, and all those other chain pizza places suck ass. Shit people, dont you have any actual local pizza joint around you? 99% of the time they are far superior to any of these chains. Go support a local business.

And the best part is, local pizza places usually cost LESS then these fucking chains. You're spending more money on cardboard and tomatoe paste then on an actual good pizza.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post

imo why would you wanna live longer anyway? Things are so much better when you dont exist, life sucks.

Death is so final.

Most people don't share your bleak world view that life is worthless, that non-existence is superior. I for one desire to live as long as I can.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thelordymir View Post
    Dominos, papa johns, and all those other chain pizza places suck ass. Shit people, dont you have any actual local pizza joint around you? 99% of the time they are far superior to any of these chains. Go support a local business.
    The local joints are too expensive for something as mundane as order-in pizza.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    When you increase taxes and regulation and expenses, prices will go up and payrolls will go down. That is reality. If you don't like it, don't vote those who are for increased taxes and regulation and expenses.
    Why doesn't the CEO just take a smaller piece of the pie, which still ends up being an incredibly huge piece of pie. Wouldn't that be a smart business decision?
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why doesn't the CEO just take a smaller piece of the pie, which still ends up being an incredibly huge piece of pie. Wouldn't that be a smart business decision?
    Because he has a sixth yacht to buy.
    Putin khuliyo

Local is the way to go. I live outside New Haven and we have the best pizza in the country (/deathstare nyc).

I would gladly pay 20 cents extra per pizza knowing that each employee has health insurance. They could raise prices and people wouldn't even know.
    The only time I've seen people notice price increases that weren't just rediculous is gas prices. People notice every cent for gas prices. Nothing else. $.20 extra per pizza? Oh? I can't even tell you the exact price of pizza now, or a year ago.

Papa Johns CEO threatens to reduce employee hours or increase pizza prices so he doesn't have to pay for healthcare.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_2104202.html

Murray energy fires 150+ employees in response to Obama re-election.
    http://m.washingtonpost.com/business...684_story.html

So I guess this is the new thing. Blame layoffs and price increases that were already going to happen on Obama. Murray energy should probably blame the free market for its layoffs, since they are a direct result of the rising competitiveness of Natural Gas via fracking. It's no wonder they deny climate change and lobby for unsafe working conditions to reduce cost.

Oh look a picture of John Schnatters house. i.imgur.com/T7W2j.png

Your pizza sucks anyways, John.
    I'm pretty certain employers have been passing health care costs onto consumers for decades.

Obamcare defines "full-time" employees as those working at least 30 hours per week. This new definition means employees working 30+ hours per week must be provided health insurance coverage by their employer. Naturally, employers will respond by only giving employees less than 30 hours per week to save costs, or by hiring contractors.

Its objectively fair to blame Obamacare for this. That is law change that is pushing employers like Papa John's to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    People are boycotting companies like this because of what reason?? business??

Newsflash, this is just the beginning and it's going to happen when obamacare forces companies to adapt to this new thing.

You can't be mad for companies wanting to make profits, that's how business works. you vote for obamacare, expect the shitstorm to be happening.
    Actually, this is exactly how capitalism is supposed to work. Instead of a government coming in and making a law against it, the free market decides what's acceptable using their dollars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    I actually think the CEO's are doing this to intentionally hobble their companies, to make Obama look as if he is hurting them. Kind of the equivalent of getting brushed up against in soccer and throwing yourself to the ground, howling in agony and hoping to God everyone watching believes you've genuinely been fouled.
    Of course they are. Look at the nonsense Trump and that moron who claimed Obama was fixing the unemployment numbers are pulling. Look at what the banks are doing even after Bush and Obama used taxpayer money to save their crooked asses. People claiming this is Obamacare's fault are conveniently ignoring countries across the world that have even more comprehensive coverage, like Switzerland. These mental midgets are just looking for excuses and the American people not being subservient enough to elect their golfing buddy has quite a few of them "miffed."

Maybe it is time we brought something else over from France besides French Fries. The guillotine comes to mind.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Because self sacrifice is not noble anymore, haven't you seen the thread? People only expect businesses to chase the dollar and pay cuts and layoffs are for the little man, not the distinguished educated and indispensable CEO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Of course they are. Look at the nonsense Trump and that moron who claimed Obama was fixing the unemployment numbers are pulling. Look at what the banks are doing even after Bush and Obama used taxpayer money to save their crooked asses. People claiming this is Obamacare's fault are conveniently ignoring countries across the world that have even more comprehensive coverage, like Switzerland. These mental midgets are just looking for excuses and the American people not being subservient enough to elect their golfing buddy has quite a few of them miffed.

Maybe it is time we brought something else over from France besides French Fries. The guillotine comes to mind.
    Can we bring over Mitterand too?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Businesses exist to make money. They do not exist to hire employees. Obamacare, in effect, pays businesses money (incentivizes them) to operate by reducing employee hours and laying people off.

This is horrible. They're intentionally fucking themselves to make the situation look bad.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

The majority of businesses exist to make money. Ergo, business will do what it takes to remain profitable.

If an expense increases, it results in a few actions. One is to increase prices and have the buyer absorb most or all of the cost. Another is to reduce the reliance on the cause of that expense (reducing the expense overall). In reality, a mix of both is the most common.

Unfortunately for employees at Papa Johns (and hundreds of other companies), the increase in expense is in personnel - directly attributed to Obamacare. Thus, lay-offs.

Just like haters gonna hate and gators gonna gait, (profit) makers gonna make.

The attempts to get more people insured, increase wages (eg: minimum wage), etc. are all in good spirit. The problem is that they result in a net loss of jobs/income and an increase in the cost of goods and services.

Having 100 people employed at $5/hr is inherently better for the economy than having 50 people employed at $10/hr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    Actually, this is exactly how capitalism is supposed to work. Instead of a government coming in and making a law against it, the free market decides what's acceptable using their dollars.
    Free market is such a lousy term. Can you buy slaves? Can you sell children? How bout plutonium or illicit drugs? We don't have a free market and never will and never have. The reality of the conversation is that we are arguing about the margins. Many of us happen to think being a civilized society means people get health care.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    Businesses exist to make money. They do not exist to hire employees. Obamacare, in effect, pays businesses money (incentivizes them) to operate by reducing employee hours and laying people off.
    So what you're saying is that capitalism is dying and is not applicable to a westernized society who demands its workers be compensated and taken care of in exchange for 40+ hours of weekly servitude?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Can we bring over Mitterand too?
    Yuck, name is too... "French" sounding. Got a Billy Joe Bob?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jmt View Post
    Having 100 people employed at $5/hr is inherently better for the economy than having 50 people employed at $10/hr.
    Which is exactly why America is such a shitty country to live in for low-income workers. Can we drop this 19th century industrial mindset already?

His problems can be offset by a slight and not likely even noticeable increase to his pizza prices yet he is going to lay people off and cut hours instead. Or do both.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.