Page 22 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    It's more like $18 after you count the tip and delivery fee.
    I usually pick it up. Almost every time I get pizza is on a weekend when I'm getting ready for football and need to do some grocery shopping anyway. The grocery store is like 1.5 miles away, and Dominos is about 0.3 miles from there, so it's not really worth the ~$6 for delivery and tip.

But yeah, delivery is amazing if it's one of those nights. Really, I can just put some shit into my computer and pizza shows up? Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Who the hell pays a delivery fee? Dominos are practically Starbucks with how many of them are in driving distance of any given area.
    Lots of people. That delivery is still offered as a service at pretty much every pizza place is a pretty sure sign of how common it is.

Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

There was a Dominos in my college town when I was in school that tasted like shit smeared on half baked dough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    There was a Dominos in my college town when I was in school that tasted like shit smeared on half baked dough.
    They fucking sucked until they overhauled their stuff recently. I don't know what year that was, but it made an absolutely huge difference. They went from my least favorite pizza in the known universe to a solid 6.5 out of 10.

How long ago was that? They changed their stuff really drastically, they even aired commercials here that said something like "We know we sucked, we're sorry, we're good now."

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    They fucking sucked until they overhauled their stuff recently. I don't know what year that was, but it made an absolutely huge difference. They went from my least favorite pizza in the known universe to a solid 6.5 out of 10.
    Well that was really anti-climactic.

Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

How long ago was that? They changed their stuff really drastically, they even aired commercials here that said something like "We know we sucked, we're sorry, we're good now."
    Now you owe me a Coke...

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Now you owe me a Coke...
    Sorry, all I have is Pepsi.

IDK? 4 years ago?

IDK? 4 years ago?
    The change happened in 2009 if I'm looking this up right, so you were a bit early.

Eh. Almost any town is going to have a place where you can get pizza better than the chain stuff anyway.

Not shocked. Corporations are not going to take a loss in profits. Yeah it may not be right but its a reality.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Eh. Almost any town is going to have a place where you can get pizza better than the chain stuff anyway.
    It depends on what you want at that moment, too.

Lots of people. That delivery is still offered as a service at pretty much every pizza place is a pretty sure sign of how common it is.
    Of course I realize the service exists for a reason. Mine is a question of practicality.

I'm simply asking why the hell someone would pay a $3.50 delivery charge when the nearest Dominos is probably 5 minutes up the road.

Yeah, I don't think anyone disagrees with that. Dominos is cheap, convenient, delivers, open late, and takes online orders though.

On a side note, the Maryland burbs outside of DC are AWFUL for pizza. The only place I know of that's definitely better than Dominos is about a 25 minute drive and doesn't deliver. For someone used to the pizza and wings from Buffalo, NY this is tragic, but such is life.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 11:45 PM ----------

I'm simply asking why the hell someone would pay a $3.50 delivery charge when the nearest Dominos is probably 5 minutes up the road.
    I think I've got at least three reasons I've done it -

1. Drinking. If you're drinking, driving's not a good option. Also, you won't care about the delivery charge (I think it's $2 here, plus tip).

2. Football is on. If I desire pizza, but I'm watching my Bills or Huskers, I'm not missing a half quarter to avoid spending an irrelevant sum of money.

3. I have a group of people here. When everyone kicks in a dollar and no one moves, everyone wins.

Of course I realize the service exists for a reason. Mine is a question of practicality.

Because sometimes having to put on pants is not worth 3.50.

When i was like 13-16 my parents would go out to eat every once in a while so they would leave me 20$ and say order pizza for myself. The delivery was pretty useful considering i couldn't drive. Also people are lazy or just want to relax and not waste gas. There is a lot of reasons.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Being lazy, being tired, not wanting to drive, not wanting to leave your house, being busy. Lots of reasons, really.

Because sometimes having to put on pants is not worth 3.50.
    You have a point there.

Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post

This is the price of raising taxes on the "1%", their businesses suffer as a result. You can't support higher taxes on the wealthy and then complain when they do what they need to do to deal with those higher taxes.
    For all that we hate them, never forget that the rich own you. The fact you're reading this on a computer screen almost screams the fact that you are OWNED by the rich elite of the world. Don't doubt that if they ever even noticed your insignificant self, they could crush you like the ant you are.

Now get over it and have some fun, yo
    "Moral reason must learn how to make coercion its ally without running the risk of a Pyrrhic victory in which the ally exploits and negates the triumph."

The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Sorry, all I have is Pepsi.
    That's because Pepsi is superior. Coke tastes like sawdust.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.