Page 19 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The funny thing is some CEOs are seriously considering leaving the country with their businesses. You think our economy is bad now, wait til all the big companies leave to china or elsewhere, everyone will still be buying their products and their money won't be going into the United States, that can't last long.

I got sick reading that a company would fire an employee over who they voted. Even assuming and firing... What a terrible reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by r03dz View Post
    Also, Jaina and Vereesa going for a rid on their skeleton horses. :P (typo intended)
    Let's look fabulous~. A Paladin transmogrifier item list.

Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    The funny thing is some CEOs are seriously considering leaving the country with their businesses. You think our economy is bad now, wait til all the big companies leave to china or elsewhere, everyone will still be buying their products and their money won't be going into the United States, that can't last long.
    So? There are 300,000,000+ Americans. Lets say 100,000 rich people leave. Now there are 299,900,000 Americans. I think that, based on sheer numbers alone, there would be plenty of people to pick up the slack.

The idea that we need wealthy people in order to function as a nation is STUPID. It makes NO economic sense.

You have a job that needs to be done? No money? Barter. You let me stay at your house and I'll do all the yardwork.

But here's a shocker: that refinery can still operate without it's CEO! In fact, a company could easily dump every million-dollar leech on it's payroll and make significantly more money than it ever did before! You need to lay off ~200 workers working for ~minimum wage to equal 1 million dollars. Now, imagine that you instead, laid off your 15 million+ CEO? Which one of these has a bigger negative impact on the company? Laying off ~200 workers and closing a dozen shops to make a million? Or Laying off one person and closing nothing to make 15 million. Gee I hope your math is as good as your bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    The most accurate history of the USSR ever.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

That would actually be the best thing possible. We'll see how long those coddled CEO's last when they can't go running back to the United States whenever some Russian or Chinese politico decides their regular "contribution" to the "retirement fund" wasn't big enough. Its not like there isn't a long line of folks ready and eager to replace them. Maybe the new batch will have fewer delusional "titans of industry" in it.

Try not to let your ego hit you in the butt on your way out.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-11-11 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    You cant get a job from a poor person, you cant cure poverty by stealing from the rich or taxing the fuck out of them and throwing it at the poor.... you cure poverty by encouraging education and personal responsibility.
    stealing from the riches, do u know the company accelor mital ?
    despite a profit of 1.54 billion euro's he paid less taxes then I did by earning 50k

and now the he took profit of the loop holes in the tax system he is just closing shop and moving to china.
    If you think thhat the 1% percent of rich pay more taxes then the 99% other % i'am sorry but you are very very wrong.

Companies with big profit tend to know and use loop holes that we can't afford and don't even know about.

The US is in decline and caused the biggest world wide recession because of that stupid mentality.

It's fine being rich but becoming rich by abusing a system and putting the poor in an even more disastrous situation is just plain wrong.

The rich companies are the reason why today we are in a bad situation I don't see any reason why the not rich should have to pay for that.

Mking, are you just going to ignore the people pointing out how ridiculous your 99% statement is?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Murray energy fires 150+ employees in response to Obama re-election.
    http://m.washingtonpost.com/business...684_story.html
    You mean Murray Energy, the same company that was negligent with their mine conditions in Utah where a mine that received over 300 citations in a five year period collapsed and killed 9 people including 6 miners and three rescuers who tried to get them out a couple years ago? You know what we need for that? MORE REGULATIONS. There should be penalties for not following through with resolving 325 citations with over 100 of them being serious concerns. You shouldn't be able to get a list of problems from an investigator then just file it away and not solve the problems leading to people dying without facing serious, serious penalties.

You know what? Maybe we could just have an exchange program. There are plenty of Chinese millionaires who would be up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    Again I ask, why are people acting surprised by this? Businesses sent msgs to employees before election that this is exactly what would happen. This is what people wanted...
    Because businesses shouldn't have the say on who their employees vote for? If my employer told me to vote a certain way or else hours would be cut and layoffs would happen, I'd tell them to shove it. Corporations should not be able to sway voting by threatening their employees with cutbacks, whether they follow through or not.

That would probably result in some unforseen consequences for them. They probably wouldn't be able to continue buying American politicians since it looks bad for them to accept campaign money from foreign corporations. So then we can just raise tariffs on their products to encourage people to buy goods tat are still made in the US.

Also I seriously doubt there are many good places for them to go. They wouldnt want to go to Europe since their system is what they are trying to avoid. Africa has nothing. Middle East, right GL w/o the US military to protect you. China, Japan have fun with regulations and corrupt politicians who get power from political parties, not businesses. South America is only slightly better than Africa. They could probably go to SE Asia but as soon as those countries get their act together they will probably take it out on foreign business.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    What a bunch of children. If Romney got elected the same thing would be happening.
    Not likely. Anybody who was paying attention knew well before the election that several major companies were planing on reducing hours if Obama got reelected. Why? Obama care which Romney claimed he would repeal if he got elected. It turns out that employers can dodge a good chunk of the provisions in Obama care if their employees work fewer than 23 hours a week or so. Business owners are not stupid, if they can save a massive chunk of money by hiring twice as man workers for half the number of hours of course they are going to do that.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Not likely. Anybody who was paying attention knew well before the election that several major companies were planing on reducing hours if Obama got reelected. Why? Obama care which Romney claimed he would repeal if he got elected. It turns out that employers can dodge a good chunk of the provisions in Obama care if their employees work fewer than 23 hours a week or so. Business owners are not stupid, if they can save a massive chunk of money by hiring twice as man workers for half the number of hours of course they are going to do that.
    Murray didn't cut hours to avoid Obamacare. He laid off people because of a supposed war on coal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Everyone is pro-US. They just don't know it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Internet lives in the sky, don't need no cables for that.
    A nice list of logical fallacies. In picture form!

He hasn't even had to do anything and the people cause the chaos themselves. Typical.

Yeah, I'm sure every little John Galt in the bunch is just about to head right off to Zambia and show us all that he built his business all on his own, no societal backbone or government necessary. Good luck with that.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 09:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Murray didn't cut hours to avoid Obamacare. He laid off people because of a supposed war on coal.
    In which a "war on coal" is suggesting they should begin to cover the cost of their externalities and try to compete on the open market with energy sources that inflict far less death and suffering than coal.

The problem is you are still confusing mandating people to purchase insurance with healthcare. Most Americans would not oppose a clear and concise plan that did not force it down their throats. The problem is that during the 2008 election President Obama promised transparency. He promised an end to omnibus spending bills. He promised that no bill would be voted on that Americans did not have the ability or opportunity to read first. That is not what we got with the Affordable Care Act. This was not something that should have been shoved through Congress at breakneck speed. The way and speed with which it was handled is what has contributed to much of the anger. The question remains though, if you have insurance it is supposedly not going to change, if you dont want it you will be progressively taxed each year till you pick up insurance, but if you are poor then you are exempt from the bill and the fines. So if this is about the poor and insurance and the poor are exempt, then what is the point? If this was truly about healthcare and not insurance, wouldn't it have been better to tackle tort reform? How about paying for doctors and nursing students to go to school in return for working at government run clinics instead of trying to regulate insurance and who has it.

The original draft of the 1935 Economic Security Act, which established the Social Security Administration was 64 pages
    The original Medicare Act-28 pages
    The Civil Rights Act of 1964 - forbidding discrimination based on race and sex: 8 pages
    Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act 415 pages
    Affordable Care Act-961 pages + 1093 pages of new regulations

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Remember, its only class warfare if a democrat does it.

When the GOP nominee calls 47% of the country shiftless its just telling the truth.
    It's quite funny how polarised american politics are and how involved people get. One might think it's a good way to divert people from calling their parties and politicans to account for their mistakes and lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Not likely. Anybody who was paying attention knew well before the election that several major companies were planing on reducing hours if Obama got reelected.
    Do you think we'd hear reporting of endless whining from green companies if Romney was elected? I'm guessing we would not have.

---------- Post added 2012-11-10 at 09:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    It's quite funny how polarised american politics are and how involved people get. One might think it's a good way to divert people from calling their parties and politicans to account for their mistakes and lies.
    Yeah, people criticizing politicians for mistakes and lies have really just been diverted for holding politicans accountable for mistakes and lies

But are democrat voters calling the democrat politicans out on their crap and vice versa? Or they both have an "us vs them" mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    But are democrat voters calling the democrat politicans out on their crap and vice versa? Or they both have an "us vs them" mentality.
    Yes, they are. I've seen Republicans here and elsewhere condemn the anti-science positions of Republican politicians. I've seen Democrats here and elsewhere condemn the foreign policy and authoritarian "anti-terror" policies of Democrat politicians. Are people doing enough? I'd agree they're not. Are they too partisan? I'd agree that they are. It's not an all or nothing switch though, and there's plenty of individuals that aren't just cheerleaders.

America was built on small business, and our economy was strong as long as politicians were breaking down big business wherever it showed up. Big businesses can "threaten" to move overseas all they want, the fact is that if they could, it would be better for America if they did. The sad part is they can't, because of the way a lot of foreign economies function. Do you really think Papa John's would continue to be able to sell $18 pizzas in India and China where 99.9% of the population makes ~20 cents an hour? Yeah, didn't think so. If big businesses moved overseas like they're threatening to do, it would be better for the American economy as small businesses would start popping up again in the ashes of empty wal-mart strip malls, where they were once snuffed out by the super stores.

But unfortunately for the American people, big businesses taking themselves overseas is only a lot of hot air and nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Unfortunately for you, dictionaries are not authorities on the definitions of words.
    Ezekiel 23:20, Ezekiel 16:49-50, Mark 10:25, James 5:1-6, Luke 16:19-31, Matthew 19:21, Numbers 5:11-31