Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheatz View Post
    It took 5 seconds...what's your excuse?
    I wasn't complaining about it, nor was I the one who made the claim. It's not my job to prove you right.

I provided evidence several posts ago yet everyone is too busy bashing me to notice or they can't refute it.

Quote Originally Posted by tekoix View Post
    The reality is when talking about the actual cost, $.14 per pizza really is not going to effect anyone, weather that is put on the consumer or the business takes it. The owners all live in billion dollar houses, drive $100k+ cars and live way beyond what anyone needs in life. Really I think they are just overplaying it because the rich all wanted Romney and now they are using it against Obama.

Me, I don't care either way. Voting is a scam and it is all fixed in the end. Even Obama is just a puppet that makes people think everything is going to be ok.
    I sometimes wonder what the world looks like through the eyes of someone who truly believes this. I would imagine it's a pretty scary place.

I provided evidence several posts ago yet everyone is too busy bashing me to notice or they can't refute it.
    It wasn't up when I was typing my response, and my point still stands. You were complaining about it, and only after the fact did you provide any sort of evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I sometimes wonder what the world looks like through the eyes of someone who truly believes this. I would imagine it's a pretty scary place.
    you need only open your eyes and take a look around you. the world IS a pretty scary place.

It makes me sad sometimes that civics isn't a critical component of US education, given the country's status in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Riidii View Post
    Because the role of business is to take care of humans?
    Ummmm... yes?

...what business doesn't do that? It's the founding principle of a business to add a service/convenience to enhance other people's lives.

One could argue the whole POINT of business in general is to take care of other humans! >_<

I mean, how could I possibly expect any quality service from somebody who won't even give their employees any quality service? (No euphemism intended...)
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    It wasn't up when I was typing my response, and my point still stands. You were complaining about it, and only after the fact did you provide any sort of evidence.
    ...and yet you are still complaining and distracting from the point.

The point that you link one editorial on one website and complain about 'all those evil taxes'? I'm going to add you to my ignore list and stop feeding you. Have a good one.

I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about this still.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    It makes me sad sometimes that civics isn't a critical component of US education, given the country's status in the world.
    See, that's what's so confusing. Civics IS part of the American education curriculum.

See, that's what's so confusing. Civics IS part of the American education curriculum.
    You expect a majority of children to pay attention in school when the entire culture is one of disgust/dislike towards intelligent people?

Not really. At least, not where I'm from. Here we learned the Bill of Rights and that's basically it.

Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    The point that you link one editorial on one website and complain about 'all those evil taxes'? I'm going to add you to my ignore list and stop feeding you. Have a good one.
    It looks like he got banned, but the link uses Cato institute as the source. With just about everything listed being a tax on the highest income or corporate. This is exectly what Obama has run on, if you have insurance and are not a 200k earner, these extra taxes do not apply to you.b
    Last edited by Felya420; 2012-11-15 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post
    you need only open your eyes and take a look around you. the world IS a pretty scary place.
    Really? If you take a look at how things work, you'd see there's nothing out there that's really scary. There's no shadow government or anything. Are you kidding? It's astonishing that the President is allowed to put on pants given how frequently the position is hamstrung by Congress or the SCOTUS.

And Congress... it's a miracle they manage to even VOTE on anything given how much time they spend arguing in committee.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 07:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    You expect a majority of children to pay attention in school when the entire culture is one of disgust/dislike towards intelligent people?
    Well... that would be culture's fault rather than the curriculum then.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    It looks like he got banned, but the link uses Cato institute as the source. With just about everything listed being a tax on the highest income or corporate. This is exectly what Obama has run on...
    Oh did he? Oh well. Yes, Obama has run on increasing taxes for the upper class. I'm not sure the 'hidden' taxes listed in his source were super hidden, since a lot of them are related to what Obama says he wants to do with the tax code instead of the ACA.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 02:36 AM ----------

Well... that would be culture's fault rather than the curriculum then.
    Indeed it is. I have no idea how to fix it though. When the uneducated are held up as paragons of what you should be and the educated are mocked and ignored, we might have a bit of a culture problem.

Not significantly, at least not as I remember it. And it certainly isn't in-depth, and it doesn't cover any variations to the system. There's minor mention that other countries "do things differently but still similar". It's a very skin-deep education, if a kid doesn't remember it, that's probably for the best since most of it was worthless triva-type information anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Not significantly, at least not as I remember it. And it certainly isn't in-depth, and it doesn't cover any variations to the system. There's minor mention that other countries "do things differently but still similar". It's a very skin-deep education, if a kid doesn't remember it, that's probably for the best since most of it was worthless triva-type information anyway.
    I had half a year of American History(AP) and half a year of European History(AP). Odd that American History covered how the US government was formed and works better than the civics class did.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Damn... I guess the NJ department of education is a bit more robust than the rest of the country.

Apologies, I should have emphasized the "critical" part. While present, its seems to be an aspect of education drastically underplayed. I personally find it quite distressing that, given a country where the government and policy makers are actually remarkably transparent, people are not far more active in their civic duties. I'm not even American, and I've talked to state legislators on certain topics regarding things such as prescribing rights and modern medical technology.