Page 30 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    I always see people say this, and yet I've found one good 'local' pizza place. Most places are stuck being local for a reason (and it's that they taste like shit).
    Unfortunately, people are gullible to these commercials and money that that the chain pizzas can pump out and neglect the small businesses.

Oh well, least I live in NY.

Papa Johns is just barely above supermarket frozen pizza. I was also shocked that "Papa John" owned a castle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile, in MA atleast, RadioShack/Target is going on a hiring spree with their whole Target Mobile thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Papa Johns is just barely above supermarket frozen pizza. I was also shocked that "Papa John" owned a castle.
    I find the frozen pizzas I get to be much better than the ones at fast food pizza places

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I find the frozen pizzas I get to be much better than the ones at fast food pizza places
    You can actually make them pretty tasty if you add some of your own fresh ingredients to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    You can actually make them pretty tasty if you add some of your own fresh ingredients to them.
    Had a pretty good pepperoni pizza after adding pepperoni to a frozen cheese pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    Well, people are free to vote with their wallets, and buy pizza elsewhere.
    I recommend a local pizza shop.
    I was about to say all chains suck, except for the romeo's near my place, really excellent pizza, don't know if it's the same for others though.

On topic: it just seems so ridiculous that they have the audacity to say they'll layoff people when they got bank accounts just full of money that they don't even need. Now if they were actually to report losses because of this (which I think would be highly unlikely) then it would seem that they were already in trouble to begin with.

People simply love scapegoats, especially when they can fingerwag from the comfort of castles.

What's really happening in the big picture is that the never ending chase for capitalistic 'efficiency', which places a higher importance on shareholders than employees, is coming around to bite everyone in the ass since there's no artificial bubble out there right now to mask it.

Reap what you sow.

Also, Papa John's pizza is terrible.

Yeah, pre-revamp Dominos wasn't literally inedible, it just tasted about the same as shitty freezer pizza.
    The Dominos around me is just awful, though to their credit the new pan pizza they have is actually pretty decent and a dominos like 30 mins away from me actually made pretty good pizza.

Obama's secretary of business would order them not to lay people off. That sounds like what mmochampion's democrats would like to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Obama's secretary of business would order them not to lay people off. That sounds like what mmochampion's democrats would like to see.
    Going to say something productive or are you going to keep us waiting?

Plenty of Parmesan, oregano, tiny can of mushrooms, bits of cut up ham.. you can make a 4 dollar frozen pizza absolutely amazing with just about a dollar worth of extra stuff thrown in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    This mmohampion New Democrat would like papa johns (and the other companies that just happen to be having layoffs right after the election) to actually demonstrate that their layoffs are actually necessary to their businesses as they claim and not political games or retaliation against employees who they believe didn't vote as they demanded.

But I rather suspect that would end up having the effect you describe.

Watch the video located here please: http://video.pbs.org/video/2300849486
    It is of vital importance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    This mmohampion New Democrat would like papa johns (and the other companies that just happen to be having layoffs right after the election) to actually demonstrate that their layoffs are actually necessary to their businesses as they claim and not political games or retaliation against employees who they believe didn't vote as they demanded.

But I rather suspect that would end up having the effect you describe.
    That's actually a good idea if it could be implemented properly. Workers should not be punished because of their political stance, or because of a situation beyond their control. After all, how is it fair to a worker getting laid off because the CEO is butthurt that the "wrong guy" was elected president?
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    As a non-1% member of their target demographic, however, I disagree. In that regard, I can absolutely say I know more than them. $.15 would affect my or anyone's choice whether to buy a Papa Johns pizza.
    I'm not sure you made a typo or not, but I can guarantee with 100% certainty that $.15 raise in prices will decrease demand by some x% compared to if they kept prices unchanged.

Papa John's is also a public company, there's no way they could've grown to where they are if their management was that incompetent. They're not governing by gut feeling.
    Last edited by mmoc43ae88f2b9; 2012-11-15 at 05:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    I'm not sure you made a typo or not, but I can guarantee with 100% certainty that $.15 raise in prices will decrease demand by some x% compared to if they kept prices unchanged.
    Doubtful. Would anyone even notice it? I don't keep track of the cost of pizza. I don't even know how much it costs at the joints in town, not down to the cent. I most certainly wouldn't notice a hike in pay by a mere 15 cents.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Doubtful. Would anyone even notice it? I don't keep track of the cost of pizza. I don't even know how much it costs at the joints in town, not down to the cent. I most certainly wouldn't notice a hike in pay by a mere 15 cents.
    Maybe you won't, but a small % of the customers will. We're talking 0.5%-1.5%. You can't approach this from your own personal perspective and ask yourself "would I notice?". The lower demand is just a fact, that's how marketing works.

Papa John's is also a public company, there's no way they could've grown to where they are if their management was that incompetent. They're not governing by gut feeling.
    I can't guarantee 100% of their customers won't care because I'm not 100% of their customers.

I can tell you that the type of person who would notice a 1% increase is the type of person who won't let $.15 enter into their decision making. Someone financially savvy enough to care about a 1% price hike is generally wealthy enough to not care about $.15. Someone who WOULD care about $.15 is, ironically, not going to notice when the price of a pizza rises by that much.

And I didn't say their management was incompetent. I said they may be uneducated. There's a big difference. Just because someone can build a pizza empire doesn't mean they know economics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you won't, but a small % of the customers will. We're talking 0.5%-1.5%. You can't approach this from your own personal perspective and ask yourself "would I notice?". The lower demand is just a fact, that's how marketing works.
    Still seems to me like it'd be insignificant.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Still seems to me like it'd be insignificant.
    It is for the most part.

But why would you want to head in the wrong direction?

Not what the economy needs right now.