Page 20 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I found a solution!

Papa Johns saves the money they've been spending on text messages, and spends it on health insurance instead.
    Just another example of big government spending that's out of control. Oh wait...

$5 says they'll just give themselves million dollars bonuses at the end of the year for a job well done instead of employing people. Good ol job creators, doing a fine job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    It's pretty crummy. Definitely vastly inferior to Domino's since their revamp. I mean, Papa J's isn't inedible or anything, but that's just because it's still pizza.
    I personally enjoy Papa Johns more than any other pizza I've head in the US, apart from a tiny pizza place/music bar near the center of Columbus.

As for blaming the election on this, hopefully the majority of the US knows to take this with a grain of salt. Its a good thing that companies are being influenced to stop profit maximization when it comes to employee health.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are surprised by this? If you increase the costs of doing business, it's usually the customers or the employees (or both) who pay the costs.

If we had zero regulations we would have slaves again. Human greed knows no limits - none. Child slaves, no problem. If there is no law to stop the greedy bastards they would do everything to maximize their profits. And they are whining all the time. When there was slavery they where whining about the price of slaves they had to pay. Do not listen to them. Use common sense. The beast capitalism needs a firm hand or it will eat you.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    What a bunch of children. If Romney got elected the same thing would be happening.
    No because obama care would go out the window. WHy are liberals so blind. If you force a company to pay health care for all its employees that money doesn't come out of thin air. They are going to cut their labor force to make up the difference. It will happen in every company. Papa johns is just the first. Which means of course that unemployment will continue to rise until four years from now its over 40%. And the democrats and liberals will still blame bush regardless that obamas been in control for 8 years. First 4 years unemployment rose from 9% to 20% because of obamas policies. It will continue under him guaranteed because his policies dont work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daftone View Post
    . First 4 years unemployment rose from 9% to 20% because of obamas policies. It will continue under him guaranteed because his policies dont work
    And your source for this is... what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Pizza Hut! Pizza Hut! Pizza Hut!

(I like Little Caesar's too, don't tell anyone.)

Shouldn't the government or some organization be stepping in and saying "No you can't fire people because you're a hypocrite."?

I wish. Just don't buy the pizza.
    Pizza Hut turned to shit in the late 90s.

I don't know how on earth this happened, but as far as big-chain pizza goes, Dominos is king.

I'm not going to say their pizza is an award-winner... but it's far and away the best big-chain pizza you can get.

10+ Year Old Account
    You people are your pizza chains. Local/homemade or bust!

Stop buying their pizza if they're being idiots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Pizza Hut turned to shit in the late 90s.

I don't know how on earth this happened, but as far as big-chain pizza goes, Dominos is king.

I'm not going to say their pizza is an award-winner... but it's far and away the best big-chain pizza you can get.
    I haven't ate pizze from Pizza Hut for some time now, but it has always been a good pizza in our country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Just sounds like they're being spiteful and childish, and these are the people that some folks want to just have regulate themselves?
    Politics turns people into moronic children. People don't look at the other candidate. They look at the people on "that side" and want so bad to rub in their faces that they've lost that they cannot handle when they lose themselves. The lunatics are coming out of the woodwork. And for this CEO, he's only hurting himself. Luckily for him he's made his fortunes.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

meh, the more big companies act this way the more it will just lead to this countries downfall or revolution

No because obama care would go out the window. WHy are liberals so blind. If you force a company to pay health care for all its employees that money doesn't come out of thin air. They are going to cut their labor force to make up the difference. It will happen in every company. Papa johns is just the first. Which means of course that unemployment will continue to rise until four years from now its over 40%. And the democrats and liberals will still blame bush regardless that obamas been in control for 8 years. First 4 years unemployment rose from 9% to 20% because of obamas policies. It will continue under him guaranteed because his policies dont work
    He's been in control for 4 years, not 8. Counting is hard. Also in 2011 they had $1.22 billion in revenue, an increase of $.08 billion from 2010. Their profits were $86.3 and $82.3 million, respectively. In order to cover his employee's health benefits he would have to increase price of pizza by 14 cents.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1752126.html

You guys are all completely missing the point... that guy HAS A DRAWBRIDGE!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Obamacare would only be changed to Romneycare. Romney and the GoP actually supported the bill for the longest time, until the GoP decided to lock out bipartisanship, he even passed a bill in Mass thats basicallly just like Obamacare.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2012-11-14 at 01:59 AM.

Do you have a source corroborating 20% unemployment?

Of course costs are going up due to Obamacare. Did you really think, though, that a Poppa John's employee could afford health insurance without an employer subsidy?

If it has to be this way (And I still think there are better ways to have handled the health care situation) then it's better 10% of their employees get laid off while the remaining 90% get health care than everyone keeping their job and no one getting it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 02:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Obamacare would only be changed to Romneycare. Romney and the GoP actually supported the bill for the longest time, until the GoP decided to lock out bipartisanship, he even passed a bill in Mass thats basicallly just like Obamacare.
    Actually Romney fought the Massachussetts bill and vetoed 8 line items from the bill from the Mass. state legislature. All 8 of his vetos were overturned.

Calling Massachussetts health care "Romney care" is like if Obama refused to extend the Bush tax cuts with Congress overriding his veto. Then the press would call them "The Obama-era tax cuts".

If it has to be this way (And I still think there are better ways to have handled the health care situation) then it's better 10% of their employees get laid off while the remaining 90% get health care than everyone keeping their job and no one getting it.
    Or that the cost of a rather unhealthy food go up a couple of cents.

OBamacare only applies to full time employees. Cutting back hours prevents you from having to offer a government mandated health plan that costs you more money. We need to make an environment where hiring people is a benefit and not a liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    OBamacare only applies to full time employees. Cutting back hours prevents you from having to offer a government mandated health plan that costs you more money. We need to make an environment where hiring people is a benefit and not a liability.
    The only time that would ever be the case is:

A) If the demand for your business went up

or

B) The government began paying you to hire people

If there's one thing I can't fucking stand as a Republican it's when people say that giving someone money will make them hire someone else. It makes me embarrassed to vote for the GOP and when my supposed candidates say it it makes me fucking vote for a third party.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 02:32 AM ----------

I will say this, however, in Papa John's defense.

They don't make that much money.

I'm serious, too. People say "They made $1.22 billion in revenue last year!" or "The CEO has a drawbridge!"

Let's look at it in context.

That $1.22 billion in revenue is just that. Revenue. Their actual profit is about $52 million or about 4.5 cents on the dollar. Profit (for anyone who doesn't have a legitimate understanding of what profit really is) is only what's left over after you've paid all your bills (Employee salaries, cost of buying materials and paying rents, marketing etc). With 16,000 employees that means Papa John's earns about $3,250 per employee.

I'm not sure what an employer pays per person on a group plan, but you can be damn sure it's more than $3,000.

So Papa John's does have 2, very legitimate, choices. They can either try and cut costs and still bring in the same revenue given the increased expenses (Keeping their profit the same) or they can increase costs and not lay anyone off (Also keeping revenue the same).

The fact of the matter is that increased costs ARE going to have to come from somewhere because the company's margins can't go much lower without failing to turn a profit.