Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Hell no. Then again, I tend to taste subtle flavors in food in extremes. Cilantro tastes heavily like soap, beans taste heavily like wax (same with avocado), cauliflower is extremely bitter to me (as it dark chocolate), energy drinks and just about everything similar tastes very similar to cough syrup, etc.
    Don't diss dark chocolate!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    it has become a sad state of affairs that people would rather look like brain washed idiots then admit they was wrong

Hell no. Then again, I tend to taste subtle flavors in food in extremes. Cilantro tastes heavily like soap, beans taste heavily like wax (same with avocado), cauliflower is extremely bitter to me (as it dark chocolate), energy drinks and just about everything similar tastes very similar to cough syrup, etc.
    Yeah, I think there's some specific allele that causes that if I recall. I love cilantro, and my ex hated it for the same reason you say. Cooking Mexican food sucked as a result.

Energy drinks are all fucking awful. I'm with you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I either wear welders goggles when I drive, or I go at night

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yeah, I think there's some specific allele that causes that if I recall. I love cilantro, and my ex hated it for the same reason you say. Cooking Mexican food sucked as a result.

Energy drinks are all fucking awful. I'm with you there.
    Well, do energy drinks taste like cough syrup to you?

Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Don't diss dark chocolate!
    dark chocolate is way too strong/intense. milk chocolate is clearly the best.

Not quite, but they taste like extremely sugary crap with no redeeming qualities at all. For some awful reason, my buddy and I drank like 6 cans of Diet Monster one night when we had to make a long ass drive though. It's good for staying awake!

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 12:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I find both amazing. I love white chocolate too.

I don't know, I tend to see the best in every type of food. I'm discerning within types, but almost every type of food tastes good to me when it's done right for my tastes.

Red Bull tastes like cough syrup to me. I can't, for the life of me, understand how it got so popular. Monster and AMP, on the other hand, taste rather good.

So does Bawls.

Not quite, but they taste like extremely sugary crap with no redeeming qualities at all. For some awful reason, my buddy and I drank like 6 cans of Diet Monster one night when we had to make a long ass drive though. It's good for staying awake!

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 12:50 AM ----------

I find both amazing. I love white chocolate too.

I don't know, I tend to see the best in every type of food. I'm discerning within types, but almost every type of food tastes good to me when it's done right for my tastes.
    Yeah, too me, they taste very similar to cough syrup if it had been sugared and carbonated in an attempt to pass it off as a soda or something.

Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

Yeah, too me, they taste very similar to cough syrup if it had been sugared and carbonated in an attempt to pass it off as a soda or something.
    Yeah, that's spot on. I could never quite put my finger on what I hate about them, but cough syrup with a ton of sugar and carbonation is exactly how they taste to me.

I saw this on my facebook, too.

People need to do research before reposting these mindless memes.

Papa John's is a Franchise company. If you don't know what a Franchise is, go look it up for the love of god.

The stores you see with the Papa John's logos? They aren't owned by Papa John's the company. They're owned by small business owners all over the US.

Most likely, Papa John's won't be reducing anyone's hours, because most of their employees are already full time and already on healthcare with the company. The people who will be reducing the hours, and cutting jobs, are the franchise owners. Because they have to get by, too.
    Tiriel <Demise> of US-Kel'Thuzad

Thank you to Yoni for this AMAZING signature!

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I saw this on my facebook, too.

People need to do research before reposting these mindless memes.

Papa John's is a Franchise company. If you don't know what a Franchise is, go look it up for the love of god.

The stores you see with the Papa John's logos? They aren't owned by Papa John's the company. They're owned by small business owners all over the US.

Most likely, Papa John's won't be reducing anyone's hours, because most of their employees are already full time and already on healthcare with the company. The people who will be reducing the hours, and cutting jobs, are the franchise owners. Because they have to get by, too.
    I suggest you do some more research.

Papa Johns INTL sells both franchises (and takes 5-7% of their profits) and also operates many of its own stores in a corporate environment. Not every Papa Johns is a franchise.

Yeah, that's spot on. I could never quite put my finger on what I hate about them, but cough syrup with a ton of sugar and carbonation is exactly how they taste to me.
    I wonder why they taste like that? I had the same reaction to Mountain Dew: Game Fuel. At first I thought it was the caffeine, but I recently accidentally added 150mg of caffeine to about 18 ounces of coke and it didn't taste like that. I was seeing if I could make strawberry Coke and used some packet of Crystal Light, but didn't notice until after I poured it in that it was the energy type. That reminds me, why do companies get to put shit on their packaging like "2.5 servings per packet" when it recommends you add the entire packet to 20 ounces of water and the packet has no way of practically resealing or carrying it around without spilling?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    American dark chocolate is junk (no offense). Russian dark chocolate is simply fantastic.
    “…the whole trouble lies here. In words, words. Each one of us has within him a whole world of things, each man of us his own special world. And how can we ever come to an understanding if I put in the words I utter the sense and value of things as I see them; while you who listen to me must inevitably translate them according to the conception of things each one of you has within himself. We think we understand each other, but we never really do.”
    XKCD is always relevant. Always.

I wonder why they taste like that? I had the same reaction to Mountain Dew: Game Fuel. At first I thought it was the caffeine, but I recently accidentally added 150mg of caffeine to about 18 ounces of coke and it didn't taste like that. I was seeing if I could make strawberry Coke and used some packet of Crystal Light, but didn't notice until after I poured it in that it was the energy type.
    I have no idea. I guess really sugary stuff is my one sore spot with food in general. I'm pretty sensitive to things being overly sweet. It's pretty rare I'll drink a beverage with sugar at all, it just really seems to hit my taste buds hard. I like apple cider and that's about it.

That reminds me, why do companies get to put shit on their packaging like "2.5 servings per packet" when it recommends you add the entire packet to 20 ounces of water and the packet has no way of practically resealing or carrying it around without spilling?
    This one gets me HARD. When I used to drink Kool-Aid (the sugar free kind, again with that idiosyncrasy), I had to dilute it like 3:1 out of the jug it was kept in. I don't understand how people drink it straight.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 01:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    American dark chocolate is junk (no offense). Russian dark chocolate is simply fantastic.
    Don't be silly, Americans don't eat American dark chocolate

There's quite a few options I like. I'm pretty biased towards Belgium and German though.

I have no idea. I guess really sugary stuff is my one sore spot with food in general. I'm pretty sensitive to things being overly sweet. It's pretty rare I'll drink a beverage with sugar at all, it just really seems to hit my taste buds hard. I like apple cider and that's about it.

This one gets me HARD. When I used to drink Kool-Aid (the sugar free kind, again with that idiosyncrasy), I had to dilute it like 3:1 out of the jug it was kept in. I don't understand how people drink it straight.
    That's rather odd. Maybe you're also very sensitive to flavors, but you're overly sensitive to sweetness whereas I'm overly sensitive to bitterness? I mean, unless your family made extremely strong Kool-Aid, having to dilute that stuff is extremely odd.

Don't be silly, Americans don't eat American dark chocolate

There's quite a few options I like. I'm pretty biased towards Belgium and German though.
    And for good reason! I enjoy Belgian chocolate as well, although it definitely has a distinctively different taste from Russian chocolate, to the point where you could easily put them down as two different types of candy altogether.
    “…the whole trouble lies here. In words, words. Each one of us has within him a whole world of things, each man of us his own special world. And how can we ever come to an understanding if I put in the words I utter the sense and value of things as I see them; while you who listen to me must inevitably translate them according to the conception of things each one of you has within himself. We think we understand each other, but we never really do.”
    XKCD is always relevant. Always.

That's rather odd. Maybe you're also very sensitive to flavors, but you're overly sensitive to sweetness whereas I'm overly sensitive to bitterness? I mean, unless your family made extremely strong Kool-Aid, having to dilute that stuff is extremely odd.
    Nah, even the stuff I make at home now (I think I've been out of my parent's for ~6 years), or Crystal Light is the same for me. All of it just tastes insanely sweet to me. I guess that's odd. It might be a sweetness thing, since I usually don't like non-diet sodas either.

---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 01:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    And for good reason! I enjoy Belgian chocolate as well, although it definitely has a distinctively different taste from Russian chocolate, to the point where you could easily put them down as two different types of candy altogether.
    I don't think I've ever had Russian chocolate. I'm sure there's some shops I could find it at, but I haven't seen it around much. The place I used to go to had a lot of German, Belgian, and French stuff that was quite nice. I think I'm pretty ignorant about types though, they just mostly taste good to me. Not my area of expertise!

I don't think I've ever had Russian chocolate. I'm sure there's some shops I could find it at, but I haven't seen it around much. The place I used to go to had a lot of German, Belgian, and French stuff that was quite nice. I think I'm pretty ignorant about types though, they just mostly taste good to me. Not my area of expertise!

^Russian chocolate!

John Schnatter doesn't know when to STFU.

Another little 1%-er temper tantrum that will end up costing them more in the devalue their shares and lost business than Obamacare does by a long shot.
    Atheist, anti-theist, pro-gun, pro-Constitution, anti-racism, pro-gay rights, anti-war, anti-corporatism.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    John Schnatter doesn't know when to STFU.

Another little 1%-er temper tantrum that will end up costing them more in the devalue their shares and lost business than Obamacare does by a long shot.
    Their shares are already down 4.2% in under a week. Ironically much more than they would have had to charge, per pizza, to cover healthcare for their employees.

Well honestly, what do you expect? They're not exactly going to blame layoffs and reduced hours on their own profit-driven, social-conscience-absent, sociopathic bastardry, are they?
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.