Page 9 of 64 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
19
59
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Why? Why wouldn't the guy wait and see if Romney won and gave his industry all sorts of favors before downsizing? Have you ever heard of Real Options?
    This guy plays political games with his company all the time. Have you never read about him? Pressures his employees to donate to the GOP, threatens regulators, makes employees act as props at GOP events on their own dime etc etc etc. The last thing you should do when he blames something on Obama is take him at his word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    It's quite literally what you said. You said some people just get their information from reading things on the internet. Then you posted on the internet, "take it from me". I know, pointing this out is terribly unfair of me, and I'm obviously a total jerk.
    I said some people get "ALL" their info from the internet. You know...like not comparing it with real life sources or any other source period. I know reading is hard so I put what you conveniently left out of my original post in quotation marks for you.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    I actually think the CEO's are doing this to intentionally hobble their companies, to make Obama look as if he is hurting them. Kind of the equivalent of getting brushed up against in soccer and throwing yourself to the ground, howling in agony and hoping to God everyone watching believes you've genuinely been fouled.

    Holy. Fucking. Shit. YES YOU CAN

    When a company wants to cut its employees overtime, pension, benefits, to make more money you can be mad at them.

    When a company increases its carbon footprint and dumps its polluted afterproduct to save money into a local river, pond, lake, or even woods you can be mad at them.

    When a company moves its factory from Detroit Michigan to Hong Kong because Chinese labor laws allow them to place their workers in dangerous working conditions and pay them far less, you can be mad at them.

    When a company creates a product that sells based on its "guarantee" and the they find every loophole and exemption to avoid honoring their garuntee you can be mad at them.


    Somewhere along the line the World of Warcraft community has accepted EVERYTHING blizzard has done on the basis of "A corporation has got to make money" where has your consumer expectations gone? What you're willing to purchase is a deciding factor in capitalism, so why are you willing to purchase anything and tell yourself "oh capitalism you're silly" when things go awry.
    Very well said.

    I agree with this.

    People have become too complacent and just blindly accept anything and everything under the guise of anything society tells them is "holy", be it religion or capitalism.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 01:28 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This guy plays political games with his company all the time. Have you never read about him? Pressures his employees to donate to the GOP, threatens regulators, makes employees act as props at GOP events on their own dime etc etc etc. The last thing you should do when he blames something on Obama is take him at his word.
    And he isn't alone when it comes to things like this, a lot of that has been going around with many other owners of big companies.

  4. #164

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    No you don't. You play by the rules, if you are an American citizen of course, that the elected leadership of this country decided you will play by. Ever been to a library? Ridden a bus? How about turned on a light switch? Don't pretend that you owe nothing when so much around you is the result of "us." Not just you. Well pretend it if you want to. You are hardly the only one who likes too. However, it doesn't mean it has any actual relationship with reality.
    I payed for all those things dumbass. I don't owe them shit because I PAYED for those services. And for your information, I do attend college and happen to ride the bus often. The difference is, I don't have sympathy for people that want shit handed to them because life is 'unfair'.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by TecPontificates View Post
    I can't believe how many people do not understand that companies do not owe jobs to anyone.

    Be the CEO, not the pizza delivery guy. Wait, you don't have what it takes to start a multimillion dollar national enterprise that affords you a 40,000 square foot home? Too bad. Stop demonizing the CEO just because you'll never be one. Stop whining like a petulent child.

    If Papa John wants to fire people to afford his life style, that is his right and his choice. His motives for doing so are irrelevant. If Obamacare costs his company money and affects his bottom line, he can and should counter it by increasing costs or reducing expenses like payroll.

    As others have said, there are very real and tangible consequences to electing socialists. If you had it in your head that wealthy job creators are simply going to voluntarily accept lower profits and diminished lifestyles because Barack Obama wants to give healthcare to everyone, you're a fool who does not understand basic human motives. I'll give you a hint: all humans are greedy. The rich CEOs want their yachts and by golly, they can afford them. The poor working class want health insurance, and since they can't afford it themselves, they'll use the magic of democracy to elect someone who will force the rest of the country to pay for it on their behalf.

    Put another way, greed (demanding health care on someone else's dime) is perfectly acceptable if you're poor. If you're successful and rich and you want to stay that way, then your greed is demonized. I believe in treating everyone equally, and that includes how I judge their ambition to get more for themselves. Greed is greed whether you're poor or rich.
    This guy gets it! You have to understand though TecPontificates that you are talking to liberals. They want you to share your wealth you worked for with them because they were not capable of doing it themselves. Great system isn't it?!

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This guy plays political games with his company all the time. Have you never read about him? Pressures his employees to donate to the GOP, threatens regulators, makes employees act as props at GOP events on their own dime etc etc etc. The last thing you should do when he blames something on Obama is take him at his word.
    To be honest I don't even know what he has said. And I don't care. I do know however what Romney promised. It's only rational to wait and see if Romney becomes presidents and gives him the goodies or not.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    You understand how things work bravo.

    I don't understand why everybody thinks that companies and corporations are all evil and want to destroy the world and small business are better than them. Bottom line is they started out as small business too. Most small business dream to become successful corporations so their future generations won't have to work their ass off as a cashier.
    I think a lot of the problem has to deal with when the owners, their bastard children who latter inherit it or the prick they appoint to run it for them has forgotten when they were small or what they (as people) had to do before they came big and so decide to treat their people like crap so they can get as much out of them as cheaply as possible and then act like you should be glad to be their cashier working for near minimum wage.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Eyed Jack View Post
    I payed for all those things dumbass. I don't owe them shit because I PAYED for those services. And for your information, I do attend college and happen to ride the bus often. The difference is, I don't have sympathy for people that want shit handed to them because life is 'unfair'.
    Well too bad first world country government disagrees with you and others like yourself. I guess its time for you to move to a third world country where your type of logic flies.

  10. #170
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,635
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Eyed Jack View Post
    I payed for all those things dumbass. I don't owe them shit because I PAYED for those services. And for your information, I do attend college and happen to ride the bus often. The difference is, I don't have sympathy for people that want shit handed to them because life is 'unfair'.
    Oh you do now do you? Did, and do, you pay "full" price? Do you even know what the "full" price is? How are you paying for college, by the by? Who is paying to keep that college open? Oh, I forgot, "just" you.

    So before you start declaring anal IQ's. You might want to grab a mirror and start measuring your own.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Oh you do now do you? Did, and do, you pay "full" price? Do you even know what the "full" price is? How are you paying for college, by the by? Who is paying to keep that college open? Oh, I forgot, "just" you.

    So before you start declaring anal IQ's. You might want to grab a mirror and start measuring your own.
    What the fuck are you talking about? The money I EARNED for working. I saved it and invested it wisely so I could have an oppertunity to rise in society

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Oh you do now do you? Did, and do, you pay "full" price? Do you even know what the "full" price is? How are you paying for college, by the by? Who is paying to keep that college open? Oh, I forgot, "just" you.

    So before you start declaring anal IQ's. You might want to grab a mirror and start measuring your own.
    He doesn't get your college example, never will. Whatever he is paying that college is being wasted. He doesn't have the powers of comprehension and patience to listen, nor the eloquence and manners to respond with. An absolute walking talking waste of cash right there, and he calls universal healthcare a waste. The irony.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 01:38 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by One-Eyed Jack View Post
    What the fuck are you talking about?
    Not to mention....classy ^

    Open your other eye 'Jack'.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolem View Post
    He doesn't get your college example, never will. Whatever he is paying that college is being wasted. He doesn't have the powers of comprehension and patience to listen, nor the eloquence and manners to respond with. An absolute walking talking waste of cash right there, and he calls universal healthcare a waste. The irony.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-11 at 01:38 AM ----------



    Not to mention....classy ^

    Open your other eye 'Jack'.
    Your dillusional. No degree is waited if you utilize it properly. The problem is liberals just want to earn a degree and a job handed to them because of how sooper dooper smart they are. If there so damn smart, what's stopping them from starting a business if they had the willpower supposedly everyone else has. That is why socialism is flawed and leaves no room for individual improvement if you have everyhing handed to you like children.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Eyed Jack View Post
    Your dillusional. No degree is waited if you utilize it properly. The problem is liberals just want to earn a degree and a job handed to them because of how sooper dooper smart they are. If there so damn smart, what's stopping them from starting a business if they had the willpower supposedly everyone else has. That is why socialism is flawed and leaves no room for individual improvement if you have everyhing handed to you like children.
    So you're saying liberals have less will power than the average person?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by TecPontificates View Post
    I can't believe how many people do not understand that companies do not owe jobs to anyone.

    Be the CEO, not the pizza delivery guy. Wait, you don't have what it takes to start a multimillion dollar national enterprise that affords you a 40,000 square foot home? Too bad. Stop demonizing the CEO just because you'll never be one. Stop whining like a petulent child.

    If Papa John wants to fire people to afford his life style, that is his right and his choice. His motives for doing so are irrelevant. If Obamacare costs his company money and affects his bottom line, he can and should counter it by increasing costs or reducing expenses like payroll.

    As others have said, there are very real and tangible consequences to electing socialists. If you had it in your head that wealthy job creators are simply going to voluntarily accept lower profits and diminished lifestyles because Barack Obama wants to give healthcare to everyone, you're a fool who does not understand basic human motives. I'll give you a hint: all humans are greedy. The rich CEOs want their yachts and by golly, they can afford them. The poor working class want health insurance, and since they can't afford it themselves, they'll use the magic of democracy to elect someone who will force the rest of the country to pay for it on their behalf.

    Put another way, greed (demanding health care on someone else's dime) is perfectly acceptable if you're poor. If you're successful and rich and you want to stay that way, then your greed is demonized. I believe in treating everyone equally, and that includes how I judge their ambition to get more for themselves. Greed is greed whether you're poor or rich.
    What gives him this right to just fire people based on any whim? How will the free market take care of it?

    This is exactly the case for socialism. The company is run by its workers, not by a board of executives. In this case, Papa John should be fired, not the employees. It's simply the right of workers to own their work, and Papa John can't take that away.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    What gives him this right to just fire people based on any whim? How will the free market take care of it?
    Workers are allowed to quit at any whim as well aren't they? And in this case he's firing to increase profits.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne
    This is exactly the case for socialism. The company is run by its workers, not by a board of executives. In this case, Papa John should be fired, not the employees. It's simply the right of workers to own their work, and Papa John can't take that away.
    The workers are free to try and start their own company that they collectively own. But Papa John isn't owned by the workers.

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    So you're saying liberals have less will power than the average person?
    If they have no intention to progress and spend wisely, then yes. That can be implied about everyone who is more or less lazy.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Eyed Jack View Post
    Your dillusional. No degree is waited if you utilize it properly. The problem is liberals just want to earn a degree and a job handed to them because of how sooper dooper smart they are. If there so damn smart, what's stopping them from starting a business if they had the willpower supposedly everyone else has. That is why socialism is flawed and leaves no room for individual improvement if you have everyhing handed to you like children.
    What the hell are you even talking about now? How is all this relevant to the post of mine you linked to reply to? Judging by what you wrote and more importantly how you wrote it, I have a hard time believing you're in college. You make up a story on here to make up a point?

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by One-Eyed Jack View Post
    If they have no intention to progress and spend wisely, then yes. That can be implied about everyone who is more or less lazy.
    Ok well I'm going to exert some of my minimal liberal willpower and just let this bag of wrong go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by Diurdi View Post
    Workers are allowed to quit at any whim as well aren't they? And in this case he's firing to increase profits.
    That's the point of business? To increase profits?? So why am I entitled to my employees like there my sheep

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •