Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    The rich want to stay rich and keep the poor, poor.

It works for them 2 ways actually.. While they can in fact be rich, not even comparing them to the "poor".
    But if they also make it such a big gap between the 2, they will seem even richer, by comparison.
    The rich... have no incentive to keep the poor poor.

They're only rich because people buy their stuff. What's there to be gained if no one can afford to buy things from them?

10+ Year Old Account
    The rich want to stay rich and keep the poor, poor.

It works for them 2 ways actually.. While they can in fact be rich, not even comparing them to the "poor".
    But if they also make it such a big gap between the 2, they will seem even richer, by comparison.
    The reason why businesses do so well in the US is that, even now, its an incredibly strong economy. Its why China focuses on catering to the US instead of to its own people. Yes, corporations will push for maximizing profit to an extent, but ultimately they have a massive incentive to keep the US stable.

Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    Healthcare cost way too much unlike 2 million free pizza.
    Good point made here. Can't afford to pay a little more healthcare but gosh darn it, I'm giving away 2 million free pizzas and more!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    The reason why businesses do so well in the US is that, even now, its an incredibly strong economy. Its why China focuses on catering to the US instead of to its own people. Yes, corporations will push for maximizing profit to an extent, but ultimately they have a massive incentive to keep the US stable.
    Well sure! If I was living pretty well off, like the rich.. I'd want it to stay stable too.. Point is, that's pretty wrong.. I mean yeah, good for them.. But do the poor, want to stay poor, just for the sake of stability? Doesn't seem very fair to me.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well sure! If I was living pretty well off, like the rich.. I'd want it to stay stable too.. Point is, that's pretty wrong.. I mean yeah, good for them.. But do the poor, want to stay poor, just for the sake of stability? Doesn't seem very fair to me.
    The more money you have, the more you can buy. So the more people with money to spend in the US, the more companies make. A company profits more from richer countries than poorer countries, which again is why China caters to the US. So the rich don't want to keep the poor poor, its just that such economic disparity is a side effect of economic growth in the upper class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    The PIIGS?

I like Switzerland. If I had to pick one European country to take cues from, it would be them.

Guns everywhere and none of this single-payer nonsense. Oh and a policy of non-intervention in foreign affairs. I like that.
    And building a nation on stolen Jewish gold, yummmm
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    And building a nation on stolen Jewish gold, yummmm
    Wow... I don't even want to start listing all the things wrong with that sentence (fragment).

I think it's also the consumer culture here in the US, we have the best consumer culture in the world in that people will buy almost anything given little reason to, when compared to other countries.Not all countries celebrate Christmas and thanksgiving or birthdays the way america does where they buy gifts for themselves and other people ...and they have to get something which drives sales of useless things too.
    People here eat out alot too, people going out whole families at a time even to fast food joints, to celebrate anything from anniversaries to birthday parties really helps restaurants, and once customers are out of the house , it makes it more likely they will go shopping at other places along the way.They could just stay home and cook, or invite friends over instead, but they instead go out alot.

There are several examples,but my conculsuion is that america has one of the best customers in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... I don't even want to start listing all the things wrong with that sentence (fragment).
    You do know the Nazis stole billions from their Jewish citizens and sent it to banks in Switzerland, right? I respect Sweden's neutrality a lot more than Switzerland's.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by walexia View Post
    I think it's also the consumer culture here in the US, we have the best consumer culture in the world in that people will buy almost anything given little reason to, when compared to other countries.Not all countries celebrate Christmas and thanksgiving the way america does where by the buy gifts for themselves and other people for christmas...and they have to get something which drives sales of useless things too.
    People here eat out alot too, people goign out whole families at a time even to fast food joints, to celebrate anything from anniversaries to birthday parties really helps restaurants, and once customers are out of the house , it makes it more likely they will go shopping at other places along the way.They could just stay home and cook, or invite friends over instead, but they instead go out alot.

There are several examples,but my conculsuion is that america has one of the best customers in the world.
    From my experience, especially given my own country, the amount of consumerism is related only somewhat to the overall mentality and far more to do with the surplus. If people have the money to spend, and no specific views preventing them from doing so, they will spend to their hearts content. You need only look at history and things such as Rome to know that people will be greedy spenders outside of things such as the influence of advertising in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    i can tell you for an absolute fact that this is not accurate. a couple of weeks ago my cousin was hit by a hit-and-run driver in new orleans. the cops didnt bother to try to find the driver. the hospitals refused to treat him because he had no insurance. they actually released him, his dad had to drive down from tennessee to get him. the injury? his thigh was laid open almost to the bone from about 3 inches from his pelvis to about 2 inches from his knee
    But reality is so unfun for the far right in the USA. They think everyone just gets all the care they need in the ER and that everyone can afford it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    You do know the Nazis stole billions from their Jewish citizens and sent it to banks in Switzerland, right? I respect Sweden's neutrality a lot more than Switzerland's.
    You respect Sweden's neutrality more than Switzerland's during WW2?

Switzerland's involvement was confined to purchasing gold from the German government. I'm not sure there was even any awareness where that gold came from apart from plunder in foreign central banks.

SWEDEN decided to allow Germany to use their land and railways to transport troops and materiel from Norway to Finland. They exported huge quantities of raw material to Germany.

They provided assistance to the Allies too.

Is playing both sides considered "neutral" nowadays?

IDK when you're only providing assistance in so far as it keeps your people intact I can see the argument that you're being neutral to the best of your ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Not sure, but sounds like they could sue the hospital.
    I know frivolous lawsuits flooding this country. But this case is not one of them.
    It's a very valid reason, in my opinion.
    yeah I'm pretty sure that is legitimately sueable, especially since doctors take the Hippocratic oath and are supposed to be held to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

There WAS no fucking surplus. It never existed!

Look. It's right here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...es_public_debt

At no point during the Clinton Presidency did gross federal debt go down. PUBLIC debt went down because Clinton started borrowing from other sources.

I'm not bashing Clinton because, for a Democrat, I thought he did a pretty good job. But no one deserves credit for something they didn't do.

Denial of facts so typical of the far right. You can hate liberals as much as you want but FACTS are FACTS.

http://www.davemanuel.com/history-of...ted-states.php

check those clinton years and you will see SURPLUS written on the last few of them You will if you also looked hard find that Obama is the most fiscal conservative president in the history of the country ( not a good thing since we could use more stimulus for sure to get out of the rut we are in from the GOP)

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    IDK when you're only providing assistance in so far as it keeps your people intact I can see the argument that you're being neutral to the best of your ability.
    And Switzerland going so far as to shoot down both Allied and Axis aircraft for violations of their airspace isn't neutrality? Is there any evidence the Swiss purchased gold from Germany knowing some of it was taken from the Jews?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Denial of facts so typical of the far right. You can hate liberals as much as you want but FACTS are FACTS.
    LOL! It's so typical of internet forum "discussions".

10+ Year Old Account

check those clinton years and you will see SURPLUS written on the last few of them You will if you also looked hard find that Obama is the most fiscal conservative president in the history of the country ( not a good thing since we could use more stimulus for sure to get out of the rut we are in from the GOP)
    Yeah, a surplus on paper, but the debt kept rising. That's not a surplus.

He got close and there would have been a surplus within another year or two if his policies were continued, but it wasn't there yet.

Is there any evidence the Swiss purchased gold from Germany knowing some of it was taken from the Jews?
    Nah dude they dug it up themselves, totally.

The accusation works both ways. Attacking the messenger instead of the message is typical of personal projection.