Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. Preemptive surcharges, however, are ludicrous.
    Why is it ludicrous?

You deny the basic effects of this legislation?

Quote Originally Posted by Riidii View Post
    Why is it ludicrous?

Effects that haven't happened yet, and are unknown even if they will.

Yes. It's not just ludicrous, it's absolute bullshit; similar to the average quality of food at a Denny's.

Yes. It's not just ludicrous, it's absolute bullshit; similar to the average quality of food at a Denny's.
    Nothing about this is unknown.

Every single business in the US is going to have to adjust to these new costs. Or else have smaller profit margins.

Maybe the effects are just unknown to you. People have been preparing for awhile.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Do you have access to his records?

Why do you automatically assume he's using Obamacare as an excuse to gouge when he's well within his rights to raise prices in response to increased costs?

You guys seem to get update when companies DON'T raise their prices and instead attempt to appeal the decision and you get upset when they DO raise prices and don't fight it.
    Many liberals are emotionally invested in Obama. Insulting him is the same as insulting them.

One does not need to be an economist to figure out that suddenly having to pay for something you did not have to before will cost more money. It's gonna have to come from somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    One does not need to be an economist to figure out that suddenly having to pay for something you did not have to before will cost more money. It's gonna have to come from somewhere.
    Yes, but an economist would also figure out that with these employees now having healthcare insurance of their own, costs would be saved elsewhere.

Personally, I don't give a flying fuck if these 40 Denny's locations charge 5% more. Now that their employees with have healthcare, my premiums will go down. That saves me money.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2012-11-16 at 07:18 PM.

Yes, but an economist would also figure out that with these employees now having healthcare insurance of their own, costs would be saved elsewhere.

Personally, I don't give a flying fuck if these 40 Denny's locations charge 5% more. Now that their employees with have healthcare, my premiums will go down. That saves me money.

Yea that all sounds lovely but Denny's still has to pay for it somehow.

Personally, I don't give a flying fuck if Denny's charges 5% more. Now that their employees with have healthcare, my premiums will go down. That saves me money.
    Not so fast.

"In Wisconsin, Obamacare to Increase Individual Insurance Premiums by 30%, Says Obama Adviser".

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/201...obama-adviser/

Not so fast.

"In Wisconsin, Obamacare to Increase Individual Insurance Premiums by 30%, Says Obama Adviser".

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/201...obama-adviser/
    Nice crystal ball that guy has there. Where can I buy one of those?

Why is it ludicrous?

Dosen't it have to be enacted first?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Responsible people prepare, irresponsible respond.

All i can say to the people mad about companies that are doing this is you reap what you sew. If you supported obama, and supported his health care plan...this is what happens, and you got exactly what you wanted.

No one cares about the fact that socialized medicine has either failed and/or bankrupted every nation thats tried it. People in Europe brag about it too...hasn't it bankrupted you guys also? Last i heard they were trying to ditch it there as well. Its not even just that...its the quality of care...why do you think people came to the US for care from all over the world, including nations with socialized medicine?

Behold, the "job creators" are actually chameleons. They're job creators when exploiting labor is simple. They're beleaguered business men when labor demands that it be treated with a certain respect and dignity. Honestly, they're only opening the hole for more ethical leaders to blow them out of the water by hiring a better work force.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    That's sort of common sense, which seems to be lost on many people.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's sort of common sense, which seems to be lost on many people.
    Like the poster above said: "Responsible people prepare, irresponsible respond."

I know, I know ~ Logic isnt allowed when pointing a finger at democrats. Im just sayin`.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Papa Johns CEO threatens to reduce employee hours or increase pizza prices so he doesn't have to pay for healthcare.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_2104202.html

Murray energy fires 150+ employees in response to Obama re-election.
    http://m.washingtonpost.com/business...684_story.html

So I guess this is the new thing. Blame layoffs and price increases that were already going to happen on Obama. Murray energy should probably blame the free market for its layoffs, since they are a direct result of the rising competitiveness of Natural Gas via fracking. It's no wonder they deny climate change and lobby for unsafe working conditions to reduce cost.

Oh look a picture of John Schnatters house. i.imgur.com/T7W2j.png

Your pizza sucks anyways, John.
    You do realize that there are billionaire democraps who've ordered lay offs in their companies because the company could not afford health care costs. Papa Johns has the balls to say the reason they're laying off people.

What I find incredibly sad and pathetic is that democraps will boycott a company, thus making it even further difficult to generate revenue. Moreover, the guy has spent his entire career building a business which employees thousands around the world, yet you're going to bitch and cry because he's been paid well for his accomplishment?

Without men and women who roll the dice, risk themselves financially and their career to build a dream you wouldn't have many of the companies which employee sometimes hundreds of thousands of people, yet you're crying because they've been compensated for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I know, I know ~ Logic isnt allowed when pointing a finger at democrats. Im just sayin`.
    Preparing for baseless conjecture.

Some people only use facts. You know, just sayin'.

So let me try and break down this logic.

- Liberals yell and scream that they support Obamacare.
    - Economists warn way ahead of time about the increased costs.
    - Liberals denounce it.
    - Obamacare starts coming into effect.
    - Businesses everywhere start to adjust for these costs.
    - Liberals yell and scream that adjusting is mean and unethical.

Am I following?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimrot View Post
    You do realize that there are billionaire democraps who've ordered lay offs in their companies because the company could not afford health care costs. Papa Johns has the balls to say the reason they're laying off people.

What I find incredibly sad and pathetic is that democraps will boycott a company, thus making it even further difficult to generate revenue. Moreover, the guy has spent his entire career building a business which employees thousands around the world, yet you're going to bitch and cry because he's been paid well for his accomplishment?

Without men and women who roll the dice, risk themselves financially and their career to build a dream you wouldn't have many of the companies which employee sometimes hundreds of thousands of people, yet you're crying because they've been compensated for that?
    I dont believe that I will get a well crafted pizza that passion went into cooking from a workforce that is disregarded - you get what you pay for, happy employees are good employees

10+ Year Old Account
    So let me try and break down this logic.

- Liberals yell and scream that they support Obamacare.
    - Economists warn way ahead of time about the increased costs.
    - Liberals denounce it.
    - Obamacare starts coming into effect.
    - Businesses everywhere starting to adjust for these costs.
    - Liberals yell and scream that adjusting is mean and unethical.

Am I following?
    Oh boy, strawman time. But I suppose rewording the argument to attempt to attack others far supersedes maintaining an objective view of reality.