Stop buying their pizza if they're being idiots.
Stop buying their pizza if they're being idiots.
meh, the more big companies act this way the more it will just lead to this countries downfall or revolution
Last edited by Gsara; 2012-11-14 at 01:59 AM.
Of course costs are going up due to Obamacare. Did you really think, though, that a Poppa John's employee could afford health insurance without an employer subsidy?
If it has to be this way (And I still think there are better ways to have handled the health care situation) then it's better 10% of their employees get laid off while the remaining 90% get health care than everyone keeping their job and no one getting it.
---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 02:03 AM ----------
Calling Massachussetts health care "Romney care" is like if Obama refused to extend the Bush tax cuts with Congress overriding his veto. Then the press would call them "The Obama-era tax cuts".
Or that the cost of a rather unhealthy food go up a couple of cents.If it has to be this way (And I still think there are better ways to have handled the health care situation) then it's better 10% of their employees get laid off while the remaining 90% get health care than everyone keeping their job and no one getting it.
OBamacare only applies to full time employees. Cutting back hours prevents you from having to offer a government mandated health plan that costs you more money. We need to make an environment where hiring people is a benefit and not a liability.
A) If the demand for your business went up
B) The government began paying you to hire people
If there's one thing I can't fucking stand as a Republican it's when people say that giving someone money will make them hire someone else. It makes me embarrassed to vote for the GOP and when my supposed candidates say it it makes me fucking vote for a third party.
---------- Post added 2012-11-14 at 02:32 AM ----------
I will say this, however, in Papa John's defense.
They don't make that much money.
I'm serious, too. People say "They made $1.22 billion in revenue last year!" or "The CEO has a drawbridge!"
Let's look at it in context.
That $1.22 billion in revenue is just that. Revenue. Their actual profit is about $52 million or about 4.5 cents on the dollar. Profit (for anyone who doesn't have a legitimate understanding of what profit really is) is only what's left over after you've paid all your bills (Employee salaries, cost of buying materials and paying rents, marketing etc). With 16,000 employees that means Papa John's earns about $3,250 per employee.
I'm not sure what an employer pays per person on a group plan, but you can be damn sure it's more than $3,000.
So Papa John's does have 2, very legitimate, choices. They can either try and cut costs and still bring in the same revenue given the increased expenses (Keeping their profit the same) or they can increase costs and not lay anyone off (Also keeping revenue the same).
The fact of the matter is that increased costs ARE going to have to come from somewhere because the company's margins can't go much lower without failing to turn a profit.
But the solution is so easy. Papa Johns said it themselves. 14 cents per pizza. That's nothing.
Why is this ass hat running around making a big stinking shit storm out of nothing. Raise the cost of each pizza by 14 cents, no one even notices, employees get health insurance, profit.
14 cents for the opportunity to have healthier, happier workers making my cardboard pizza. Shit I'd be fine with an extra dollar.
It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.
Look at Dominos. Are they bitching? They don't seem to be, and their pizza is better than PJ's anyway. Buy from them.
No seriously, their pizza is fucking good if you consider the fact that it's just chain pizza.
I just got laid off.
Last day of work was supposed to by Friday but since my boss is a 'lovely woman' she is asking me to come in monday to finish my paperwork.
She told me they dont have enough money to 'pay' me...guess she forgot im an associate accountant along with my main job- i can see how much money we have
sucks but at least i get to go spend christmas with my guy, who was awesome and bought me a ticket
(why you no work?!?! school full time and was working at a corporate job full time- moving back in with mum before i move to new state- so i take small break for end of year, then start 2013 fresh and positive)
Gotta agree with LC's being great value to though. I just like Dominos a fair bit better. I'm not about to rage if I'm drinking and someone says they're grabbing LC's though.
Last edited by Bergtau; 2012-11-14 at 04:28 AM.
Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.