Page 32 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    I'm not sure you made a typo or not, but I can guarantee with 100% certainty that $.15 raise in prices will decrease demand by some x% compared to if they kept prices unchanged.
    At the same time, if they chose to raise their prices 15 cents in order to cover the increased insurance costs and better support their employees, I would probably decide that I wanted to support their company rather than just calling up the pizza place closest to my house, or the pizza place with the best discount going on that night. I suspect there are other potential customers who wouldn't mind supporting a company that supports its employees.

I don't actually love Papa John's pizzas. There's a relatively local (regional?) chain that I think tastes better, though I also order from the other big chains sometimes. Unfortunately Papa's is never one of my household's choices.

They made a choice, and they'll stick to it. I'll stick to mine, made long before they started getting worried about the new laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    At the same time, if they chose to raise their prices 15 cents in order to cover the increased insurance costs and better support their employees, I would probably decide that I wanted to support their company rather than just calling up the pizza place closest to my house, or the pizza place with the best discount going on that night. I suspect there are other potential customers who wouldn't mind supporting a company that supports its employees.

I don't actually love Papa John's pizzas. There's a relatively local (regional?) chain that I think tastes better, though I also order from the other big chains sometimes. Unfortunately Papa's is never one of my household's choices.

They made a choice, and they'll stick to it. I'll stick to mine, made long before they started getting worried about the new laws.
    What's sad is that this whole thing could have been turned TOTALLY in PJ's favor if instead of:
    "Well f__ you Obama we're gonna jack up prices 'cause we hate you!"
    he said:
    "In order to better care for the health needs of our employees, we will implement a small increase on the price of pizza, roughly 0.15c."

That's really why people are upset about this. .15c means NOTHING when a pizza costs some $10+delivery/extras. It's all about the way businesses are going about it. They could easily keep their profit margins with a minor increase on pizza costs and fully support the healthcare requirements of the government. In fact they'd probably get MORE business, even at a higher price, because they presented it as "okay, we're willing to take care of our employees, but it's going to cost a little more."

Instead because they presented it as "Screw you we're going to charge more and cut employees and hours!" they're going to lose business.

Really people WILL pay MORE for goods and services they want, enjoy and most importantly, respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    The most accurate history of the USSR ever.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    The rhetoric is strong in this one, but there are no facts to back the rhetoric up. Why is that?
    That's what google is for. Look up the Chick Fil A strike over homosexual rights.

Then look up hidden taxes on Obamacare...really it's not that hard.

That is a really good point, Smrund. Totally could have twisted this in their favor. Instead of a feel-good campaign they're spitting poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheatz View Post
    That's what google is for. Look up the Chick Fil A strike over homosexual rights.

Then look up hidden taxes on Obamacare...really it's not that hard.
    No. You provide your sources to try to back up your arguments, or everything you say can be dismissed. That is how this whole debate thing works.

No. You provide your sources to try to back up your arguments, or everything you say can be dismissed. That is how this whole debate thing works.
    Or what? People on the internet won't believe me that are already convinced (without any hope of their minds being changed) of the opposite of what I say...yeah no thanks. I have better things to do because even if I look it up for you, you will find some fault in it one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    That is a really good point, Smrund. Totally could have twisted this in their favor. Instead of a feel-good campaign they're spitting poison.
    Exactly. A little bit of propaganda goes a long way, and people react much better to positive, feel-good campaigns, even if it costs them more in the end, then they do to negative mud slinging.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.

So you have time to make arguments on the internet even though you think they won't matter. You just won't back them up. What a convenient effort threshold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

Or what? People on the internet won't believe me that are already convinced (without any hope of their minds being changed) of the opposite of what I say...yeah no thanks. I have better things to do because even if I look it up for you, you will find some fault in it one way or the other.
    So you know your sources are crap and that your argument is riddled with holes, and you somehow want me to research for you, then shoot holes in whatever I come up with, so you can say 'that isn't what I mean' and not have an actual discussion but you just keep on trollin' trollin' trollin'?

Please, tell me what these hidden taxes are in Obamacare.

Please, tell me what these hidden taxes are in Obamacare.
    Oh don't be hard on him, you know he's got secret Pentagon documents that totally prove it, but he just can't show you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    So you have time to make arguments on the internet even though you think they won't matter. You just won't back them up. What a convenient effort threshold.
    I've had several people pm me already. I feel sorry for a lot of them because they are afraid to post on such a liberal board. They know it won't do any good.

I've had several people pm me already. I feel sorry for a lot of them because they are afraid to post on such a liberal board. They know it won't do any good.
    Ohh boo hoo, cry me a river. If you got the balls to back up your mouth, show your stuff. If you're just talking out of your ass, then I'm more than happy that you go away.

And I'm actually Karl Rove playing devils advocate. You have won my secret contest for 'Best Real American'. Give me your full name, social security number, and bank routing numbers, and I will send you the Ten Million Dollar Prize!

EAGLE!

http://moneymorning.com/2012/08/05/w...han-you-think/

Just one of many articles I found with 5 secs of searching but oh well.

EAGLE!
    Somehow, seeing that my brain went to "horse", then the Old Spice commercial, and now I'm seeing Colbert doing that commercial instead of that black guy.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Somehow, seeing that my brain went to "horse", then the Old Spice commercial, and now I'm seeing Colbert doing that commercial instead of that black guy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX_1B0w7Hzc

Providing proof for your statements shouldn't be such a monumental task.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Providing proof for your statements shouldn't be such a monumental task.
    It took 5 seconds...what's your excuse?

Yeah, my friends have shown me that one several times.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 12:12 AM ----------

It took 5 seconds...what's your excuse?
    It was your claim. It's your job to back it up.

The reality is when talking about the actual cost, $.14 per pizza really is not going to effect anyone, weather that is put on the consumer or the business takes it. The owners all live in billion dollar houses, drive $100k+ cars and live way beyond what anyone needs in life. Really I think they are just overplaying it because the rich all wanted Romney and now they are using it against Obama.

Me, I don't care either way. Voting is a scam and it is all fixed in the end. Even Obama is just a puppet that makes people think everything is going to be ok.