Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Papa John's would be inedible without the dipping sauces.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Maybe if businesses decided to support universal healthcare where they wouldn't have to pay insurance costs, then this wouldn't happen/ Just saying.
    I think I'd prefer it if europe and Canada gave the US free health care in exchange for all the free military service they've been providing for almost 100 years. Its so easy for them to sit back and pretend they don't need to spend on military when they know if anything bad happens, America will rush in and protect them and clean it up (Bosnia for example).

How about a little give back? We protect europe, europe pays for American health care. Fair trade?

Or America could make deep cuts to its military to pay for health care. Of course, that drives up the costs to europe when it comes to military spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    imo why would you wanna live longer anyway? Things are so much better when you dont exist, life sucks.
    In that case, you are welcome to buy yourself a gun (seeing as how easy it is to do that right now) and off yourself. Don't waste any time, you'll be doing the world a favor considering what I read in the read of your post.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-11-10 at 06:50 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Maybe it is time we brought something else over from France besides French Fries.
    As a Belgian, I am very offended by this sentence. ;D

ot: He's just being childish, I don't like him. to all Americans: going to large food chains is bad for the economy (and it gets you fat)
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

Quote Originally Posted by Lolkaysea View Post
    if layoff need to happen, they'll happen, thats just how businesses are and i think most people understand that BUT

this whole thing where companies are laying people off just a few days after the election? its just a political stunt because they're bottom-pained that their candidate of choice didn't win, geez louise guys everything didn't change so fast that you needed to fire a ton of people right away, we see through your lies!
    This basically ^

You'd have to be blind to not see the obvious here.

At least I know now which companies to boycott.

So much wrong here.

Laborers only have one defense against being outsourced or replaced by automation: cost. The truth is that by maintaining minimum wage, they have a minimum baseline. The gap between the costs associated with outsourcing and automation continue to decrease. Increasing the expense of a laborer by adding in healthcare increase the minimum level of an employee.

Companies understand the value of having a real and local person. That's why they will try and run a skeleton crew vs. replacing them with another option. However, the attractiveness of other options increases as their costs decrease and the cost to hold an employee increases.

We've gotten ourself stuck in a vicious circle: The costs of goods and services are high because we falsely inflate their value with wage regulations, but we can't decrease wage regulations because the costs of goods and services are high...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    They are only required to provide health care for people who are working full time. So these billion dollar companies only hire people at part time to save money and not give anyone health care.
    Ah, so Obamas new health care system will mean they have to provide it for part timers too? That's what I'm assuming or there's no reason to blame him xD

The costs for health care has to come from some where, they do not just get magically paid for. Anything that cuts into a corporations profit margin is going to be made up in some way, shape or form. Now everyone can go and say, "oh those bad corporations are out there screwing people"; whatever, they are in business to make a profit.

If those "greedy bastards" had nothing to gain from opening businesses, they would not take the risk to open them. No businesses = no jobs. Now, I am not saying that some of these CEOs out there are not evil bastards. I am saying, everything has a price.

Screwing the businesses with over-taxation or over-regulation leads to loss of profits, loss of profits leads to cuts or price increases; often times the cuts are jobs. The amount of money spent versus the amount of money made has to lead to a profit or the business will fail.

I too want everyone to have affordable healthcare. At the same time, we need to be fiscally responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by jmt View Post
    So much wrong here.

Laborers only have one defense against being outsourced or replaced by automation: cost. The truth is that by maintaining minimum wage, they have a minimum baseline. The gap between the costs associated with outsourcing and automation continue to decrease. Increasing the expense of a laborer by adding in healthcare increase the minimum level of an employee.

Companies understand the value of having a real and local person. That's why they will try and run a skeleton crew vs. replacing them with another option. However, the attractiveness of other options increases as their costs decrease and the cost to hold an employee increases.

We've gotten ourself stuck in a vicious circle: The costs of goods and services are high because we falsely inflate their value with wage regulations, but we can't decrease wage regulations because the costs of goods and services are high...
    Reduction in their sale due to this level of layoffs, will bring prices down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this make them job destroyers?

If you sign a multi million dollar deal with NFL to be the official Pizza of the NFL, thus have your ads on some of the highest rated TV every week. If you are laying people off, instead of hiring more people to accommodate the increased demand as the result of advertising, you gone and fucked up dude.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    At least I know now which companies to boycott.
    I do too as well now.

Papa Johns has sucked ass for a while now anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknowdoya View Post

I too want everyone to have affordable healthcare. At the same time, we need to be fiscally responsible.
    According to the CBO repealing "Obamacare" would add 109 billion dollars to the defecit. "Obamacare" actually saves money and if you looked at any of the healthcare costs of other countries you'd see they are dramatically less with results that are far better because it isn't privatized.

Now I have problems with Obamacare. The only reason it passed it's that it's basically a huge funnel of cash right to the insurance companies. Its effectively what the bank bail outs were but for the health insurance industry. However we should not overlook it's benefits, even if it isn't enough and is duplicitous in some aspects.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-11-10 at 05:28 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    The costs for health care has to come from some where, they do not just get magically paid for. Anything that cuts into a corporations profit margin is going to be made up in some way, shape or form. Now everyone can go and say, "oh those bad corporations are out there screwing people"; whatever, they are in business to make a profit.
    As a result of Obamacare, an employer can cut the insurance he provides and his employees can join a pull and recieve the same bundled insurance prices and subsudies, the employer gets. Obamacare, counteracts the unique system we have, where the employer is responsible for healthcare of it's employees.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 05:31 PM ----------

Screwing the businesses with over-taxation or over-regulation leads to loss of profits, loss of profits leads to cuts or price increases; often times the cuts are jobs. The amount of money spent versus the amount of money made has to lead to a profit or the business will fail.
    Nixoncare is the healthcare that regulates the employer to pay for your insurance. Obamacare, provides the same bundled discounts and tax credits as your employer gets to make insurance affordable for individuals. Obamacare costing employers more than Nixoncare already does is total bullshit.

As for the pizza debate Papa johns taste like absolute shit compared to Papa Murphy's

As for living in a castle with a 22 car garage I think maybe the people he pays minimum wage should maybe come torch the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    According to the CBO repealing "Obamacare" would add 109 billion dollars to the defecit. "Obamacare" actually saves money and if you looked at any of the healthcare costs of other countries you'd see they are dramatically less with results that are far better because it isn't privatized.

Now I have problems with Obamacare. The only reason it passed it's that it's basically a huge funnel of cash right to the insurance companies. Its effectively what the bank bail outs were but for the health insurance industry. However we should not overlook it's benefits, even if it isn't enough and is duplicitous in some aspects.
    Citation please. Also, you mentioned the cost of repealing Obamacare, what about the price of repeal versus Obamacare in the long run? Not trying to be an ass, I am simply not a big fan of nationalized industry or big government for that matter.

Obama has made it very clear he plans on raising taxes on the wealthy. To hedge against this tax hike business owners will have to layoff under-performing and non-essential employees. I'm sure business owners were holding out on laying people off at the chance of Romney winning the election. Nearly every non-idealistic business owner would tell you that Romney was the better choice for private sector job growth. As it stands now, businesses are gonna continue laying off non-essential employees and/or not hire new people to try and keep their business afloat for the next four years.

This is the price of raising taxes on the "1%", their businesses suffer as a result. You can't support higher taxes on the wealthy and then complain when they do what they need to do to deal with those higher taxes.

That is terrible. Papa John's has my favorite pizza but I'm not going to support them if they're going to act childish, dood.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because violence will solve everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    I think I'd prefer it if europe and Canada gave the US free health care in exchange for all the free military service they've been providing for almost 100 years. Its so easy for them to sit back and pretend they don't need to spend on military when they know if anything bad happens, America will rush in and protect them and clean it up (Bosnia for example).

How about a little give back? We protect europe, europe pays for American health care. Fair trade?

Or America could make deep cuts to its military to pay for health care. Of course, that drives up the costs to europe when it comes to military spending.
    Or America can stop dragging the rest of the world into war making the terrorist pissed on the other nations as well.

We had bosnia (where most EU countries were as well btw) and libya which were a lot less troublesome then being played as a pawn in the cold war, korean war, afghanistan, iraq. Now we have terrorism in Europe because of the US.

Also, if you think we have low military budgets because of healthcare, maybe you should actually check budgets of European countries. Because there is plenty more where we could cut on. Like our superior infrastructure for one. If we would put that on the level of the US we would have more then plenty for the military. We just have different needs and don't get scared everytime the president of China farts.

Perhaps stop blaming the rest of the world for your problems